Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow 4 Feb in Australia. Looking for buddy :)

Hi there. I'm having my sleeve surgery tomorrow in Australia and would really appreciate a buddy/ mentor. Doesn't have to be an Aussie :) Nervous and excited for my new skinny Nd healthy life!!!

Hi there. I'm having my sleeve surgery tomorrow in Australia and would really appreciate a buddy/ mentor. Doesn't have to be an Aussie :) Nervous and excited for my new skinny Nd healthy life!!!

Hey nadia777 - me too. Love to have a buddy if you're keen? I'm in Brissie - surgery tomorrow. Where are you based.

Hi Soontobesleeved. Excellent! I'm in Canberra. Sorry for the delayed reply. I took myself to the movies to take my mind off tomorrow. What are your numbers including goal weight?

Hi Soontobesleeved. Excellent! I'm in Canberra. Sorry for the delayed reply. I took myself to the movies to take my mind off tomorrow. What are your numbers including goal weight?

Movies! That's a great idea! I've cleaned the house and mowed the lawn... Then fielded calls from everyone who is worried tonight!! I don't go in tomorrow til 330pm for surgery which is gonna be tough... (Gotta be at the hospital at 12). Ah well.... Hoping to lose 30-40 kgs post surgery over the next 12 months. I'm pretty tall so that puts me at the top of the healthy weight range. How about you? How you feeling tonight? I've still gotta pack my bag lol

Hi there.

I'm half packed and getting their slowly. I didn't want to pack until my 3 year old was in bed as he gets upset if he knows I'm going somewhere. I also have a 6 year old. Both boys. Do u have kids? I'm currently 130kg and hoping to get to 75 within 12 months. I'm 5"10. How about you?

I have to be at the hospital at 10 tomorrow and should be in surgery within the hour. I wish you all the best for tomorrow and look forward to touching base post op.

Take care

Nadia

Hey! I'm same height as you so we've similar goals! (I'm 117 currently.) No kids here - so I don't have that worry at least. Very close to my family tho but I've opted to not discuss in front of my niece (6- light of my life!). I'm gonna pack tomorrow...not sure how I'm gonna make thru the day to be honest!

Ps all the best for tomorrow!! Hope you manage sleep tonight, and your kids will be ok tomorrow! I'm honestly worried that ill have an awkward nervous teary at some point in front of the dr/surgical staff.... That and I'll be the human pin cushion while they try and find a vein!

Hi there. I hope your surgery went well. I went in earlier than scheduled at 10.30 yesterday. All went well. Not much pain thankfully. I only had about half an hour of shoulder pain but nothing unbearable. I've been walking around and sucking on ice chips. I hope you are feeling good and look forward to hearing from you :)

Hey Nadia I was last on the list so got back late to ward. Pretty bad pain til the pain pump kicked in and now super drowsy. No shoulder pain yet! Sipping Water very slowly.

Hey Nadia how are you feeling?? I reacted to the pain pump so had a right time til today but I managed teeny amount of Soup tonight and some tea so I feel like a winner!! Hoping to go home tomorrow! Learning lots about spacing out meds, liquids, and good lol. And lots of walking and napping! (Best thing I did was down load the audio book of Tina Fey Bossy pants!)

Hi there. You'll have to tell me your name. Im sorry you've had a rough few days but I'm glad you are doing better. Pain meds can knock you around.

I'm going home in the morning....yippee!!! I've been drinking tea, coffee, Soup and ensure. Boy I had a horrible headache this morning so when the Doctor came by and said I could have any liquids, I went and got a coffee and like magic my headache was gone with a few sips. I didn't really plan for the caffeine withdrawal very well :)

I hope you get home tomorrow too. I'm itching to get on the scales and start the countdown! Have you weighed yourself yet?

Hey Nadia - it's Caz! I'm home and doing soo much better! Still a bit sore in the tummy - and getting in Protein Shakes is hard but each day is easier than the last. How are you doing now you're home?

Hi Caz, I'm really good thanks. Can't really complain. I have had a bit of gas pain and some nausea since last night but hopefully that will pass. I've been pretty good with my liquids which is helpful in this hot weather.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Have you hopped on the scales yet? I was going to be good and only get on weekly but I couldn't wait and caved yesterday :) I've dropped 5kg since Tuesday. How is that possible. Maybe the stomach they took out weighed a few kilos :)

Looking forward to hearing how u r going.

Nadia :)

Oh bummer on the nausea. So far I've skipped that since leaving hospital. I haven't had any gas pains as such but feel bloated at times and pretty 'burpy' at others. I'm honestly finding eating the biggest challenge - so full so quick. And of course I've begin reading the forums and comparing myself to everyone else who seems to be sculling Water and shakes like no ones business. I find I'm better with warmer stuff so once I'm driving I think I might go get some of the tony ferguson Soups for more Protein.

Anyway - awkward personal question coming - but have you pooped since surgery? Sorry I know it's possible tmi but I haven't and I know I'm not really eating much but I'm starting to wonder if I should take something? Gonna try some apple purée today to see if that works for some fibre.

I laughed when you said you'd already been on the scales! I jokingly asked the Dr what size my stomach was that he removed because I was curious and trying to be a bit funny... I thought I'd wait for a week after surgery so maybe tomorrow ( I think I read somewhere that someone put on weight and I'd be devo'd for that to be me!)

Hey Nadia - just checking in to see how you're doing? So far so good here! Only one instance where I've eaten too quickly/too much and been in some pain! I've been walking and had my first decent day out today with a friends 2rd old running around and survived!! (Just one wound feels a little sore!). Had my first post op nutritionist visit on Friday - was interesting..