Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any july surgery dates?

My doctor advised either of the procedures for me. I felt more comfortable with the sleeve.

My doctor advised either of the procedures for me. I felt more comfortable with the sleeve.

It is sleeve...only a single incision (not so many scars)

Please check this ...they explain better...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23574850/

I'm having my surgery on July 8th! Looking forward to my new life!

I am scheduled for July 10th. I am hoping to get the sleeve but it will depend on if my insurance will aprove it. They may only aprove the bypass. I am okay if it goes thst way as my mom had rny 3 years ago and has done wonderfully.

Hi I'm looking at July 2nd I'm very curious since I'm self paying an it's getting done in Mexico what about after care an dietician like someone helping with what to expect?? So far the lady on the phone has just told me I had to go on a liquid diet to loose some weight. For a week or two. But I haven't been told anything else. Can someone share there experience so far? I read an watch what is being said on here I'm just excited an nervous thanks for reading this an any reply.

Hi everyone,

I am booked for July 2, also self-pay in Mexico. So far, the experience for me has been great, the coordinator answering all of the questions I've put to her. Ginaa, I don't know which surgeon you've been looking at, but the one I chose has a health survey to fill out, then the nutritionist contacts you after review of that. As far as the liquid diet, the info I have at the moment is two weeks liquid supplemented with unlimited green veggies,with a goal of 10% loss unless the nutritionist tells me otherwise.

We need to be more active as a group!! Let's get to know one another. Dates, stats, goals, etc!!

We need to be more active as a group!! Let's get to know one another. Dates, stats, goals, etc!!

Ok I agree! I'm 5ft about 211lbs . I started my 6 month required diet 4 months ago. I'm borderline bmi so I was told to not lose weight. I should have surgery in July. My goal is to be about 130lbs. That's about a size 6 on me. I cannot wait for my surgery and I'm terrified at the same time. How about you?

I agree!! Looking forward to sharing with people doing this at the same time. 36 year old female, single, mom of one. Have surgery scheduled July 22nd. Self paying so don't have a lot to do right now except research, don't have to do so many dr appts and tests.

About 300 lbs now, keep losing and gaining 5 pounds. 5'5". My goal... Not sure maybe 145 as a dream goal but anything under 200 will make me thrilled. And then I will hack off another couple pounds with plastic surgery to remove extra skin :-)

I want to look great... But I also want to feel great, have more energy and stamina. I want to be able to maintain my home inside and out like I used to be able to.

Edited by PRINCESSM

Hi I'm looking at July 2nd I'm very curious since I'm self paying an it's getting done in Mexico what about after care an dietician like someone helping with what to expect?? So far the lady on the phone has just told me I had to go on a liquid diet to loose some weight. For a week or two. But I haven't been told anything else. Can someone share there experience so far? I read an watch what is being said on here I'm just excited an nervous thanks for reading this an any reply.

Ginaa if you send me your email I can share some info with you on pre and post op diets!

Great idea guys! As much as I really value the input/experience of people who have already "been there, done that", I think it would be good to connect with people who are going through pretty much the same thing at the same time. I'm 5'10", at 307.

I started looking into this half-heartedly about a year ago, then when I got serious about it discovered the province I'm in it takes about a year for the referral to go through and then a year of classes,appointments etc, with the possibility you may never be accepted for surgery. I definitely don't have that kind of time to waste, I want to get on with my life! Opted to do self-pay instead.

I have no idea what a realistic goal for my weight should be, but for the time being I have it in mind for 165-175lb. Lower than that would be ok too, maybe. Its hard to say, as I have never been a "normal" weight my entire adult life.

I am 5' 3 and started at 272 and am currently at 235. I have set 140 as my kind of higher goal but I would be even happier at 130 or so. I am excited to see how everyone does and to share our experiences and struggles.