Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wouldn't mind so much if......

I wouldn't mind a stall/gain so much if I'd cheated!

But, Halloween came and went without even a taste of candy, thanksgiving was nothing but plain turkey, not even a smidgen of potatoes or gravy or pie, Christmas? Not a single goodie! New Year's Eve, nada, I did not have cake on my own birthday! Nothing but Protein for super bowl Sunday!

My mother tries to get me to eat various fattening/carby things regularly, only to be met with a big, fat No!

I understand stalls and such, but for the love of Pete, where is that big drop?

I feel like I'd be in the very same place, had I tasted the candy, ate the pie, sampled cake and so on! I want to be rewarded for my good deeds! I'm a model patient!

I feel robbed.

Have a bite or two and take that reward u deserve it. You can't not have anything for the rest of your life! Sometimes its what the body needs for a kick start. All in moderation and special occasions and enjoy!!!

You are seeing the glass half empty. Try looking at is as what you might have gained instead of lost if you did cheat and partake of all those forbidden foods. You are fortifying your resolve to stay with the plan and eventually your habits and desires will change and you won't see passing on those foods as something you missed out on. By staying with it, you have more invested every day and are getting closer and closer to your goal. This is no time to slide back into old habits.

Edited by Recycled

I have been on a similiar path... lost 6oz when I weighed in today...nothing to "write home about".... but a small loss is better than ANY gain!!! That's how I look at it...as long as I am not gaining, I am doing well... think back on other programs you were on... did you follow the guidelines, how fast did you lose weight...not like this, I'm sure...now along with losing, we are learning the art of maintaining as well... every week that you don't go up, is a good week!!! You are doing well, do not get discouraged...just carry on!

Thanks for the support! I just can't have that 1cookie,because 1will lead to more! I don't find it that difficult to abstain, I just find it completely annoying that following the rules is not duly rewarded!

I'm just complaining. I DO realize that it happens all in good time!

You need to look back and reflect on how much weight you gained when you did have all those Snacks.

This year reward yourself with a treat of a new outfit, manicure or a facial. Change your mindset from not loosing to not gaining and count that as a reward. Also take out the measuring tape and see if your body changed and shrunk. Usually the Nsv are just as great to Celebrate as the LBs dropping. Embrace your new lifestyle, your doing great!!

You've lost 52 pounds. That is a huge drop. It is normal for our bodies to bounce around a little.

Yes. I suppose it is. I REALLY need to stop looking at what others have lost within the same time frame, because when I do, I feel discouraged.

There is a lot to be said about the psychology behind this stuff. I'm mad at the scale, the graph and the process (for seeming slow)! I want to fast forward!

Oh man, YES...do not compare yourself to others, that's dangerous...I'd be really discouraged if I did that...but like I said, I have been maintaining...and that's better than I have ever done before... I will not pass thru this year without going to Onderland...I have made that promise to myself!!!

Look, our stats are similar but our outlooks are a little different. I'm down 47 pounds (surgery 10/24) and I feel like it is AMAZING. I really don't care if someone who weighed more, or less, or the same is up or down by 10 pounds or 100 pounds, because this is MY weight loss, and I can't wear someone else's clothes or live in someone else's life. This is the only time in my life I have ever lost 47 pounds in 3 months and no one else's success can take that away from me. And I refuse to negate the hard work I have done by feeling bad that you have lost 52 pounds and I have *only* lost 47.

Yes, for me the scale goes back up slightly pretty much any time I have a loss. I have been knocking around the 192 point for a couple of weeks. Some days down, some days up. But I know that in another month regardless of (and BECAUSE of) what I did today, I will probably be weighing in somewhere in the 180s. Amazing!!!

So, let's make a deal that we will all suck it up, buttercup. We do not need to give in to the craziness that comes along with this surgery. It is ridiculous that any of us is upset by losing "only" anything. We're losing weight! Who's with me? AHHHHHHHHHH (think John Belushi leading the fraternity out in Animal House….)

Oh man, YES...do not compare yourself to others, that's dangerous...I'd be really discouraged if I did that...but like I said, I have been maintaining...and that's better than I have ever done before... I will not pass thru this year without going to Onderland...I have made that promise to myself!!!

Great outlook!! setting mini goals for yourself is the key to being happy and celebrating all you have done!!

Look, our stats are similar but our outlooks are a little different. I'm down 47 pounds (surgery 10/24) and I feel like it is AMAZING. I really don't care if someone who weighed more, or less, or the same is up or down by 10 pounds or 100 pounds, because this is MY weight loss, and I can't wear someone else's clothes or live in someone else's life. This is the only time in my life I have ever lost 47 pounds in 3 months and no one else's success can take that away from me. And I refuse to negate the hard work I have done by feeling bad that you have lost 52 pounds and I have *only* lost 47. Yes, for me the scale goes back up slightly pretty much any time I have a loss. I have been knocking around the 192 point for a couple of weeks. Some days down, some days up. But I know that in another month regardless of (and BECAUSE of) what I did today, I will probably be weighing in somewhere in the 180s. Amazing!!! So, let's make a deal that we will all suck it up, buttercup. We do not need to give in to the craziness that comes along with this surgery. It is ridiculous that any of us is upset by losing "only" anything. We're losing weight! Who's with me? AHHHHHHHHHH (think John Belushi leading the fraternity out in Animal House….)

I'm sorry, are you referencing a different post? At no point did I bemoan the fact that I've lost much weight. I was simply complaining about not having " cheated" and the fact that the scale is not budging.

Did I say I've "only" lost anything? Nope. I didn't.

I also don't think my post was "ridiculous".

I see you are using words like 'we' and 'us', but clearly you think you've risen above this type of need for support.

I can see, however skewed, that your intention may have been to just say ' stop comparing', and that you were confused about the original post. So, with that in mind, I will thank you.

I constantly am going up and down. Then I will drop. My body is still changing - and I'm over 14 months out.

I'm with you! I've lost right at 50 lbs since gastric sleeve on 10/22. I've had over a month go by without losing, too, but I expect that if I keep doing the right thing, I will get all the benefit possible, and I will focus on WHAT I'VE GAINED rather than what I haven't gotten out of this. For me, that's being able to go off all meds for type 2 diabetes; my blood sugars have even gone up 30 or 40 in the past month , which would be devastating if that is what I choose to focus on. It's just not helpful to focus on what is missing.