Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on week 2. Everytime I see a food commercial or someone eating I get this rage inside of me and want to strangle someone! Lol anybody else feel this way?

I'm 8 weeks out and I felt like that initially~ I was sleeved the day before Thanksgiving......What a cruel joke for this fat girl! It was super hard for me over the holidays but it probably would have been hard regardless of when it was. I was MAD at the world.... I knew it was my choice to opt for the surgery but it just didn't seem fair that my DOG is able to eat more than I do!! The anger passed.... I think a lot of it was surge in hormones and loss of my best friend, food. You are feeling completely normal, although it probably doesn't feel like it.

If you want to feel better, go to a restaurant. Count the number of obese people overeating. You will begin to feel the power you now hold! :)

OMG when I was on the liquid diet the week before surgery my mom emailed me that there was a great book i needed to read called "Fish and Grits". Even though it had nothing to do with food (it's about a poor family in NYC in the early 80s) i avoided it for a couple days because the title made me hungry! I don't even like fish and grits together, but just seeing the title and the fish on the cover made my mouth Water.

I remember a scene where the protagonist went to the market and mentioned walking past chips and my stomach was like "gurgle gurgle". In another scene there was a fight in front of the grocery store and someone threw a glass jar of jelly which broke and i was like "mmm..."

I actually cried all the way home on Day Three because on my way out a clothing store, i passed a chinese food restaurant and a liquor store with tons of Snacks in the window and my stomach was like "PLEASE FEED ME! NO MORE OF THOSE Protein SHAKES!"

Needless to say I'm glad it's over.

PS: i started obsessively pinning food recipes, reading about paleo and other sleeve friendly diets and planning and replanning my first meal.

Edited by Comfy_Blue

I felt that way when I was only on shakes. Once I could eat soft foods it was better and then as I had more "normal" foods that feeling was gone. Now when I go out to eat dinner with the wife and friends I don't eat quickly or I'm done when they are just finishing their appetizer. I don't mind that I can't eat as much as anyone at the table but I try not to eat quickly so I can "fit in" socially.

I just mute the food commercials of fast forward through them. They dont bother me so much with out the jingle that goes along with them ;)