Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Timothy Duckett

MBoulis,

Please disregard my questions about fill costs! I just re-read one of your earlier posts where you already answered the question. Sorry! :-)

-Lisa

That's interesting about the Gas-X. It just shows that everyone's body is different, and reminds me to keep an open mind about everything!

Do you remember how long you felt bloated after the surgery? It's day 10 for me, and it's much better, but the top part of my belly still looks pregnant!

Also, MBoulis, do you remember how long you had to drink so slowly after surgery? Every day I'm having a harder time making myself do the 1/2 cup in a half hour. I tried to call Jolynn this morning, but she won't be back in the office till next week.

I've been thinking about your $$ from the dr. office . . . Maybe you could just give a quick call and ask them to check their records, that you think you never rec'd the refund check. If you could get the money you have coming to you from that office, you might be able to get your fill sooner?

Also, I wondered if the fills from Dr. C are close to the same cost as the fills from D&O. Jolynn said they are around $150. Does that seem about right to you? Apparantly, my insurance company (Medical Mutual) is a real pain to get fills approved. This shouldn't be a surprise to me since I've waited almost 2 years for the band!

Thanks again for all your info!

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I was quoted that $150 too but the first one is a killer. Dr C charges $300 for the first with fluro....the ones with D&O have ranged from $650-$1200 because St Lukes charges by the amount of time you use the room, also. They told me that and I argued about it. lol

Bloated....it was about a week or so, I think. I had shoulder pains for close to two weeks.

I don't remember for sure how long it took before I could drink alot---actually, I don't really remember having problems drinking. Maybe they put it on you tightened?

I know that I couldn't eat more than a 1/4 cup of food at one sitting for about 2-3 weeks. 1/4 cup of pudding and I was so stuffed. :D

You have a good Memorial Day weekend too! We are going to Cleveland to see the Princess Diana exhibit. :clap2:

Hey girl,

How ya doing? Good I hope. I had a GREAT Memorial day weekend. We went down to my son and daughter-in-laws for my granddaughter's first birthday. It was awesome. I love it when I get to spend any time with my little princess jelly bean (my nickname for her).

Hope your weekend was good.

Type to ya later,

Jackie:D

Hi Jackie! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I think I haven't been getting alerts via email when there's a post. I've been thinking about you and I bet you can hardly believe your surgery is in 2 DAYS! It has to be a big help having your husband go through the same thing. I'm doing great, some days I'm really tired after work, but that's not really any different than I was before the surgery! I've been doing pretty well on my treadmill, and today I did the Richard Simmons disco aerobics tape. So, I'm definitely increasing my exercise tolerance. What time are you and your husband's surgeries? Do you have someone who will stay with you two for the first couple days or at least check in on you?

Remember, if you're feeling really crappy in the beginning, it should only last for the first 2-3 days. It was like someone flipped a switch that third day. Unbelievable. Also, some people have said that Gas-X did help them, so I think you two should at least give it a try! Do you have some Protein powder lined up? I'd be curious as to which brand you chose and how you like it. I'll be thinking & praying for you on Monday.

Take care, it will be over soon!

-Lisa

Hi again Jackie!

I just noticed that you have lost almost 16 lbs. That's WONDERFUL!!!!

I'm kind of stuck at 20-22 lbs, but I'm hoping that has to do with the exercise and muscle vs. fat thing. I know I'm doing ok with calories and Protein.

Oh, I found that Ambien helped me after the first couple of nights so I could get a full 8 hrs sleep, this was hard for me because I'm used to rolling around all night. You won't be able to do that for a little while. I think the Ambien also overrides the gas discomfort while sleeping.

OK, I'm really done this time! Hope you're "enjoying" your liquids . . . don't forget ice cream is a liquid, too!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the support. I really need it right now. I dreamed this morning about my surgery, or I should say the time just before my surgery. All kinds of things were going wrong. I hope that's not a sign of what's to come. I wasn't too nervous till I had that stupid dream. I've just got to stay positive. It's probably a result of those wonderful liquids we've been on.....:)

My husband and I weighed ourselves yesterday morning and he's lost 27 pounds and I've lost 26.8 pounds. Do they weigh you at the hospital before surgery? A lot of people on here have said they don't, so I just wondered. We're going to weigh ourselves at home before we go to the hospital just in case they don't.

