Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Bout New Zealand

hi

I am from CHCH I hope you re all doing well.

I am so far so good.

this truely was the best decision I ever made

Hi Ange123. I'll try the berry thing with the horrible vanilla shakes.< /p>

How are you going now? I'm now 7 days post-op, back at work, no pain whatsoever (apart from when they ripped the tape off my *cough* hairy arm!). had a couple of days where i thought i was nuts and got really down, then hopped on the scale this morning and am now redeemed!

Yay for us!

hi Nuff

I am doing very well, I am also back at work and I am now eating mushy foods which my children think is a big joke. a little more challenging at work for food but the scales are definately telling the tale.

I am glad to hear you are doing well also.

Yay found some kiwis!! I am in Auckland and have an appointment to visit the surgeon next Mon (23/7),so no surgery date yet but I am getting so excited and nervous!!! Don't know how I am going to get through the waiting period. Has anyone been to David Schroder (sp?) in Hamilton?

Its great to see that no one regrets their decision to be banded, for me I am scared this is just going to be another 'diet' in a very long list. I know its going to take some work but I am hoping it will be a bit of a helping hand.

Can't wait to hear more about what Kiwi gals and guys are up to.

xx Bex :whoo:

Hi Beka, There is a group thgat meets occasionly in Auckland somewhere so Robert Fris should be able to put you on to a contact. Good luck, I am sure it will go well. They love to tell you "it is only a tool" which it is, the rest is up to us to lose the weight,for some it is easier than for others., some have more restriction quantitywise.Just take it quietly, follow instructions and all should start melting away! Dont rush into eating too much once the mushy stage is over, you are not really hungry and it is too easy to revert to old habits, just take care and all the best.

Merelou

Hi everyone

I had my band done on thurs 12 July, i lost 7kg b4 the op and since another 3kg!!! I was so excited the morning of the op that i was shaking. One good thing is that i had my op done at 6pm so when i got back to the ward i slept all night (apart from when the nurse came in to check me out). The most painful bit i found was the port site but it feels so much better 4 days later, i feel lucky that i didn't get that gas pain people said i'd get.:)

Thanks Merelou - it would be good to be in contact with others in Auckland. I am going through David Schroeder though in Hamilton, although I am sure he will know someone I can contact.

Wow Louise you lucky thing!! You have done well so far and no doubt it'll get even better! Speedy recovery to ya!

Bex :o)

Hi All

Good luck Beka this is something you will not regret.

Louise: glad to hear you are doing so well. I did not have gas pains either and gave up very early on the pain meds becuse I hated the taste of them.

I went back to the gym last night it was good to be back. no weights though just the bike and tread mill.

My only problem with my surgery is that the surgeon found a ovarian cyst and has told me to go and see my doctor. This is a bummer I did not want more surgery.

Best go now I need to take the children to school

Yeah ha!!! Pre op appointment on Monday was great - thought I would come away with a 12 week wait date but no - TWO WEEKS!!! I get my band 9 August!! I am so excited and sooooo scared at the same time. Tomorrow I start my two week pre op diet - BLAH!!!! But I now feel like there is light at the end of my tunnel.

ARRRGGGHH :whoo: Count down has begun!!!

Thanks Merelou - it would be good to be in contact with others in Auckland. I am going through David Schroeder though in Hamilton, although I am sure he will know someone I can contact.

Wow Louise you lucky thing!! You have done well so far and no doubt it'll get even better! Speedy recovery to ya!

Bex :confused:)

Hi there Bex, I was also banded by David Schroeder, I hope it all went well for you, love to hear how you are getting on!

I am down 12.5kg in just over 4 months, nearly half way now, slow and steady and going great!

Must log in here more, nice to chat Kiwi chat!

Kazzy

Hay Bex I'm such a dork I did not read below that you are scheduled for August, feel free to email me and we can chat if you need someone to talk too - very excited for you!!!

Kazzy

I have added you all to my friends list so we can keep in touch even if our thread disappears!

Now just a few questions for us all to answer:

How long banded?

How much lost?

How much to go to get to goal?

Banded by whom?

How many CC in band and band size?

What things do enjoy eating after banding?

I will answer below

Kazzy

Hi Merelou again..

Banded 3rd May 2006 by Rob Cable in Tauranga

SW CW GW

135 113 87

Currently 10 ml in an 11ml band, will probably be 11 in 11 shortly as I have appointment next week again and having problems shifting the weight the last few months. Up a few, down a few etc.

Can still enjoy most things, just lot less than used to.

Have occasional "chokies" with bread, rice, Pasta, chinese takeaways (just as well) lettuce and some meals if talking instead of focus on eating carefully.

I suspect that seeing nutritionist and phsycologist as Fris requires could have been a help to me, not so much the nutritionist but the phsycologist to better understand why I undermine my own efforts at times. My head seems in the right place but somewhere way back I guess there could be reason.How did those who have been banded through Robert Fris find these extra appointments?

Merelou

Hi Merelou,

How are you feeling generally, are you feeling restriction, I cannot eat foods like bread, Pasta, rice (well maybe 1 tablespoon) potato as they tend to get stuck, (yep just as well for me too LOL)

It really sounds like you don;t have great restriction yet even though your band sounds pretty full? Just take it slowly though, just do .2cc rather than another whole 1cc in case it kicks in all of a sudden and bites you in the behind!

I had a fill about 10 days ago, it has really kicked in now, but I have had a few regurgiutates and really need to do a liquid day or 2 to let the swelling from that go down.

I reallt benefit from the Nutritionist and the Head doctor appointments, so take them, the head shrink ones are great and I am working on those issues that got me over weight in the first place, I lovvvvvve it! Being in control too.

I have now lost 13kg and feeling fab, have 8cc in a 10cc band, 18 weeks out now, and nearly half way, only got good restriction the past fill or 2, it only lasts a few weeks until the fat pad on your stomach shrinks then need another fill, but hope I don;t need another for a while now.

If anyone wants to talk on the weekend call me, love to chat 07 871 9931.

Karen

Hi everyone,

I was banded 1 yr ago by Robert Cable, so far my weightloss has been slow (but thats my own fault) i live in Auckland and have to drive to Tauranga for a fill...i was topped up last week so im starting to lose weight again YAY!!!!!!.

Im enjoying reading other peoples journeys...and would love to "meet up" at coffee groups etc.

Brenna