Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Hi girls,

sorry I havent been around in a while. I see that all of you are doing great!!

Didnt catch up with all the posts yet but did I hear anything about food challenge? Im definitely up for it:-)

Happy bandiversary Eficka! Yes, join us on the food challenge -- we're only on day 2.

Boo, listen, seriously, if you try counting calories and it's not your thing, don't worry about it -- everyone has to eat how it works best for them. Then again, maybe you'll try it and love it! I just don't want you to feel any pressure to approach food differently just because Betty and I find calorie counting to work for us. You're a grown-up and I probably don't need to worry about it so much, but there you go. Hugs!

Today has been good so far. First of all the scale was nice to me with 3 lbs gone overnight. Second, I'm only at 95 cals from Breakfast and it held me all the way to lunch. I considered for a half-second going to the gym tonight and just walking leisurely on the treadmill, but I decided against it. It's so contrary to doctor's orders and I don't want to jeopardize my recovery, RIGHT??

Ahh, lunchtime.

Yeah Eficka..........happy bandaversary to you! Great to have you join us in the food challenge - it is so helpful to have others join in! Boo - how are you doing? Julie - you'll soon be in the 70's...........woopee! I'm hopeful when I weigh on Friday I'll be in the 60's..........this challenge is keeping me so on my toes!

Walked to breakfast this morning and had about 1/4 cup of hot 7 grain Cereal, mixed with about 1/4 c soy milk - I even brought my own Molly-Mc-Butter and mixed in Splenda.......it was pretty good - almost like Water tho for me to get it down! Just tried some eggplant from last night and "no luck" - think I have to do a hot drink first before eating. Did that last night at dinner and it worked...............I love being tight tho - feels like months ago when I was doing so well - as long as I don't have to resort to liquid calories it'll be fine.

Hey Girls,

Jenny here... I am doing well after surgery. I'm a little frustrated with my energy level and I do feel a bit lightheaded at times. I am assuming it is because I am still healing and the lack of food - but any input would be great! It's great to talk to band "pros" while going through these early stages. Betty has been a HUGE support. I love reading about your challenges - it's great how you all keep each other on your toes! My goal is to hit the gym on Monday - and keep it strong through the week. In the meantime, I have been doing some light walking.

Jenny, Hi band-sis! We're so glad to hear from you and that your surgery went well. Listen, don't worry a bit about the fatigue. I was out of pain within 48 hours, felt completely healed (i.e. not even any port pain) within a week, but it took a full month for me to completely shed the fatigue. I could get through work fine, but then I'd come home and crash. No way I could make it to the gym for at least 3 weeks post-op or so, just due to energy levels. Anyway, you're doing great and I'm so glad you're on the mend.

941 calories for me today. 200 cals in cheese again. It's been my endulgeance as of late. I went to this fancy cheese store with my Step-mom this weekend and we bought three hunks of cheese. At least I'm measuring it and counting it, which I wouldn't be without this mini-challenge.

Eficka! Happy Bandiversary! No matter where we still want to go with our weight-loss, this first year of banding has been a huge success for our group.

Jenny, I was off work for two weeks and then was still tired. Maybe the anesthesia is still in your system. Also, drinking Clear liquids does not give you much in the way of nutrition. It won't be long until you are feeling better than ever!

Still not sure about calories. When I got the fill, the doctor wanted to put in more, but I was scared. So while I have some restriction, I'm not tight at all, yet. (Maybe there will be a delayed reaction)

The kitchen is closed for me for the day. I'll count up my calories and report back. Just got home and still have to go to the gym!

Wow Julie.. your already nearing the 70's WTG!

I need to update my challenge adding two ... I did hike over the weekend at a local state park, and last night my son and I walked nearly a mile.. tonight I did some BAND NESTING house cleaning and worked up a sweat mopping the floor and other stuff.. but I'm not counting it... I am getting really anxious.. not scared.. just a bit pensive about going under.. this will be my first surgery since becoming a mom.... I've had others while I was going through the infertility/miscarriage process, and he was taken by c-section... but the thought of not waking up although silly....... is still weighing a bit on my mind.... I can't even believe I'm voicing it aloud... almost a jinx factor... I KNOW this is all normal.... but I'm about as rational as a momma grizzley when it comes to him.......... ok.. I'll shut up now....

Thanks to each and every one of you who have continued to support us 07's............... B)

Tracy, I know it is scary! Any surgery is scary. After having the lapband operation, I truly wondered why I was nervous. It is NOTHING like childbirth or C-section!!! The recovery will be a piece of cake. (oops, forget I mentioned the c-word) You will do GREAT!

Okay, so I just realized that I am probably doing this backwards?? I ate 1201 calories today. It was cool to see the pie chart (oops, there I go again) showing percentages of protein/fat/carb intake. SO, do I try to tally during the day? I'm not near a computer until evening.

I am off to the cross-trainer.

Did you see we can rate each other's reputations!!! HAHA!!

Tracy, so many Moms with young kids have that fear -- it's completely normal and understandable. You are going to be fine and wake up with no problems at all, we promise. Just think of the gift you're giving your family by taking steps to take off this weight. You're going to feel like doing so much more with them and for them just by being thinner. Hang in there. You're going to do great and you're doing the right thing.

Julie and Boo - Thank you for the encouragement - you are right on. I have no pain, so there is this part of me that thinks I should be up and moving, but then all I want to do is sit or sleep - so glad to hear that is normal. AND it's good to hear about when you started to workout - and that I don't really need to push it - I guess I am just anxious to really start this!

Tracy - I was SO nervous before my surgery. When the nurse came in and said, "ok, it's time to go". I started to cry. When I look back, I think I was most afraid of the pain after the surgery. I have never had any kind of surgery, so I have nothing to compare this to, but I will say that I was quite pleasantly surprised at how little pain I had - and the pain I had lasted only for a tiny bit.

863 calories for the day! Yipee.............you guys are keeping me going..........going to have to drink about 5 cups of tea until I go to sleep........this is the worst time of the day for me..........cause I get bored! TV is so bad and I'm too tired to read... You guys are so great to have around............keeps me so honest!

Julie - I love cheese - I dare not have it in the house!

Boo - you'll get the hang of it in a few days - and will know approx how many calories you have had - so to better gage how many you have left.......I find that when I am really paying attention to my intake - I tend to have the same things over and over and know the counts by heart. Boring but easier.

I am really restricted since my fill a couple of weeks ago (still deciding if too much) - that and the fact that I've conciously stoped having liquid calories since I've had to count calories - they (the liquids - mainly soy latte's/Yoplait yogurts) were adding way too many calories I've discovered.............we shall see.

Jenny - You'll feel better and better - even tho this was a breeze for you - your body had a shock to it's system and you did push it by coming over to our support meeting on Sunday...and make sure you have enough calories/protein in your body so that it can function..................I'll bet you'll be raring to go to the gym by next week...............if this weather ever clears up, start by taking some short walks! Julie has promised to come visit me in the fall - so my 2 band kids can meet..........Boo are you going to join us? Anyone else in for a visit to the NW in the fall? Betty's hotel is open!!!!!!

Tracey - we'll be here to support you after surgery - keep calm, cool and collected - look how great Jenny has done - she was at my house for a band support meeting the 2nd day after her surgery!