Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any DC Metro/NoVA/MD folks

I live in Frederick County Maryland but my surgeon is in Reston/Fairfax.

I just had my first meeting yesterday. I'm torn between the bypass and the sleeve.

Hi Amy---I'm in Charles County, MD. I had sleeve surgery in DC at Washington Hospital Center just over 3 months ago. It was the best decision ever! Just wanted to wish you the best during your

journey---Your surgery date will be here before you know it and then you'll be on the loser's

bench! Lisa

Hi,

I am in Northern Virginia, We have the same surgeon. I just got my date this week, April 15th at FairOaks. I am getting the Bipass.

Hi fortune8-

I have a surgery date of July 1 with the same surgeon as you. How did your surgery go? Was it very painful? I'm really excited but also starting to get nervous.

I am in NoVA!

Hi, I am in Alexandria area, my doctor is Fitzer and I am also going to Fair Oaks :)

Hi, I am in Alexandria area, my doctor is Fitzer and I am also going to Fair Oaks :)

I am having my surgery at Fair Oaks too! July 16!

Awesome!! Glad to meet another going through this in my area! :)

Awesome!! Glad to meet another going through this in my area! :)

Me too. I have a couple of friends who have had it but they are caught up in their own lives right now. Looks like your surgery is coming up pretty soon, mine is ten days after yours! It would be great to talk to someone in my own area going through the same thing I am!

I am also having my surgery done by Dr Fitzer at Fair Oaks. My surgery is this Tuesday, all these months of waiting are up and the big day is right around the corner. I'm anxious about it but also so excited to start my new life. Today was the start of my three day clear liquid diet. I had a really nice dinner with friends last night and my last Cadbury bar when I got home. I'm definitely feeling hungry this evening so I'm trying to stay busy in an effort to distract me from the rumbly belly.

When is your surgery Karaya?

I don't know anyone personally who has had bariatric surgery so I'm glad to hear I have a couple of allies here on the forum.

Mine is July 7th, just had my last pre-op appointment with Jenny on Friday, last nutritionist meeting last Monday.

I start a liquid diet on July 4th, not going to the beach or activities this weekend. But I think I'll be spending time with myself that will be good :)

OMG - Jessica totally terrified about how crabby and yucky I am going to feel about those three days!

Big hugs and support your way, I start on July 4th!

I am in the Annapolis area and will be having by-pass on July 25. My surgeon is Alex Gandsas and I will be at Anne Arundel Medical Center. I have a two week prep diet where I can either have 4 shakes per day or a very limited menu of one egg and some fruit for Breakfast, a salad with low fat Salad Dressing and 4 ounces of lean Protein for lunch, one snack that must be high in Protein and low in carbs and 4 oz. of lean protein with two cups of a non-starchy veggie for dinner. Guess I'm pretty lucky.

70 miles west of DC. Had dr Mayes in Alexandria. Just got home yesterday after Thursday bypass. Still have a lot of air build up from surgery which is sore. Going slow but also had a large hiatal hernia repair.

It's day two of three of my clear liquid diet. Well really three and half since my surgery isn't until the afternoon. I,be got to say, I'm glad I'm doing this instead of the two week limited diet that others have mentioned. I'd LOVE to have some egg or a Protein Shake right now but three days of a stricter diet seems easier to me somehow than two weeks with a bit more variety. I guess it's easier for me knowing that my surgery date is so soon.

I'm feeling really hungry but I have more energy than I had anticipated. I'm sticking close to home so I don't smell yummy foods at the movies or the mall but I've been able to get out with the dog and it's ok. I was worried that I would feel lightheaded or wobbly with no food. I haven't been as cranky as I thought would be either. Just hungry and feeling sorry for myself. I saw a commercial today for Bob Evans and had to scramble to grab the remote to change the channel. I just keep telling myself that this will be worth it and there are people out there who go longer than this without eating NOT voluntarily!