Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We did a trial separation last year for three months. Month one and two I was miserable, but month three I noticed how much more energy I had, how I had more patience with my kids. But he got caught smoking pot in his parents house and they threw him out. He had no where else to go so I took him back.

The crazy part about it was it was the total opposite for him. He was soooo happy month one and two. I would call begging for him to come home and he would say no. We need this break. After he got caught smoking pot in his parents house he had to come home even though we weren't ready

He told me last night that he picks us over pot. I was overall happy w the answer but I was still cold towards him. I guess bc I don't believe him

Well bc I was cold it started a huge fight. I appreciate everyone's support on here. The next step is going to be very difficult

So life post divorce. What do you see? You lose a lot of control over your son's exposure/experiences. This is the hard part, IMHO. The things you fight about magnify and you no longer have any say. What happens at his house is his business. Just stuff to think about. It's been a blessing in your first marriage. Just gotta have a plan....

So I figured I would give an update

My husband moved out 3 weeks ago. I'm so San bc of it. I feel like a failure. I know I cannot fully blame myself but if I didn't talk to him like shit maybe this would never of happened

I'm doing what I need to do. I would love to take some time apart so we can both work on ourselves, but he says we are never getting back together. Our relationship was volatile but maybe w some space we can fix this.

My son wants daddy home. My daughter can care less. I just wish life was easier than this. I'm going to keep working on me, hopefully he can work on him and maybe one day if he is sober we can make this work

I wish I didn't love him so much =(

Some times it’s the hardest thing to do and let go of someone you love so much.

But if its not right and not working and no respect for you and the family unit then it has to be done.

Sometimes we hope people will grow up given time we hope and pray every day they will some just don’t.

A friend of mine to divorced last year her husband was cheating on her said he never wanted there second baby and he didn’t want to be tied down any more.

Left her and the 2 kids youngest being 4 months old.

He immediately went public on his new girlfriend who has a child.

He now plays daddy to that kid could care less about his own but hes still a immature child his parents pay his bills and he is almost 30 years old.

Some people just don’t grow up.

We can’t fix everyone and again as painful as that might be you do have your own life and the welfare of your kids to consider.

If you do get back together I personally wouldn’t allow him to move back in for a year on condition he has a job the same job throughout and if he does choose to do things recreationally it doesn’t become a problem.

You need and deserve an equal partner not another child to take care of.

good luck

So I figured I would give an update

My husband moved out 3 weeks ago. I'm so San bc of it. I feel like a failure. I know I cannot fully blame myself but if I didn't talk to him like **** maybe this would never of happened

I'm doing what I need to do. I would love to take some time apart so we can both work on ourselves, but he says we are never getting back together. Our relationship was volatile but maybe w some space we can fix this.

My son wants daddy home. My daughter can care less. I just wish life was easier than this. I'm going to keep working on me, hopefully he can work on him and maybe one day if he is sober we can make this work

I wish I didn't love him so much =(

Glad to hear he moved out. Now is the time to get some addiction or co-addiction counseling for yourself and for the kids as well. I know it is a finacial burden but there are meetings out there that are supportive and will help you and your kids to see the truth.

Also please know that you were in many ways a single parent in that relationship. While being a parent to him in a lot of ways. He was enabled to get all that he wanted and yet you had to work so hard to keep it all together. Now is the time to reflect on what will make your home safe and peacful again for your family. Take the time to be selfish and work on what you need to work on to make you stronger and happy once again.

Addiction is hard life to live and even harder to be around it has an undercurrent that no one else really knows unless you have lived it.

My cousin had a boyfriend who addicted to heroin and it had and still has a scar on their lives. She had to first admit she enable her bf then admit she too needed to break the chains of addiction in her life. I think she found help with al onon meetings in her area. They ave 2 children together and she has made a new life for herself and her children, they see and interact with their dad and as children they know they have to be the adult in his life, so sad. But true, kids are resilint and smarter then most think.

Praying for you and your children too!

Living with addiction is hard, I kept trying to fix things only to realize I could only control myself. I hated who I had become, I let myself become consumed with his alcoholism and lost myself completely. This was the beginning of my weight gain, the more out control his drinking became the bigger I got.

Use this time apart to get clarity, who are you, who is he, do you value the same things, you'll rediscover yourself. When you are clear about yourself you won't get sucked into his drama, its his not yours, your yelling and name calling keeps you stuck in his game. Who knows what time apart will give him, just know your boundaries and limits so that if you do reconcile the rules are clear.

I divorced and my ex died from his alcoholism.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches