Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

I thought I'd move us over to this side where we can share stories, weight loss, concerns and just be generally supportive! So, I'm 4 days post-op and feeling really good. I was really sick post-op days 1&2 due to intestinal swelling and barium sitting in my pouch (relatively uncommon complication) but once I finally got rid the barium, things changed dramatically. Very little pain. I can lay flat on my side with a flat pillow supporting my stomach. Went for a 20 minute slow walk with my 6-year old today. No problem with Protein Shakes or broth. No nausea at all. I know many of our pre-oppers are nervous about life post-op so I wanted to encourage you! How's everyone else feeling?

I am 4 days post op. Got home yesterday. Doc keeps his peeps on clear liquid for 2 wks. I had broth for lunch and juice after. I don't think I can do 20 min walk but I do go sit out by the pool in the sun. Weather was nice here in Shreveport today. I am feeling ok, wasn't too good this morning with nausea and gas but better now. I think if I stay off pain liquid I'm better off

Thanksfor the encouragement and I look forward to letting you know how I do after surgery tomorrow :)

Good to hear about the post op I'm really nervous I'm scheduled for surgery 1/28 I've been worried about the extra procedures I'm having done ( gallbladder & hernia repair ). I got 2 lil ones at home ages 4 & 6 so I gotta heal up fast.

I had hernia repair too, it's not a big deal. The surgery isn't bad, don't get too worked up. Men handle it well. My husband was walking around the hospital that night

They repaired an umbilical hernia during my RNY. It hasn't been any issue at all. :-)

Thanksfor the encouragement and I look forward to letting you know how I do after surgery tomorrow :)

Let us know ASAP how you are doing

I am 4 days post op today. I am mostly having trouble with the gas. But I am only taking liquid extra strength tylenol because I do have 3 year old twins to help keep contained. My husband has been so supportive. He even stayed by my side overnight the first day while my mother watched my girls. I haven't stepped on a scale yet. I figure I might weigh more right now because of post-surgical internal swelling and gas/bloating. Once I left was put on a stage 2 diet but I am slowly steping into it with Protein Shakes, broth, and greek yogurt to reach the minimum 60 grams of Protein daily. I do have some soreness around my ribcage and diaphragm. Luckily, my husband is taking care of the household along with my eldest daughter help until after my first post-surgical appointment on the 22nd. I am hoping ot be able to sleep in bed soon. I am a tummy sleeper so this is reeking havoc on my nocternal sleep patterns. Has anyone else had have issues staying awake throughout the day while only taking tylenol for pain? I feel like I am having nacroleptic episodes. One minute I am awake and alert and the next I am passed out for 20-30 minutes.

These sleep patterns are normal. Doc said it takes 30 days for your body to shed the surgery meds. Don't weigh right now, wait. Your diet is much more open than mine. I can't have anything but liquids clear. Try using pillows tucked under your side back and legs to help you lay comfy on your half side.

I am one week away! I am so close that I can taste it!

I thought I'd move us over to this side where we can share stories, weight loss, concerns and just be generally supportive! So, I'm 4 days post-op and feeling really good. I was really sick post-op days 1&2 due to intestinal swelling and barium sitting in my pouch (relatively uncommon complication) but once I finally got rid the barium, things changed dramatically. Very little pain. I can lay flat on my side with a flat pillow supporting my stomach. Went for a 20 minute slow walk with my 6-year old today. No problem with Protein Shakes or broth. No nausea at all. I know many of our pre-oppers are nervous about life post-op so I wanted to encourage you! How's everyone else feeling?

I'm 2 days out and can't keep anything down. Was burping up blood all day yesterday, then bike last night. Passed the leak test this am, burped that up and every liquid I've taken in today. I'm nursing so they don't want to give me the nausea medication. I'm wondering when this will pass though. Still on IV until tomorrow upon being released. Drains out Friday.

I'm 2 days out and can't keep anything down. Was burping up blood all day yesterday, then bike last night. Passed the leak test this am, burped that up and every liquid I've taken in today. I'm nursing so they don't want to give me the nausea medication. I'm wondering when this will pass though. Still on IV until tomorrow upon being released. Drains out Friday.

I was also unable to keep anything down., even saliva. I was told that my intestines were very swollen and would not let the barium through so it sat in my stomach and made me very sick. Once I vomited up the last of the barium I was fine and feel fine now. I would not let them let you go until you are not vomiting anymore!

Hi all! Not much to say, I'm a bit emo, that I posted in the other thread and was pretty much ignored. Tried to be encouraging but guess it was unwanted. It's difficult not to sound dramatic when trying to express a hurt, I'm not searching for sympathy, just wanted to explain my reason for going on my merry way as far as participating.

I'm not good at these forum things so I will just say best of luck to you all on your journeys.

Hi all! Not much to say, I'm a bit emo, that I posted in the other thread and was pretty much ignored. Tried to be encouraging but guess it was unwanted. It's difficult not to sound dramatic when trying to express a hurt, I'm not searching for sympathy, just wanted to explain my reason for going on my merry way as far as participating.

I'm not good at these forum things so I will just say best of luck to you all on your journeys.

Hi Slim do you have any tips as far as the hospital stay I have my surgery next week on the 22nd and I'm nervous 9 days and counting I'm excited that it's almost here but I'm worried that this liquid diet is going to kick my ass

Hi all just wanna say my band revision to rny went good dr also repaired a hernia which he said he finds common after the banding. I am up walking around a bit here and there and have a lot of gas yet as my body isn't so cooperative in letting it out. I may even get to go home later today just have a few things to wait on yet. I start Clear Liquids this am and want to see if I am capable of holding them down before making that decision :)