Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PROTEIN HELP PLEASE!

melba toasts are the crackers that dissolve and my surgeon suggests.

So you can tolerate sugar? How long ago did you have your surgery? Where can I find those crackers?

Yeah I haven't had any issues with sugar since the beginning. My surgery was 2/27/13.

My nutritionist recommended regular saltines during the soft stage, and chew til mushy.

I like hummus but I like them with bagel crisps, lol

You allowed bagel chips? You do ok with them?

My surgeon says no bread at all...I was a bit disappointed as I thought I could at least have toast.

Xx

Yeah I haven't had any issues with sugar since the beginning. My surgery was 2/27/13.

My nutritionist recommended regular saltines during the soft stage, and chew til mushy.

Mine said the same. I tolerate pretzels now but don't eat bread at all. I don't even eat saltines any more.

I eat hummus with with a spoon. I like to chop jalapeños and mix them in. I love spicy! Sometimes I use Beanitos but they have rice flour in them and they make my insides gurgle. I can't eat rice or anything w/rice flour. I found some tortilla chips I tolerate well made from black Beans and quinoa. I can't eat more than 6-8 chips. Very tasty though...

Terry I'd love to know the brand of the tortilla chips!

Terry, me too

Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks - Simply Beyond Black Bean Tortilla chips (made with sprouted black Beans, flax, and quinoa) Gluten free.

Ingredients: stone ground corn, high oleic sunflower and/or safflower oil, organic sprouted black Beans, organic sprouted flax seed, organic sprouted quinoa, pure sea salt.

Nutrition facts: serving size 1oz (about 11chips), calories 130, fat 6g, sodium 80g, carbohydrate 15g, Fiber 3g, Protein 2g.

I paid 2.79 for 5.5 oz bag. Not exactly low fat but not many chips are. Very tasty though! :-)

Thanks so much Terry!!

I haven't tried PB2, but you can find in on Amazon, it's a powdered low fat Peanut Butter. It gets good reviews.

It's also at Walmart.< /p>

There's only one place around here that carries PB2 and it's expensive. I usually just buy Skippy reduced fat peanut spread.

Walmart has it.

Walmart has it.

Mine doesn't, unfortunately. I check everywhere I go. I finally gave in and went to the nutrition store.

Mine doesn't, unfortunately. I check everywhere I go. I finally gave in and went to the nutrition store.

That sucks. I think it was $5. Keep checking, maybe they'll get it.

Try Amazon?

Hi, anything milk, chocolate vanilla etc makes me gag or nauseous for hours. I like the 15 calorie minute maid light mango and passion fruit drink: 8 ounces with 2 scoops nectar unflavored Protein, mixed and frozen fir about 10 - 15 minutes until icee consistency. I can stomach this for Breakfast.

If I'm feeling okay, I purée a Dole's peach in juice cup, strain it and add it too. If i do I add a third scoop of Protein.< /p>

I also like 4 ounces Water with orange Kool-aid liquid and a scoop of the unflavored protein. I also freeze until icee consistency.

I sip it, let the heat of my mouth warm it and "Tada"

Some like Isopure bottles. I liked them pre-op but after it's gross, my son drinks them after the gym.

Have you tried unsweetened almond milk? It's lactose free and it tastes great in Protein Drinks.

Hi, anything milk, chocolate vanilla etc makes me gag or nauseous for hours. I like the 15 calorie minute maid light mango and passion fruit drink: 8 ounces with 2 scoops nectar unflavored Protein, mixed and frozen fir about 10 - 15 minutes until icee consistency. I can stomach this for Breakfast.< /p>

If I'm feeling okay, I purée a Dole's peach in juice cup, strain it and add it too. If i do I add a third scoop of Protein.< /p>

I also like 4 ounces Water with orange Kool-aid liquid and a scoop of the unflavored protein. I also freeze until icee consistency.

I sip it, let the heat of my mouth warm it and "Tada"

Some like Isopure bottles. I liked them pre-op but after it's gross, my son drinks them after the gym.

Have you tried unsweetened almond milk? It's lactose free and it tastes great in Protein Drinks.< /p>

I liked it before surgery, unfortunately it doesn't taste good to me anymore either.I bought some of the Premier Protein shakes a few members have said they like...not for me, too think and creamy, makes me gag.At least I get to start soft foods on Tuesday, looking forward to bites of chicken instead of puréed.