Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op bariatric information class today, received a lot of information on diet and what to eat through each week. Once I am on solid food, about week 4 I will be on only Protein until I lose 75% of my goal weight. All the Vitamins and supplement information all spelled out, quite impressed with the paperwork provided. Having a hard time sticking to the Protein Shakes which is discouraging since I only have 10 days till surgery. Every morning I swear I will stick to it, then by night I roam the kitchen. Just like every other diet I have been on. I know this is a learned behavior, need to unlearn it quick! Maybe I should start sucking my thumb just to have something in my mouth. Like the dietician said, the surgery is the easy part, we still have to watch and plan everything we eat for the rest of our lives.

Please try diet v8 splash w/ 1scoop of plain Protein Powder into a 20oz bottle if having issues w/protein shakes &still get proper protein intake. Its comes in two flavors I like tropical blend.

Welcome Shirlann and thanks for your input, I'm thrilled everything worked out for you in a positive way, helps us all with the confidence to go forward.

Welcome Countrygirl to the golden agers.

Birthsjourney and Lillyannah , welcome to our group, can I ask you to tell us where you are located? Birthsjourney you've made our day with your wonderful enthusiasm. Lillyannah you are going to enjoy all the support you'll receive from this group.

My name is Dyan and I live near Toledo, Ohio ... May all of you pre op peeps find your journey as exciting and wonderful as I am having! I can cross my legs when sitting .. Little things like this just happen and all of a sudden you realize it and want to just yell it out to everyone!! Lol ... I love Isopure melon apple Protein drinks.. Not crazy about the creamy kind! 40grams of protein and 20 ozs of fluids in one drink! Took all day to drink at first but just do the best u can.. It gets better each week! Promise...

Birthsjourney and Lillyannah , welcome to our group, can I ask you to tell us where you are located? Birthsjourney you've made our day with your wonderful enthusiasm. Lillyannah you are going to enjoy all the support you'll receive from this group.

Im from Philadelphia n waiting on a date

Hi ladies, I lost my marbles yesterday...went to the grocery store yesterday... This is after really watching my fat and sugar intake for the last 6 weeks since my hip replacement. Well when I was checking out I had, ice cream. Cookies, a candy bar, grape juice and bread

.....there were other sensible things too.I won't be having surgery until March because I have to wait for 8 weeks!!! I'm so sick today and really mad at my self.....however it does wake me up to the fact I have a serious sugar issue.

Need to know if any of you have these issues while waiting for surgery,

Thanks,

Linda

Hi!congrats im so excited for u..i know it feels good to be able to live again knowing that from now on your be more healthy. ..i cant wait till i get approved n a date.

I hope you get an approval date very soon. This is a life changing journey you are on. Enjoy it to the fullest!

Welcome Shirlann and thanks for your input, I'm thrilled everything worked out for you in a positive way, helps us all with the confidence to go forward.

Thank you! I have enjoyed this forum. Before I had surgery, I thought I was too old! Not so! I am feeling better now than I have in 20 years! Being off most of the meds I was taking for diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol is wonderful!

Hi all, have not heard from anyone since jan 26, anybody out there? Linda

Hi Linda, I've reading up on all the post on what to expect before and after surgery, I see my Dr. Next week and concerned because my primary hasn't signed the o.k. Yet I f I have to find another primary that's going to set me back. Also I'm from Wisconsin and really have an issue with the cold. What have you been up to? I try to read the articles from the weight loss magazine, they give me a lot of insight. I don't know where everyone else is up to but it would be great to hear from them. Stay safe, be happy, live long, Mary

Hi all, have not heard from anyone since jan 26, anybody out there? Linda

I'm still here! Been reading a lot of posts. Sure can learn a lot on here! Hope you are doing well. We've been snowed in 2 days here in Mississippi. We just aren't equipped for snow here in the South. Stay safe everyone!

I'm still here! Been reading a lot of posts. Sure can learn a lot on here! Hope you are doing well. We've been snowed in 2 days here in Mississippi. We just aren't equipped for snow here in the South. Stay safe everyone!

Im in Tennessee &know the feeling

I know it helps to read,read read, but sometimes I just sit there and worry about having the surgery because a lot of the stories are not too positive! Yikes....and then I think to my self...stop I don't want to just stay the same and not loose the weight. I got on the plane and almost had to get a seat extension!!!!!! Got my thought back in order real fast!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Linda

Hi Everyone, did anyone find a way to get liquid vitamins? Was it easy to get your meds in liquid form or did you just crush them. I'd be interested to know how you handled this. Also I'm starting a rebellion against winter ( all our southern friends can stop reading) , so anyone that is sick of winter find a ground hog and cover his or her head! Then we have no worry ,can't see his shadow if his head is covered. Stay safe, be happy, live long