Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting fluid removed Thursday!

I hit an issue the last 2 months having food stay down. So it's really limiting my food intake. I am excited to get some Fluid removed. I am really heading into a fitness direction and not being able to get enough calories in to supplement my workouts has been hindering me.

Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

There are so many variables there it is hard to dissect....not sure where to begin....

I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying....

However...how do you know you're not getting enough calories to supplement your workouts?

BTW...Your Dr...Morris Washington....he was my Surgeon when I first began all the initial seminars, evaluations and testing, etc....up here in Freehold NJ,.....3 weeks before my surgery he sold his practice, moved to SC....he was very good, and well liked by all...

The surgeon who took his place did my surgery, he is very good also...

Edited by B-52

Hi Manda, good for you listening to your body! And love the bit about the fitness direction. I am pretty sure that is the magic ingredient. Thanks for the reminder that too tight of a band is something I really, really do not want.

Dr. Washington is awesome. I only dealt with him a few times, I dealt mostly with Emily. She was good too.

I use fitnesspal, and I have a trainer as well. For the amount of workouts I do and the intensity, my net needs to be around 1700 AFTER taking away calories burned. Most of my workouts burn between 1000-1600 calories depending on what I am doing. Majority of the time I'm lucky to get in 1000-1200 calories, and when I workout, I burn all of it off and then some. It's hindering my fat loss :/ and limiting what foods I can handle.

I know I mentioned my calorie goal before on here and got hit with alot of "that's too much"...but I do alot of weight training, alot of cardio, weight resistance, etc. And I do it 4-5 times a week. So I don't want to compromise my muscle gains because I am having trouble getting food in you know?

My goal is to get enough Fluid removed so I can get my intake where it needs to be without so much trouble. I didn't have good issues prior to surgery, I qualified only because of hypothyroidism...so even having Fluid removed would be good to have the opportunity to eat good clean food. I see all these recipes, and I can't eat any of it :( no eggs, salads are 50/50, chicken rarely works, fish is a no go, pork and steak are 50/50. I can handle turkey the best but only if it's ground turkey, actual turkey I can't hold down. And veggies are a 50/50 shot too!

The band has helped me alot, but right now I crossed that threshold of not active to active, and it's starting to hinder my progress. So I need to re-evaluate that amount in my band :)

Just my own personal opinion, and understand everyone is different and have different avenues to success....

But I disagree with the whole calories thing, Fitness pal and trainers (and many nuts) know nothing about people who have undergone weight loss surgery...

I run 5 miles a day, weights, and at least one fitness class a week....all on a empty stomach, at 5-6am......a low cal recovery shake after my workout....if I deny calories, then my body is forced to burn what I have stored away as fat for an energy source...not what I'm feeding it by eating.....I now have a very low body fat%....in the "Fit - Athletic" range....to loose any more weight would not be fat so it is unhealthy for me to loose any more weight....I'm finished....so now I have to have some Protein before a workout....but no extra calories.

But again, not judging, just my philosohy and experience.

Hope it works for you....Good Luck...

Edited by B-52

I can't workout on an empty stomach..it makes me nauseas. I usually workout at night tho.

Appointment went well today. They removed .25cc and I can already find it easier to eat.

The PA Emily agreed with me about my calorie intake needing to be 1500-1800 for the level activity and intensity. That was a nice surprise :) I made an appointment for 6mos out to see how this goes.

Very excited to get my good calories in without getting sick lol! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches