Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips Please! Soda, Eating too fast, drinking while eating

I didn't read through all of the posts, and I'm new at this band thing, b ut just off the top of my head I thought have you eaten these foods before? Have you tried introducing only one food at a time?

I am currently reading the book by Muhammed Ali's daughter, and the surgeon (who brought the band into the states for the clinical trials) said that things like bread can go into a big sticky ball in the pouch, blocking the exit. Maybe that could be the problem? Not necessarily the food you ate at the time, but something you ate earlier that was still in your pouch?

Just a thought..hope this helps. :wink:

I just love this website. Everyone is so honest and I can relate to so many of the issues. I was banded 12-19-07 and am going for my first fill tomorrow. I'm disgusted because I know I have gained weight. I was on a liquid diet for three weeks before the surgery and had no diet coke. A week after the surgery I'm drinking it like crazy again. I do agree it makes me want more to eat and drink.

Can someone tell me how you put that "Ticker Factory" weight tracker on your site?

Thanks

Hi SHesha, I had the same problem with the diet coke. I could/would drink like a 2L a day-4-5 cans !! so I know how hard it is to get away from it. I found that keeping other stuff in the house like Crystal Lite Iced Tea, Water, etc instead of the diet coke, it was easier for me to not see it and want to drink is. We think that just because it has no calories that it is ok. Granted, it's not the same as food consumption, but I do believe that most of my weight was lost because I cut out the pop...even our diet stuff! It really makes you retain water!

Lisa

I noticed you have been banded a little longer than me....1yr coming up june 1st,2008. I have lost 55lbs and feel great. I started at 210lbs. It all still seems to be a learning experience and some days are easy and some are hard. Some days I can eat and the next day nothing will go down the right way. But it has definately been worth it! I have 10 more pounds to reach my goal.

Giving up soda was a major obstacle for me. I used to drink a two liter of diet Pepsi a day! I am now soda free! I did restart drinking iced tea a month after surgery. I must admit giving up soda has been the most difficult addiction to give up. It took me to such a happy place. I did allow one to go flat just to get the taste. Ugh! Now I know the addiction has changed from a physical to a merely mind problem. I couldn't believe the taste was soooooo bad! Now I can get to my happy place all by myself without the soda and food triggers. I can't tell you what a relief it is!!

Good morning everyone,

I too use to be a pepsi freak....I loved it. But maybe two three years ago I gave it up. Went from Reg Pepsi to Diet Pepsi, went though the headaches of diet pepsi until I realized it doesn't matter soda is soda...it's just bad for you all the way around. So I gave it up. I am a coffee drinking and Water with a lemon. I'll make greentea as iced tea allot to. But I could go all day without drinking before...now I can't I actually get thristy. BUt I took eat too fast at times and I will PB allot and sometimes I end up bringing back up. I have learn some what. I do have days were I eat so great and others I over eat. I don't write down though. My first fill was Oct 3rd, at first I didn't think it was anything until I ate chicken, turkey or beef O I knew. If I swallow my drink to fast it will come up and it hurts...if I take a bite and follow with another before the first bite goes down it comes up. I still have allot to learn. But all your posts help so much. I thank everyone on here. We all need each other. Thanks I am still learning to eat less eat slow small bites.

I saw this post and thought I could have written the heading! Lisa, its nice to know I'm not the only one still struggeling with this! Not the soda thing....I've never been a big soda person. But I was raised with 2 big brothers and learned to eat fast. I guess it takes a while to "un-learn" 40 some years of a habbit!

-barb

I two raised with two older brothers lol also two younger sisters but I eat so fast. It's a long learning processes. I still drink to fast to. Besides my brothers and I use to hide my stuff and put my name on it lol I have goten better over the weeks but I am still to fast. I'm not seeing weight coming off me at this point either and it's really got me. I see my doctor on the 19th