Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK....how did you know.....

You will feel too full, almost to the point where it feels like the food is backing up in the end of your esophagus. It's unpleasant. Eat slow like they tell you, and I know it is hard, and you will get a feel for your capacity in a short amount of time.

Just wondering what does your diet consist of? Is there a "got to" or "staple" food that you can trust?

My go-to foods (keeping in mind that I live alone and don't have to worry about feeding anyone else :) )

Deli ham and roast beef

Salmon, sometimes halibut

Beef Jerky

Laughing Cow cheese wedges

Other medium-soft cheeses like Monterey Jack

Deli meatloaf (Safeway deli style)

Broccoli (my only veg)

Refried Beans

Rotisserie chicken

Teriyaki chicken from fast food/local bento place (no noodles/rice or salad)

Oh and every weekday I start my day with a Premier Protein shake to guarantee myself 30 grams of Protein the easy way. :) But, like Endless80 says, what works for each person is pretty personal - and can vary day by day or week to week. My list is from trial and error, plus to my personal tastes. Good luck!

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

Thanks for sharing. Oh ya, I am very much aware that everyone's diet and tolerance is different. Just trying to see the differences. Thanks again! :)

"BrantS1976"

You will feel too full, almost to the point where it feels like the food is backing up in the end of your esophagus. It's unpleasant. Eat slow like they tell you, and I know it is hard, and you will get a feel for your capacity in a short amount of time.

Thank you. I have had that feeling at times. My primary concern is I had hiatel hernia repair and I don't want to undo the hiatel hernia repair.

I've never had anything come back up or haven't experienced dumping with anything I've tried BUT I had some food that was a little spicy and I don't think my new stomach liked it. I'll avoid any spicy food for a few more months.

Anyone else do this? I find myself putting the next bite in my mouth way too early and i end up making myself overchew that next bite like 100x before swallowing (to slow myself down)? My family has no idea whats going on but i feel like such an undisciplined buffoon!

Anyone else do this? I find myself putting the next bite in my mouth way too early and i end up making myself overchew that next bite like 100x before swallowing (to slow myself down)? My family has no idea whats going on but i feel like such an undisciplined buffoon!

I feel like I eat slow enough but everytime I eat I feel like the food is sitting in my chest. I have to walk to make myself feel better. I'm not sure what it is....maybe I'm not eating slow enough, but I know I definitely chew enough times...lol!

Yep, had that feeling tonight when I ate broiled talapia.... it was ver done and dry too, but I felt like I had a rock in my chest for 30 minutes...

So I will try it again next week and try not to over cook it...or add something to it if I do.

These last 3 days have been the toughest by far. I eat yogurt for Breakfast and it's still sitting in my chest like a blockage with bubbles and belches and I just relieved myself of about have of it. Should I be worried that I have a blockage? Sipping tea and it's not going down.

These last 3 days have been the toughest by far. I eat yogurt for breakfast and it's still sitting in my chest like a blockage with bubbles and belches and I just relieved myself of about have of it. Should I be worried that I have a blockage? Sipping tea and it's not going down.

Believe it or not, I get that feeling most of the time when I eat. Try walking after you eat, that really helps me!

Beware of rice,

Take my advice,

Dear sisters and brothers,

It doesn't play well with others.

What am I gonna do without sushi!!

Find a good sushi place that makes good rolls with a thin layer of rice. Leave the end pieces for friends you go eat sushi with as those have a lot more rice on the ends. At least that is what I have done when I give in to my sushi craving. As a side benefit with a much smaller stomach, the check is a lot smaller when the wife and I go have sushi.

Why not just have sashimi?

I believe we have to watch out for things that expand after eating, rice being one of them. Some suchi seems to be quite moist and the rice has already been expanded. Dried fruit such as banana chips are notorious for causing belly problems even for the "stretch bellies". I cannot eat very much potato without filling quickly.

Careful experimentation may free you up to eat a wider variety.

I was talking to my brother in law last night about the fact that even if I wanted to I can no longer get drunk. My stomach cannot hold enough, I was always hard headed and ended up baby sitting those less resistant. He claimed he could get me some high proof moonshine that would blast me into oblivion. I responded that my stomach, "The Bouncer", would throw it right back out.

So I can't get drunk. Never liked me drunk anyway, I annoyed myself and everyone else, no doubt. :D

Edited by gmanbat

Why not just have sashimi?

You could do that as well, but its not quite the same combination of flavors that you get in some rolls.

I believe we have to watch out for things that expand after eating, rice being one of them. Some suchi seems to be quite moist and the rice has already been expanded. Dried fruit such as banana chips are notorious for causing belly problems even for the "stretch bellies". I cannot eat very much potato without filling quickly.

Careful experimentation may free you up to eat a wider variety.

I was talking to my brother in law last night about the fact that even if I wanted to I can no longer get drunk. My stomach cannot hold enough, I was always hard headed and ended up baby sitting those less resistant. He claimed he could get me some high proof moonshine that would blast me into oblivion. I responded that my stomach, "The Bouncer", would throw it right back out.

So I can't get drunk. Never liked me drunk anyone, I annoyed myself and everyone else, no doubt. :D

I was wondering if not being able to drunk was normal. I too can not get drunk nor do I like the taste anymore. Any alcohol turn up my stomach, its just disgusting to me right now.