Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a small leak. now all hell has broken loose

sitting after spending week after week with new complications. at the hospital. my body has an abscess drain from each area. now I have an inredible pain from the tube that has lipase in it. my panreas. they dont know what is happening. anti biotics arnt fixing it

sitting after spending week after week with new complications. at the hospital. my body has an abscess drain from each area. now I have an inredible pain from the tube that has lipase in it. my panreas. they dont know what is happening. anti biotics arnt fixing it

I am so sorry...I love hearing when people have no issues...they are the most of us. Like you I have dealt with complications for over a year now.....

Don't get discouraged okay and don't think ahead of what is happening now to you. If you do it will be very discouraging and painful for your mind to handle...

One day at a time, one step at a time. This will get resolved. And you are in the best place right now ( the hospital )...K

Thinking of you .....:(

Praying for you to heal and recover soon sweetheart!

Sending well wishes your way. Please keep us updated. Kind regards, D

OMG Ana! Didn't you have a feeding tube removed not to long ago?

So so sorry you are having all this trouble!!! I couldn't imagine. Lifting you up in prayer. God bless you honey.

got home yesterday. drains out. j tube in, stent in, hate the stent it makes me gag. its so uncomfortable the only way i can deal is by sticking my hand down my throat and causing my body to wretch so bad it takes my mind off the feeling.

i want this stent OUT now. i just had my six month anniversary from surgery. i dont even know how the heck they think a stent will make a difference. not sure if it's even feasible for the leak to heal now. i was in so much pain and sick in the hospital i thought i was going to die. i screamed and cried and was freaking the hell out. i was allergic to the dilaudid and hallucinated and wasn't making any sense which didn't help.

i'm very depressed right now. im at home and i have no energy or feel like walking anywhere. everything in my fridge is rotten and my house is dusty and kinda messy. all i'm doing is sitting here and spitting and trying to do something besides drug myself up to sleep. gonna try to get the stent removed this week. i don't know anymore. i'm worried my life is completely ruined. i have no appetite no desire to eat. no reason to fight anymore.

it's all so sad and useless.

got home yesterday. drains out. j tube in, stent in, hate the stent it makes me gag. its so uncomfortable the only way i can deal is by sticking my hand down my throat and causing my body to wretch so bad it takes my mind off the feeling.

i want this stent OUT now. i just had my six month anniversary from surgery. i dont even know how the heck they think a stent will make a difference. not sure if it's even feasible for the leak to heal now. i was in so much pain and sick in the hospital i thought i was going to die. i screamed and cried and was freaking the hell out. i was allergic to the dilaudid and hallucinated and wasn't making any sense which didn't help.

i'm very depressed right now. im at home and i have no energy or feel like walking anywhere. everything in my fridge is rotten and my house is dusty and kinda messy. all i'm doing is sitting here and spitting and trying to do something besides drug myself up to sleep. gonna try to get the stent removed this week. i don't know anymore. i'm worried my life is completely ruined. i have no appetite no desire to eat. no reason to fight anymore.

it's all so sad and useless.

Ana, listen to me....You will get through this....I know from my own experience what a stent feels like and there is a chance that it will help the leak to heal. The stent keeps the liquid away from the hole and helps the tissue to grow over it...Now in my case it did not work..I had another one put in on top of that one. It did not work either. But most people they do work....

They can clamp it together if this does not work or do a hook up to your sleeve with your intestine....It will be fixed one way or the other....

Don't stick your hand down your throat to gag. You can cause a lot of problems doing that.. Thus making matters worse!

5 months I went through hell over complications and crying and yelling and losing it does not help. It just exhausts you and makes you feel even worse.

10 months I had extra nursing care at home.....One step at a time Ana....one step at a time......You WILL get better and you will be stronger and you will be successful in this WLS.

15 months later I still have problems with my bed sore...it never ends it seems....But I want to think I am a strong girl who will not stop fighting and working for the goal I chose to pursue.......

You really have to let things like the house go you will get to it when you are better. Try not to get so down Ana....You have to remember why you did it......And work inch by inch to repair it......There are more things they can do to fix it..But they need you to be on board as well....

Please....I know this is not easy for you! It wasn't for me but I am here to tell you it will get better. You will heal and you will be like all the others a successful weight loss surgery patient.......

RJ, you are truly an inspiration. You story has always been touching to me. Anna, while I can't even imagine what you are going through I urge you to try and change your way of thinking. Thing are not hopeless. You will get through this and I just know that in the near future you, too, will be a great inspiration to someone in need.

Hugs Ana - do you have anyone support around you to help you and support you? It sounds like you need it right now.