Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose the first 3-4 months? I want to be out of the 200+ Club by summer.

I was sleeved 1/16 and lost 20 pounds on the 2 week pre-op and 22 pounds since surgery. I'm eating everything (meaning veggies, fruit, protein) regardless of consistency now and have been since week 2. I average 1000-1200 calories a day. No exercise yet as I'm not cleared for it. Not sure if that pace will remain in the coming months. My start weight was 374.

Comparing yourself to others can cause disappointment later. I have noticed that finding someone who is your same gender, age and height is more realistic - but even then there are so many factors (such as your metabolism rate) that will cause you to have your own experience that makes it hard to compare to anyone else.

The weight comes off quickly in the first few weeks because you will barely be taking in calories, but then it tends to slow down considerably, especially as you start eating solid foods and are tempted to cheat. That's when I've noticed that people have to start counting calories. I'm a few months out and my goal is no more than 1,100 calories per day because my metabolism is below normal. My Protein goals are the same since the day of surgery - 90 grams per day. I still don't eat much fruit, due to the sugar, and don't eat much salad, because I'll want croutons and honey mustard. For me, this stage has been about knowing what will tempt me and making an effort to stay away from it.

Even before I had the metabolic testing and knew the results, I wasn't losing quickly, which got really frustrating. I am a "slow loser," losing a pound a week. I have also experienced a couple of stalls. This is just part of my reality now. The important part is that I'm still losing, and this surgery was the best decision I've ever made for myself.

I already know this thanks. I was curious to see what others have lost. I am a reasonably intelligent person... I know that I cannot compare myself to others. Thanks for your feedback.

Listen... I am not comparing myself to anyone. I was curious about stats. I don't need a lecture on how not to set myself up for failure and disappointment. Thanks anyway.... this has been enlightening. Blah.

I am four months out from surgery, sleeved October 7th, 2013 and from surgery date have lost 98 pounds :-)

attachicon.gif:

That is incredible! You rock

Thank you BellaDonna!! :-)

Why can't everyone answer simply as you did without all the "you are setting yourself up for disappointment" blah blah blah..... I just want some incentive... I am not expecting to have the same results. I am NOT a frikken idiot.

Listen... I am not comparing myself to anyone. I was curious about stats. I don't need a lecture on how not to set myself up for failure and disappointment. Thanks anyway.... this has been enlightening. Blah.

Most of us have seen your answers in other threads. Some would suggest you need a little more coaching than other people. You'll always get these responses...there really are many many whom come here and DO compare their results to others and it's just horrible to watch their downward spiral.

So as much as you want to complain about being Enlightened and not needing it, your original post would suggest otherwise to any of us that have seen the troops pass threw here and then vanish.

Their trying to show you they care. If you don't need that then great. But getting snippy in posts won't do you any favors.

Belladonna simply posted a question, how hard it is to answer it without throwing smart a$$ remark or some know it all comment? If you don't want to answer the question of which she is asking then move to the next forum. It amazes me in these forums how many know it alls there are and how many ppl want to act like they are the doctor or therapist. Simply answer the damn question or go to the next one! Jeeze.

I curious about others rate of loss too but NOT to compare myself to. My surgeon asked me my goal weight and I said I don't one. So no comparisons needed. It doesn't mean I can't be interest in the general rate most lose in the first few months like the OP. Were all adults and not everyone need a lecture based off what others posters wrote in the past.

Most of us have seen your answers in other threads. Some would suggest you need a little more coaching than other people. You'll always get these responses...there really are many many whom come here and DO compare their results to others and it's just horrible to watch their downward spiral.

So as much as you want to complain about being Enlightened and not needing it, your original post would suggest otherwise to any of us that have seen the troops pass threw here and then vanish.

Their trying to show you they care. If you don't need that then great. But getting snippy in posts won't do you any favors.

Honey Dear.... I could give a rats patoot about your opinion about me needing coaching. I am not on here because I need to be educated!! I am an educated medical professional. I know how to read research and articles and find answers to most questions on the web. I come here for either positive encouragement or ideas because despite my knowledge base... I am not a know it all. I simply was curious about weight loss successes. Keep your two cents to yourself when it pertains to me moving forward. Got it?

I curious about others rate of loss too but NOT to compare myself to. My surgeon asked me my goal weight and I said I don't one. So no comparisons needed. It doesn't mean I can't be interest in the general rate most lose in the first few months like the OP. Were all adults and not everyone need a lecture based off what others posters wrote in the past.

THANK YOU! That is all I wanted to know was how other did. I don't expect the same results. It amazes me how wonderfully ppl have done and it also is enlightening to know about ppl's plateaus and stalls. Many of those ppl have posted they eat under 800 calories a day.... it just reinforced what I already know.... I won't lose if I put myself in starvation mode. I really don't appreciate ppl critiquing me by comments implying that I am trying to compare myself to others. I plan to do well regardless. I know all personalities are not going to get along here, its human nature but I can't stand a know it all smart ass.

Belladonna simply posted a question, how hard it is to answer it without throwing smart a$$ remark or some know it all comment? If you don't want to answer the question of which she is asking then move to the next forum. It amazes me in these forums how many know it alls there are and how many ppl want to act like they are the doctor or therapist. Simply answer the damn question or go to the next one! Jeeze.

Thank you! I appreciate that. Good Lord. I am here for encouragement and support not to listen to some accuse me of comparing myself or 'setting myself up for failure' merely b/c I am inquisitive.

There's a reason a lot of people come onto these forums and never come back. Those that think they are 'helping', and 'encouraging' and 'looking out for your best interest' really seem to be ones that just want to know it all and be better then others and play doctor. We all have our own doctors, we don't need that here nor do we need the negativity. And as an FYI for those that say "well I've done the process and been sleeved for three years", well kudos to you but that doesn't mean you are the doctor of the sleeve or know it all. Please, let's not make this a site (even though it has for some) where ppl run away from. Belladonna asked a very reasonable question that MANY of us have asked when we were sleeved, and four months out I STILL ask.

I have been on this forum for about 3 months. I continue to be flabbergasted at the level of negativity and know it alls (who are giving bad information). I am 8 weeks postop and doing well. I guess it it time to leave bariatricpal.

I have been on this forum for about 3 months. I continue to be flabbergasted at the level of negativity and know it alls (who are giving bad information). I am 8 weeks postop and doing well. I guess it it time to leave bariatricpal.

MamaSpike ~

Congrats! How are you feeling! I have thought about leaving to, but have gotten close to some people and call them my support so therefore I won't give up on then nor let myself down because of it. Gotta just move onto the next forum. It's sad that people have to know all, and be all. I hope you are doing well and welcome to the world of being sleeved! Much success wishes to you!!