Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know!!! I'm not feeling like I'm dying every time I lower or raise myself off the toilet, which I was.

Yes! My dad has the higher toilets at his house. I have the normal low ones. So peeing at his house wasn't terrible. I went to go the first time here last night and thought I wasn't going to be able to sit down. I finally did. But in was so surprised how much easier it was after the drain was out. And how much easier it is to wipe my girly bits after it was removed. Hahahaha

Yes! My dad has the higher toilets at his house. I have the normal low ones. So peeing at his house wasn't terrible. I went to go the first time here last night and thought I wasn't going to be able to sit down. I finally did. But in was so surprised how much easier it was after the drain was out. And how much easier it is to wipe my girly bits after it was removed. Hahahaha

I agree!!! Instead of taking 15 damn minutes to wipe it takes 10 seconds!!!! Lol

On another note, my belly is so distended. I can neither suck it in nor pooch it out. It's just there all swollen. When I take my abdominal binder off I feel like my guts are gonna spill on the floor through my 4 incision sites. Lol I'm supposed to wear it til my 2 week follow up but I only wear it at night Bc it kills me during the day.

I agree!!! Instead of taking 15 damn minutes to wipe it takes 10 seconds!!!! Lol

On another note, my belly is so distended. I can neither suck it in nor pooch it out. It's just there all swollen. When I take my abdominal binder off I feel like my guts are gonna spill on the floor through my 4 incision sites. Lol I'm supposed to wear it til my 2 week follow up but I only wear it at night Bc it kills me during the day.

Omg, yes! I Do wear mine all the time, but I did I'm laying down I'll let myself all hang out and air out. I don't like to not have it on when I'm going to get up or sit down cause I feel like my guts will for realz go flying everywhere. Haha

Omg, yes! I Do wear mine all the time, but I did I'm laying down I'll let myself all hang out and air out. I don't like to not have it on when I'm going to get up or sit down cause I feel like my guts will for realz go flying everywhere. Haha

What's an abdominal binder?

Mine is basically a wide piece of elastic with velcro that wraps around my abdomen. It just adds support and makes It feel like my incisions aren't going to go explodey everywhere when i get up or sit down. I like to keep it kinda tight, though I will undo it while I'm laying down for a break from it it does get itchy.

Edited by Sarahjane79

It's this stretchy thing that is wrapped around your tummy and velcros shut. It holds you in. Lol

It's this stretchy thing that is wrapped around your tummy and velcros shut. It holds you in. Lol

Like is it for medical reasons after surgery or is it just to give u a shape like a corset? Doesn't it hurt wearing it right after surgery? I'm 5 days post op and it bothers me when my pants or shirt rub against some of my incisions...

Like is it for medical reasons after surgery or is it just to give u a shape like a corset? Doesn't it hurt wearing it right after surgery? I'm 5 days post op and it bothers me when my pants or shirt rub against some of my incisions...

My doc has you wear them for support. But in the hospital I could have it off when laying down, and once I got discharged I could not wear it whenever I want. I love the extra support and feeling of being "held together" without it I feel like my incisions will break open or something when I have to bend of do anything using my abs. And no, it almost hurt me to not have it on after surgery. For me is also something covering the incisions so my shirt or pants don't rub on them.

I'm a fan if it. Ill wear mine as long as I can. And will probably look into some kind of tank top shape wear to wear for a bit.

I woke up with it on and if I have it off I feel like my insides are gonna burst out of my incisions or that they are gonna pop open. I'm the opposite of SJ, I prefer to wear mine at night Bc I'm a side sleeper and without it I'm in a ton of pain rolling from side to side or getting out of bed. Also if you laugh or cough it keeps you from feeling like you're ripping your incisions and tummy open.

I woke up with it on and if I have it off I feel like my insides are gonna burst out of my incisions or that they are gonna pop open. I'm the opposite of SJ, I prefer to wear mine at night Bc I'm a side sleeper and without it I'm in a ton of pain rolling from side to side or getting out of bed. Also if you laugh or cough it keeps you from feeling like you're ripping your incisions and tummy open.

Oh, I won't sleep without it on! I'll just undo it for a bit while laying down. I also haven't tried side sleeping. The couch has been really comfy with 5 pillows all behind me, it's like a way more comfy version of the hospital bed. And easier to get out. Haha.

But yeah. I can't imagine not having one wear ever. No thanks.

Oh, I won't sleep without it on! I'll just undo it for a bit while laying down. I also haven't tried side sleeping. The couch has been really comfy with 5 pillows all behind me, it's like a way more comfy version of the hospital bed. And easier to get out. Haha. But yeah. I can't imagine not having one wear ever. No thanks.

Ohhhh. I misunderstood ya. I have to have help getting it on though. Thank goodness for Lindsay and Jolie. They've been a huge help. Jolie even changes my bandage over where my drain was pulled Bc I have to keep it covered for 5 days. They said it's a high risk of infection otherwise.

Ohhhh. I misunderstood ya. I have to have help getting it on though. Thank goodness for Lindsay and Jolie. They've been a huge help. Jolie even changes my bandage over where my drain was pulled Bc I have to keep it covered for 5 days. They said it's a high risk of infection otherwise.

I can tighten it myself, if it's already on. If it's not on, I definitely need help. Although I will say its a million times easier no matter what if someone can help. I gave in and asked my roommate for help today. The home care nurse didn't make it tight enough. And she was kind of weird, so I just let it go. Lol

Just be careful with the farting because when you least expect it BAM diarrhea!! Lol! Almost didnt make it to the bathroom!

Yeah. I won't be trying to fart unless I'm already on the toilet. Haha.

I haven't sharted yet, but I'm pretty careful. If it feels like it's gonna be a volcano I am over the toilet.