Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many people took their husband with them?

I took my husband with me to the seminar, and I am taking him to the first PCP appointment for the supervised diet plant. He will be in class for the first consultation with the surgeon, but to me that's not a big deal. He is very supportive of the decision to pursue weight loss surgery and he will do whatever I need him to do, according to him. I feel lucky to have him on my side, even though I had to argue the sleeve vs the band issue to him... he was sold on the lap band, and I didn't want the lap band at all!

From prior experience with c-sections I realized I'd rather have my husband home with me off from work when I was released from the hospital. When I was in the hospital help was just a push button away but at home with the kids off to school that is when I might need help running to the drug store or grocery store or driving me (not allowed to drive for awhile) or helping me in or out of the shower. So he visited with the kids after work and took off a few days when I got home to help.

Mine was with me..I had told him beforehand that he was to be the responsible adult for me post op. (All narcotics and anesthesia make me very violently ill.) So he stayed until I told him to go pick up our kids from grandmas house.

Hi my husband will be staying with me in the hospital, I could not imagine doing this without him, he's my rock .

I don't have a husband :(

Actually, I stayed with my sister after hers and told her she could just drop me off at the door for mine. Her recovery was so easy. Either she or one of my aunts will stay with me, I'm sure. They got pissy when I told em to just drop me off. Lol

The only time my hubby was not with me was in the operating room and my seminar...the rest of the time he has been there through it all..Every step of the way...I feel like it has been his journey as well and he needs to see the work that goes into it...he has watched and laughed and cried with me through this entire ride....

I would not have had it any other way!!!! :)

RJ you hubby is amazing, you should marry that guy!! ;)

Does a wife qualify?

Having her there was extremely helpful. If not your spouse, be sure it is someone who is OK seeing you at your worst. Also, throw any modesty you have out the door.

In all honesty, this was an event which brought us even closer as this is just one of the basic principals of "For better and for worse". To me, it is a measuring stick of not only your current relationship, but of where it is going. If you are not comfortable sharing this with them, then what else are you not comfortable sharing? What does that say about your marriage?

Sure it does!! This is so touching to know you had your loving support with ya through the good the bad and the hospital gowns too.

The only time my hubby was not with me was in the operating room and my seminar...the rest of the time he has been there through it all..Every step of the way...I feel like it has been his journey as well and he needs to see the work that goes into it...he has watched and laughed and cried with me through this entire ride....

I would not have had it any other way!!!! :)

RJ you hubby is amazing, you should marry that guy!! ;)

That's what my father said 7 years ago...I was already married for 29 to him..of course he had a brain tumor and had no idea that he said that...We did chuckle to ourselves when he said it though!!!!!!!!

My husband went through all of it with me. He went to the seminar, then was there for the surgery, and took care of me when I got home. Took me to post op appointments, and and support groups. My parents were also present for surgery, and my older teenage/young adult kids were there that evening. My daughter stayed with me through the first night, though, and I really needed her. I am very blessed to have such a great support system!

Jhealan- You are very lucky to have your hubby be by your side through out your journey!

Teachamy- Wow a hubby that takes care of all your kiddos and gives you peace now that is a Wonderful Man!!

MissMac- Yes you have found the perfect Gentleman and friend that is a priceless gift to have in a friend.

Magtart- You hubby was with you in spirit and your loving son was, so woot woot!

McButterpants- Life couldnt be better when you have a hubby that walks besides you and listen for you too.

Jess9395- It takes a smart women to know what she wants and wise women who ask for it and then receives the support at

at the perfect time.

Superfatty- Girl you crack me up.. Sister and family love is all good.

Katesuccess- You just know sometimes to love you have and what you can deal with while your healing. I think pain

killers sometimes can lead to saying things ya just shouldnt. So your one smart cookie!!

Carlotta1- Your lucky to have family support.

SweetJam69- I understand your thoughts 2 1/2 hours away it is smart to have peace and love all around you.

RJ- Your hubby is a remarkable Man in every sense of the word!! Lots of love there girlie!!

To everyone who responded Thank you all so much, there is so much love out there for us all to do well and this just proves we are all taking the right steps for our health so we can enjoy every day to laugh and love those around us!!

Edited by BellaHugz

Not married, but my SO and I have been together for nearly 8 years so basically haha. He'll be there during the surgery and for right after, but even though they said he can spend the night I think I'll be fine by myself. Our dog would miss him more :P

Brought Mr.Sophiepants. :) Although I had him in a hotel across the street.(No reason for both of us to not get any sleep) He was there to walk with me and so much more. I was so happy I brought him along.

I had a similar thing with my partner. Before our first seminar he was all kinds of gung ho about bypass. After 2 seminars and discussions together, he realized why I wanted the sleeve and got 110% on board with it. Having that comeplete support is the most helpful thing in this process.This expierence would be completely different without him. He is also going to be there for surgery, I'm not sure If I will make him stay the night, during my gallbladder surgery he was there, but the sleeping situation was HORRIBLE. I don't want to put him through that again unless I get irrationally scared.

I took my husband with me to the seminar, and I am taking him to the first PCP appointment for the supervised diet plant. He will be in class for the first consultation with the surgeon, but to me that's not a big deal. He is very supportive of the decision to pursue weight loss surgery and he will do whatever I need him to do, according to him. I feel lucky to have him on my side, even though I had to argue the sleeve vs the band issue to him... he was sold on the lap band, and I didn't want the lap band at all!

Well I am glad to say I will be taking my hubby to the pre-surgery meeting with my Dr and then he will be by my side for the few days for my surgery this Friday! He is my rock and brings me this peace that words and the push to get me going when i need it. Funny my surgery is on our 22 yr anniversary of our 1st date.

My hubbie came to seminars ahead of time since he does half the cooking, and then he came to hospital at 6AM and stayed through the operative day until after 10. A lot of the time he just read, letting me doze. He could have stayed overnight but I really did want him to go home so he could sleep. He was back the next day and again stayed until 10. I was glad he was there when I had a bad drug reaction - otherwise I would have been alone and unable to call the nurse. He was a big emotional comfort, and I really feel that even though he's naturally BMI 23, he's my partner in this. I am lucky.