Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a small leak. now all hell has broken loose

thank you all for the encouragement! ana, i was so happy to hear you would do this all over again. when you say know what signs to look for…..what do you mean? i do feel that i know my body pretty well. i know when something's weird happening. obviously i have a problem with knowing when to stop eating though. so i have to wonder how well i really do know. i am to leave sunday. i feel as though i will go through with this….yet not 100% have any of you ever heard of either of these doctors, dr. Ponce de leon or Dr Jose L. Curiel? what about Jerusalem Hospital? Would love to hear your thoughts. I will keep you all posted. love from, Mississippi!

i really felt a bit 'off'. i kept in touch with a few people who had the surgery around the same time as me and they were doing so well and i wasn't 100%. i had pain on my left side when i would sleep on it, my shoulder hurt. i didn't have a fever at all. after i had the emergency surgery to get rid of the abcesses the shoulder pain was completely gone. it was actually really weird. deferred pain. really pay attention to pain on your left side. and how you feel when you eat. keep up with others on here who have had the surgery. keep one step ahead of things. you will be fine.

i have 7 days left till they remove the stent!

the morphine really helps get rid of the aches. one thing i noticed is i have baaaad acid issues though. don't know if that's from the meds, or what. but gotta get that fixed. i'll talk to the doc when i get the stent removed. it might be because my flap between my stomach and esophagus is opened from the stent and the bile keeps coming up.

well i got my stent taken out today. still have a leak. they tried to use clips but the tissue was too 'fibrous'. he claims that the leak has shrunk to under a cm. from 2cm. so he was quite smug in blaming me for not keeping it in the whole six weeks. i twisted his arm to take it out today. blah blah.

he wants to put another stent in for four weeks. i guess i have to add 2 weeks on for another round. to suffer for my crybaby sins.

:/

well i got my stent taken out today. still have a leak. they tried to use clips but the tissue was too 'fibrous'. he claims that the leak has shrunk to under a cm. from 2cm. so he was quite smug in blaming me for not keeping it in the whole six weeks. i twisted his arm to take it out today. blah blah.

he wants to put another stent in for four weeks. i guess i have to add 2 weeks on for another round. to suffer for my crybaby sins.

:/

Ana he is not lying to you. It takes a good 6-8 weeks for the stent to do its job if at all. I would take the new stent and deal girl...if they tried clamps and that did not work then the next is a bypass loup.

No sense in comparing yourself with others...you are not them...Come on girl...You can do this!

Trust me Ana, you don't want more complications...just behave okay!!!!!!! And serve your time so you can get the hell out of there and on with your journey......okay!!!!!!!!!!

well. at least i know the stent had not migrated, it didn't hurt me at all and it worked. i suppose suffering four more weeks is worth closing the sucker up. pleaaaaase close dammit! supposed to go in tuesday. i should be okay this weekend right? i don't want to get sick.

well. at least i know the stent had not migrated, it didn't hurt me at all and it worked. i suppose suffering four more weeks is worth closing the sucker up. pleaaaaase close dammit! supposed to go in tuesday. i should be okay this weekend right? i don't want to get sick.

This sounds bad but if I could smack you right now I would.....Why would it migrate. It was placed in your sleeve exactly the same width as your sleeve....If it didn't hurt why did you want it out...A few more weeks and you would have been up and on your way....grrrrrrrrrrr...now another few weeks to go....LISTEN to your doctor Ana.....okay I so want you to get past all of this so that you can be free of complications and move forward on your journey....

Please, please do what he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

smack accepted. i deserve it for being a baby. i'm learning my lessons fast and hard when it comes to listening to doctors.

smack accepted. i deserve it for being a baby. i'm learning my lessons fast and hard when it comes to listening to doctors.

