Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Bout New Zealand

Well there is a few more of us Kiwis popping up here on the board. I am not sure about exactly where everyone is but some of us here in ChCh are having a coffee get together this Monday night - the 16th April at coffee Culture Riccarton at 7pm. If there is anyone on this message board that can make it - please come along. We have people coming that are thinking about having surgery or have had it or are on the waiting list for it. So if there is anyone on here that is from our area and wants to come please do. The more the merrier.

Look forward to meeting anyone that would like to come.

Regards

Dale

ChCh

Hi Kiwis,

Yay a Kiwi thread! Amazing what you can find if you look! LOL I am day 8 and feeling great. Looking forward to mushies, but managing on liquids thanks to the magic bullet.

Beautiful day here today, am going to go for a walk. Thats a huge turn around for me, I didnt do much at all prior to surgery and now I feel like a new person. Even at this early stage I think that this is the best thing I have ever done.

Would love to hear how you are all doing.

Wow I thought I was the only Kiwi on here... it so cool to see that there are other kiwis on this site. I was banded 19th April 2007. Anyway im gona try and get one of those lil ticker things i think im the only one with out one....

I have been banded a year by Dr Fris ( wow can't believe how fast a year has gone), I live in Auckland on the North Shore, am 36, female. I have currently lost 33 kgs, it was nice to see a kiwi thread on here as I haven't looked on this site for 2 months and tried a kiwi thread a year ago without much response. I spend a lot of time in the April Bandits '06 and they are my lifeline, this is a great site, I tried a kiwi one but everyone seemed so much older.

Would love to hear from you all as well, contact me PM if anyone wants coffee

Good luck to you all

Kia Ora!

XX Amourette!

wow very cool, I am in Christchurch, and I am being banded on the 29th June, I am seeing my surgeon again this week so it is really happening. this site is great. i have personally a big job to do (pardon the pun) I need to loose half of my body weight. through banding. does any one have any advice a month out from surgery. I have not seen the dietician as yet that is on the 6th June.

Bye for now Excited CHCH Bandster

Hey there,

Well another ChCh bandster on our list. It is excellent that you are getting your op. Who is your surgeon? I had Grant Coulter and he was great. We have a support group going here in ChCh if you are interested in getting together at some stage.

Regards

Dale

where is everyone, nobody is checking in much on this thread, we should make it more happening...........:rolleyes

did you guys tell your family and friends, it is a hard secret to keep sometimes............

hi All

Can any one tell me how common Band Slippage is, that is the part that really concerns me as My husband and I are extending our mortgage to have this operation and how ever will we afford the cost again if the band slips??? does it slip because the bander is eatingt the wrong foods? does any one know??? and can advise me???

And excited but apprehensive June 29 Bandster

Not too sure about this, the best place is the main board but keep us posted, yup I didn't get my op approved either, same thing,, re-mortgage, but don't regret it one bit, it is true, you only have on life to live.......

Was worried about this also, let me know what u find out, I don't know what I can claim on my Southern Cross, my op was never approved but $150 a time to see my surgeon for an unfill/fill is ridiculous........anyone know what we can claim and what we can't!

Regards Fiona:)

Hi fiona,

Southern Cross havea one off fee at the discretion of the Cheif medical officer of $6000. I have been approved for this entitlement. You have to have had continuous medical insurance for 3 years to qualify. lucky my husbands work pay for the medical insurance and we dont. As I have two children 5 and 7 so finances are very tight. Alot depends on this operation I have to make it work and Band Slippage is a big worry for me.

Excited but apprehensive june bandster

fiona

how much weight have you lost and when were you banded??

I want to keep this a secret as long as possible

My computer has been out over two weeks, but we are reunited again, I am soooooo happy, hehehe!!!!

I was on the lower scale of weight loss and only just got approved by Dr Fris weighing 106kg, didn't think he would honestly take me on............I went into surgery at 110kg, hey the last supper syndrome, hehhee, I am 1.72 mtrs and went now down to 78kg weigh in, that was about 4 weeks ago,, I am looking at having an unfill, as I want my social life back, I am single and unfortunately in life eating is a big social part of our lives..........everyday is hard though, I have to think about smaller bites, and chewing heaps all the time, not easy! Unfortunately PB's and sliming have been too common for me lately so it is a sign I am too tight!!!!

Wow, I wish I had been approved by Southern Cross, it stinks, I didn't hae any bad symptoms but was on my way and have saved SC a fortune by taking my future into my own hands..............

so where is everyone else on this site, do I have to PM you all again.

Just to remind you, Fiona,36 Auckland, 476-3567, I am always here to answer your questions if I can

Love to you all

Fiona:biggrin1:

Hi All

So glad to see so many Kiwi's on here! I'm scheduled to be banded on the 4th July. Am VERY excited. Need some advice though...

I'm heading up to tauranga to get banded. I live in wellington. is it totally unfeasible for me to drive back from tauranga 1 week after surgery?

Cheers!

I think it would be perfectly fine, I think I was driving after a week, just take it slowly! Can you not fly, there are some great deals on Airnz website under Grab-a-seat!