Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Zone or too tight?

Last Monday (1/20/14), I had my lapband tightened. Dr added .5ccs. I went from 5.5/10ccs to 6/10ccs. Before this fill I could eat almost a whole small plate of food for dinner (1 chicken breast and 1 cup of vegetables). Since my fill, I eat 4-5oz of chicken/fish and I AM FULL. FULL to the point where I have to walk around because it almost feels stuck. I can't even eat vegetables with my dinner anymore because there is no room.

Have I been losing weight? Why, yes. I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days.

Is this the "green zone" or am I too tight? Should I be able to eat vegetables with my dinner or is this 1/2 c of food/4 oz of Protein it for me?

I only ask because it is slightly frustrating. I want to eat to a little more, but I just can't.

I'd wait this out...the fill may not have settled in yet. Post-fill I'm always quite restricted and I can never assess the true nature of a fill for a couple of weeks.

I had been at 6.5 with my last fill and it was def. too tight. (I could not have eaten what you just described eating.) I waited two weeks and it still did not allow me to eat most solids, so I got .5 taken out. 6.0 is my sweet spot right now; I've got good, lasting fullness on the right amount of Protein and vegetables.

Speaking for myself and a few other forum members over the years I must admit that this stage was a difficult stage/phase for me. Learning to eat very slowly, chew food to a mush and eat very small bites was one of the most difficult for me to tackle. Even this morning I had a short stuck episode due to eating too fast.

One way to see if you're too tight is to open a can of progresso lentil Soup or Tomato or any Soup that is thick with few chunks. These are usually about 14 ozs. Can you eat more than 8 ozs without getting stuck or full? If you get stuck or full/satisfied on just 4-8 ozs, you may be a little too tight?

Paris is right. Let your fill settle in before doing anything rash. Also, you're new to this and are you looking for those signals that you've eaten enough? You say you're full but want to eat more. Those are contrarian comments for bandster's. Are you full or is your body saying it's satisfied with the amount eaten? Satiety is the goal but it's a different feeling for each of us.

tmf

Edited by 2muchfun

I agree with 2muchfun. I would even suggest only eating 3 oz of meat rather than 4-5 especially if you wish to eat veggies. Good luck and be careful.

I agree with the others, eat less Protein and add your vegies. You may have to wait a bit for the band to settle in too. You should be ok..If you were too tight you would know it and would not have to ask. I eat about 2-3 ozs of Protein if I am going to eat any vegies. If only protein I can eat 3-4 ozs. Good luck..

First, I'd like to know...why would you like to eat more? Just curious...

Since being banded...I have never felt "Full" as many here describe they have.....

I have been in the green zone for 2-1/2 years now...

I do not measure portions, or count calories...but I know if I did they would be spot on....

For me...I will sit down to eat...and there will come a point that I simply cannot continue...have no interest in continuing, not at all hungry, fully satisfied...NEVER FULL....this to me is one of the attributes of the Green Zone...my portions are set by the band, not me....

I have learned to "Flow" with the band, letting it control my hunger, how much I eat, what I eat, and when.

I eat when I'm hungry, or know I should eat because I am very seldom experience hunger...., and I stop when the band says stop, not forcing the issue.......since my portions are set automatically by the band, I make the best food choices I can...always starting with the Protein first knowing if I start with anything else, I may not get to the protein...

I made this mistake in restaurants, ordering an appetizer then not being able to continue with my meal....

Again, I do not measure portions, nor do I worry about daily calories....

Because of everything above...one day is no different than the other...it does not matter if it's a holiday, I'm at a party, vacation, whatever...the band is consistent one day to the next....

I have not been stuck in I don't know how long....do not crush my meds/vitamins, drink carbonated beverages (carefully) and do many other things...so I do not consider my band to be tight....actually I feel it is in "Harmony" with my everyday life style.

Edited by B-52

You sound spretty "green" to me. I agree, why woul dyou wan to eat more? SOunds like you are eating just about enough. Are you able to go 3-4 hours withput thinking of food? If so, you are probably green. Take care to make sure that you are getting enough to drink too. Karen..aka.kll724

My doctor just reminded me with my last fill...only 3 oz of Protein and 1 oz of veggies or whatever I choose but by weight not volume. Are you weighing your meals?

I am in the same place you are. I can't eat more than 4 oz. at the moment so I have to choose my meals carefully.

We are just so used to eating more and I still WANT to eat more sometimes but don't NEED to. It's not because we are hungry that we want to eat more. At least for me anyway...

NewMeDebbie you nailed it on the head!

I am not used to eating half a chicken breast for dinner.

I was bad tonight and splurged! I went to Taco Bell with the boyfriend...had a mexican pizza!! It went down very nicely! ate 3/4s of it with no problem. Wish I would have taken it home 1st and weighed it so I knew how much I took in because it wasn't difficult at all. I did stop at 3 pieces though to be careful...

What a treat and I'm not even going to fret over that or the 1 cinnabon delight either (65 calories for 1 - what the heck!) that I ate out of his order of 4.

I did my exercise and all my Water - I deserve this little treat...hehe

I have this issue too. I've been in the green zone for almost 2 months and I still have to fight with my brain that it's OK to not eat all the food. Some days are better than others; sometimes I can only eat 2 or 3 bites of my meal and I'm done. I've finally accepted the fact that having lap band is always going to have a learning curve, and that as my body changes, my needs with the lap band will change too.