Well it is about time kiddo!!!!!!!!!!! I'm speaking from the point of having everything done..So I have been there done that and relied on those that knew more then me..Which is your team...... :)

i think both doctors have given up on me. i'm just sitting here at home on a j tube and contacted both doctors and i'm seeing one april 7th and the stent surgeon hasn't gotten back to me at all (he mentioned something about this last tuesday but didn't have his office call or anything). i don't know what to do. dr. aceves office has kept in touch with me, they suggest i keep the j tube in till i heal, and use ice chips if i'm thirsty. i'm really afraid of just having the j tube, i mean swallowing saliva, can't that get into the leak and cause problems? i have the odd weird 'pain' in the area to the left of my sternum which i thought before had something to do with the leak.

terrified of getting more abcesses~!

my temp is good though. my pulse is a bit high, but i think it's got a lot to do with stress.

my surgeon who cleaned the abcesses and took care of me in the hospital made the appt for me monday, he called me and i should have asked him more questions but i didnt even think. i guess i should call him again. ask him what to look for. if i get really stressed i can always go to emergency and tell them im in pain and they will investigate. how many xrays and ct scans can a body take though? i've had about 12 xrays and 5 ct scans in the last three months.

Okay with all that you said here hun. did they put the stent back in like they said they were going to. Or do they think your sleeve needs a rest. Because if they think that...the answer is no it does not!

I need more details about what they did after they removed the stent :)

they haven't done anything since the stent. i don't see a doctor till the 07 of april. the stent surgeon just removed the stent. tried to clip it after he removed it while he was doing the endoscopy, but said the clips didn't work. told me it wouldn't close on it's own because it's too 'fibrous'. the mexican doctor wants me on the j tube only as it's less invasive. but told me to listen to the doctors here because they know best what state my stomach is in. the stent doctor hasn't contacted me since he removed the stent even though i called his office to talk to him. he never phoned me back. my son said he's probably fed up with me for not keeping it in the whole six weeks. i don't think that's very ethical so hopefully not true.

I don't believe the doctor has given up on you. There has to be a reason why he has not contacted you yet. Maybe he feels that it will close on its own as well. KEEP the tube in...It is for your protection so that fluids don't escape. Then you would get another abscess and make matters worse.

Ana...Hun you really need to calm down and when they do contact you. DO what they tell you okay.

Keep calling Ana, as you are your only advocate in this. The 7th of April is not that far away. They might want to give your sleeve a rest.....Always try to look at things in a positive way and don't sabotage the Doctors plans for you.....

i must have set the magic wheels in motion making this thread. i just got a call from the stent doctor and i have an appt on march 28 for a 'clip'. we'll see how that works. if he can't get the clip to work then i'll make sure he puts the stent in again. i hope the clip works. i've done a bit of research on it. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. but if my stomach tissue is 'fibrous' then the clip should hold it well. fingers crossed **

i must have set the magic wheels in motion making this thread. i just got a call from the stent doctor and i have an appt on march 28 for a 'clip'. we'll see how that works. if he can't get the clip to work then i'll make sure he puts the stent in again. i hope the clip works. i've done a bit of research on it. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. but if my stomach tissue is 'fibrous' then the clip should hold it well. fingers crossed **

When I was in the place you are now they actually showed me one...They are titanium and fairly small. I sure hope it works for you Ana. They tried so hard for me with them too. But alas that did not work for me either....You however have a great chance.. Then you will be on your way and you will appreciate what you have been through more because you have worked for it. And won't abuse it RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

oh hell no. no abuse from me. i'm gonna go back to the beginning with my eating when they do this, if it's successful.

i feel so left behind from everyone else i met during the time i had my surgery. did you feel that too? they are thriving and growing and im struggling. but i will get there. this has to end happy. i sure hope it works! i wouldn't mind trying to find out what it looks like online, i might check out some sites.

thanks for sticking by me. :)

Lovely Ana, please relax and think positive, as it will help your body to heal.

I am excited about your appointment on the 28th and I will keep you in mind and send you positive vibes! xxx