Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

SORRY TO EVERYONE FOR THE CONFUSION.

CUT A LONG STORY SHORT WE ARE BACK TO HAVING IT IN SANDYFORD.

PLEASE DONT THINK I AM ENJOYING CONFUSING YOU ALL COS I'M NOT I JUST WANT TO SUIT EVERYONE.

MEETING: BEWELYS HOTEL IN SANDYFORD @ 11AM

THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHANGES HOPE EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT.....

Hi Dini,

Yeah sandyford is grand, thanks for the comment on the bebo pics.

Coco,

I totally agree you should be able to get the band tightened sooner. I had my first fill nearly three months after surgery and won't be getting the next one for another 6 weeks. I'm trying really hard at the mo to loose the weight and feel like the weight is coming off slowly cause of me and not the band.

Hi All,

Just heard some sad news today that the wonderful Dr. Jerome Manacue won't be back to work in ACS anymore.:phanvan:phanvan I had heard that he was out sick and would be back mid October but thats changed now and ACS have a new surgeon. He will have to be very good to fill the shoes of Jerome. Mind you at 72yrs old we shouldn't be surprised that Jerome has retired. He certainly deserves the rest. I'm sure he doesn't read this site but I will post an email wishing him well on his own web site.

Anyway, hope you are all having a wonderful week, wishing you all comfortable restriction and plenty of weight loss. :):D

Hi all - Hope the meeting was great and that it was good to meet everyone in person. Had some family stuff to do here in Limerick and couldn't manage both unfortunately. I was raging because I wanted so badly to be there but hopefully the next time I will make it.

I was sorry to hear Jerome won't be back and gobsmacked to hear he is 72 years old! Hope I am that youthful when I am the same age. Thought he was mid to late 50's at most.

Hope the new surgeon is fill friendly and personable.....Jerome seemed to have a great understanding of obesity as a disease rather than as a personal failing in life.

Kermit

i was at acs today having unfill (im having band baby)

felt really hungry b4 i went in and when i had lunch after i felt that i had less restriction but this evening not that much different so i think it pyschological .but he took 4 mls out so i guess more will be going in so i have to make sure only good stuff goes in .

yan the new guy is adorable quite yummy really and i will be very happy bunny to have to see him again ,he got very lovely way about him and i doubt anyone could find reason to complain his english perfect (i found jerome lovely but hard to converse with )yan definately gets big thumbs up from me !!!

Hey guys quick update from me. Went to the meeting on Saturday great to talk to other people about the band. I have my sister in law Terry who also had the band done she was there too. Had a good laff and shared some experiences which gave me a boost, which was what I needed.

I had my second fill on Friday evening and I think i can feel it. Coz ive never really felt restriction before the feeling now is weird. I thought i had restriction before this but I dont think so judging by what i can eat before and after. Finally i can see some progress only slighlty though, but im still early days yet.

I dont feel to well at the mo, and im not sure if its the band. I am very very bloated. I had to leave work early yesterday it was so uncomfortable. I thought my belly looked about 6 months pg. I think I may have a little bug too.

Enough about me how is everybody else, Dini, Twinkletoes, Kermit?

Hi alesha , doing ok at the moment . realy trying to watch what goes in the mouth. Its so hard with all that temtation around . take it easy and relax. keep focoused , you will get there......... Hope to see a lot less of you soon !!!!!!!! i I say that in the best possible taste......................

Jebus, half a grapefruit this morning and i was full:whoo:!!! Yay progress at last.

Have to go, talk later

Reassuring that the new surgeon is easy to talk to. Is he young?what nationality? if you have an emergency(pain)what happens?where are you advised to go?I presume surgeon only flies in and out as needed?

Off to Majorca in the morning-looking forward to it but wish I was 8 stone lighter-am worried in case seatbelt on plane wont fit....I really have to make a decision about this banding biz.I have given myself til Christmas to decide whether to go for it or not.You guys are a real inspiration,thanks for sharing your stories.x:clap2:

Hi all - Hope the meeting was great and that it was good to meet everyone in person. Had some family stuff to do here in Limerick and couldn't manage both unfortunately. I was raging because I wanted so badly to be there but hopefully the next time I will make it.

I was sorry to hear Jerome won't be back and gobsmacked to hear he is 72 years old! Hope I am that youthful when I am the same age. Thought he was mid to late 50's at most.

Hope the new surgeon is fill friendly and personable.....Jerome seemed to have a great understanding of obesity as a disease rather than as a personal failing in life.

Kermit

Hi Kermit,

You are quite right about Jerome having a great understanding of obesity. We could do with more medical people understanding it as a disease. Obesity should be treated in a similar vein to anorexia, bulimia and alcoholism you don't hear of these people being told to just eat healthy, or to stay out of pubs. They get support and help and understanding when they finally ask for help.

I have heard that there are two doctors who are dealing with WLS in ACS so lets hope that more drs means shorter waiting times for appointments. I would hope that these doctors will be in Dublin all of the time or at least one or other should be. Jerome split his time between Paris and Dublin so we only had him here every other week.

Hope you all are doing well and I wish you all comfortable restriction and lots of weight loss.

As ever........

Hi there, I haven't checked in with the site for a while so I didn't realise people were meeting up, pity, that would have been interesting. I am gutted that Jerome is gone. I didn't find the new doctor at all friendly, in fact I thought he was in a bit of a rush, as I was having a second consultation, having seen Jerome before I went on holiday back in August. I guess its no big deal - after all, he's not gonna be my mate, just my surgeon! But I just felt that Jerome was much more personable... ah well, hope he's okay. I am due to be banded next week, Saturday 13th October. Gulp! Apprehensive but also looking forward to the changes it will bring... Anyone else getting banded on that day?

Hopefully I will make it along when next you all meet up!:)