Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Nothing!!

Please help!!! I got my first fill last Friday. I dont feel a huge difference, but I've definitely reduced my portions and trying to eat the correct foods. I HAVE NOT LOST 1 LB!!! What is going on??? Anyone else out there with the same problem?

one day soon, you'll have a big drop. sometimes the scale is not your best friend--keep off the scale--just keep doing what you're doing. i had my 2nd fill this week, 1 month after the first fill. NOW i really feel a difference. much more restriction. i hope to be losing faster now. i wasn't really losing before (then again, i was probably eating too much).

Thanks for the advice... I just get so discouraged. I have friends that joined WW and they have lost more than me and I had surgery!! I'm from NY too. Good luck to you!

yes, my gf started WW and also is losing very well--BUT, i know that when she loses "patience"-she will gain again. i will lose patience--but the BAND will remind me that i really CAN'T eat like i did before. i definitely feel restriction now. i am NOT pushing food down myself at the same rate. it will be a slow loss--but i will lose. i managed to somehow lose 3 lbs (according to dr's scale) since last visit--and i really didn't try.

I hated my scale in the begining and then about 9 months out. There are times it just will not move. My best advice, don't weigh for a week, keep following your doctor's meal plan and you may be surprised at what you see. I know I was! Hang in there, I'm proof it gets better!

Well, I was at the point where I'd weigh myself 3 times....A DAY! That was when I was 113 pounds and was 'fat'. Well, add 100 and that's were I was at for my 3 week checkup! Now, I'm trying only to weigh myself at the Dr. office,so hopefully that will work better for me. Good Luck!

Please help!!! I got my first fill last Friday. I dont feel a huge difference, but I've definitely reduced my portions and trying to eat the correct foods. I HAVE NOT LOST 1 LB!!! What is going on??? Anyone else out there with the same problem?

I haven't lost one single pound since I moved from the 4 weeks of liquids to food. I have had one fill. I hope the second fill makes a difference. I am very discouraged.:angry

I haven't lost one single pound since I moved from the 4 weeks of liquids to food. I have had one fill. I hope the second fill makes a difference. I am very discouraged.:angry

I know something about your discouragement. I too am a slow loser and there are several reasons for it. One of them has to do with certain medication I take for Depression, another might be do to the fact my thyroid is essentially dead and I take meds for that, and the last thing I figured out was that I was not good about getting all my Water in, and I'm lousy about not drinking with meals. When I focused on those things more AND upped my exercise/walking, the scale began to move again.

About your fill, when you go for the second one you may find that part of the first fill was basically absorbed into the band and they will have to put that back and then add the new amount. So it is not uncommon for the first fill to have little real effect.

Hang in there, keep communicating and call your doctor if you are following all the rules and not seeing results.

Jo Ann

Patience my bandy friends.. Patience.. I know.. it is HARD!

I am just now seeing a difference and feeling restriction and I am 8 months out! Sometimes it just takes a bit for your body to kick in. I found that uppin my exercising just a little bit, jump started me.

Good Luck!! :)

~DonnaMarie~

Don't panic, the first fill doesn't really do much. Usually the 2nd or third fill is when you really feel restricted. Then you'll lose weight faster.