Today we're going to go get last minute things that we need. We're also picking up some movies and I have a good book to read so I guess we're as ready as ready can be.

Thanks for the tips on the Ambien and Gas-X. We have the Gas-X, but I'll check on the Ambien. That's by prescription isn't it?

I have been having a little ice cream at night, but not for the last 2 nights. I'm trying to find some Soups that are good to eat. Someone on here suggested these "Imagine" brand Soups, and they're really yucky!!! At least the two we've had so far. I hope the other three I bought are better than the others.:biggrin1:

We can call my mom if we need anything and I ran into my cousin (who is a nurse) last week and she also said if we need anything, just call her. So I think we're good on that also. Now, if my dogs just cooperate :dog:

We should be home sometime in the afternoon on Tuesday so I'll try to type a short note when we get home.

See you on the other side in BandLand!!!!

Jackie:)

Hi Jackie! It's 10:30 pm Sunday, you're probably in bed already dreaming about your big day tomorrow. I'm sorry you had the problematic dreams . . . I did alot of dreaming prior to my surgery too. Most of them were about being late, going to the wrong place, and having to be rescheduled or refused. Nothing like that happened to me (in real life)! I'm sure it is just our anxiety/ fear of unknown coming through in our dreams. Everything has to be OK for both of you. I've heard of so very FEW complications with this surgery.

I recently talked to a dr. in Fremont who has a patient of D&O who had the lap band a few years ago. The woman has lost between 100 and 200 pounds and has been very happy with the surgery. She was one of the early patients and had to have some type of correction with a blockage, but she still is extremely happy with her experience, it sounds like.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you're feeling up to e-mailing again!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to type a few lines to let you know I'm back home. My husband is doing wonderfully-the turkey-he's only having pain around his port incision. He was up and walking around the night of the surgery. I had some kind of reaction to the fenergan (sp?) they gave me so I was really out of it until about 2 this morning. It was a very trying time with a few little bumps in the road (at the hospital), will type to you later when I'm feeling better. I'm feeling a lot better today, but the gas-OH MY GOD-MY GREATEST FEAR COME TRUE!!!! I've been using the heating pad and walking, that has helped a lot.

Well, think I'm off to take a nap, this med is making me tired.

Jackie

Hi Jackie! I'm glad you're home and banded! I think the worst of your gas pain should be over, if you're like me. After the third day it was better. Today is day 3, right? I hope since your husband is feeling good he's able to take good care of you. I wonder if that has anything to do with men typically being larger than us, and having more space for that gas to move around?? I could still feel some mild discomfort into the 2nd week. I'm sorry I didn't reply right away, but again I didn't get the notice from e-mail that you had posted . . . I was just thinking about you so I decided to check the website and found your post.

I really think the worst is behind you!! This is my 4th week, and I started doing abdomen crunches last week, with no pain at all! You'll be amazed at how quickly the pain goes away. I did feel a little extra tired during those 1st few weeks. Hang in there!!

-Lisa

I have wondered how the two of you (Lisa and Jackie) were doing. Sounds like things are coming along!! You'll do great!

Hi Jackie!

How are things going for you and your husband?

I am due to have my first fill Monday 7/16. I'm a little nervous because I've read stories about people getting tighter after they leave the doc's office . . . I definitely need the fill, though, because I'm able to eat anything and too much without any discomfort. I'm doing well exercising but my food choices are slipping back to the old way. I am happy that I've lost around 30 lbs. now, but since my appetite & food volume have gone up I am at a standstill.

Take care,

Lisa

I had Surgery with Dr. Duckett on Oct. 19 and have had no problems so far.

I had my surgery with Dr. Duckett on January 26, 2010 w/no problems to date.

I would love to chat with people from the toledo area about their experiences and such.

I'm looking for support.:(

Hi Mrs. Mario! I was banded on Oct. 19, 2009 by Dr. Duckett. I too am looking for a support group outside of the internet. I just found out that my Lapband or port has a leak. So I'm a little discouraged.