Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attending school while losing

I am currently working on my undergrad.. Still Undeclared.. And I have yet to be approved for surgery, let alone worry about recovery time. I am on average taking 15 credits every quarter, and have a solid 3.5 GPA.. Staying on track with my grades and my education in general is extremely important to me. But my weight and my potential for W.L.S. is also very important to me.. I did not realize that it took most of you a month and a half to recover... I was only expecting a week or two, simply because its generally a one day sugary appointment. As in you are home the same day of your surgery. If surgery is that "easy", then why would recovery be much different?

Anyway, this gives me a lot to think about. I am definitely curious on seeing if I could wait to do surgery, or time it out perfectly between breaks. (even though I do not have a break that is a month and a half long.)

If I had my way, I would have surgery ASAP, and then continue to attend class as I could, with the negotiation with my teachers. For example, Do all home work, turn it in every week, and show up to classes where tests are being taken, at the very least. If there are days I am feeling particularly better then expected, then go to school. Its really easy for me to commute back and forth. IDK if that would actually work or not.. but it would be cool if it did.

Hi,

I timed mine over Christmas break and had almost 1 month off but if you are younger than me - I am 46 you could really do it over a shorter break, just depends upon how motivated you are and .....if there are no complications, I didn't have any.

Best Wishes

Have you thought about taking Theanine? Its quite expensive in its purest form, but boy, does it help with concentration levels. Remarkably so.

It's an Amino Acid and although its present in a lot of 'body building' supplements, it was recommended to me by a herbalist and she was absolutely right on its effects. It clarifies the mind, facilitates concentration (obviously, this will have to be in conjunction with the right Protein, Vitamins and Water levels)

Life saver for me and my ability to concentrate just after surgery.

Best of luck in your Doctorate :)

What dosage do I take it in? Also do you know how to tell if it is pure?

What dosage do I take it in? Also do you know how to tell if it is pure?

you can buy theanine from liftmode either directly or off Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/L-Theanine-Grams-1-76-Pure-FBA/dp/B0093UHQPA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1390748954&sr=8-4&keywords=Theanine

Cheap stuff and lasts a long time.

A good dose for nootropic support is 200 mg. This is essentially one scoop. The best way to take it is to add to your Water. It does not have much taste.

I usually combine it with 50 mg of caffeine to leverage the synergy from combining the two. The caffeine with activate the receptors in the brain so that the theanine can be better absorbed once it passes through the BBB (blood brain barrier). However, depending on your doctors instructions about caffeine (mine had no restrictions), you may or may not want to add the caffeine. Caffeine plus theanine is considered the most basic of nootropic stacks and will help almost anyone with concentration and focus when starting out with this class of supplementation.

Sleeved on 12/23. I was on a break from my doctoral studies. I started back up on the 1st. I am having a hard time getting back in the swing of school. I assume it is residual anesthesia and healing. Did anyone delay school after sleeving? Not sure if I should take a break or knuckle through.

I waited till week four to go back to school. My doctor said that the anesthesia is in your body for upto two weeks. I tried to go back week two, last a day and took two more weeks off and felt fine going back week four. Hoping you have a quick recovery!

On 1/25/2014 at 7:34 AM, Jack4468 said:

I had my VSG surgery on Tuesday and will be back at school next Tuesday and college itself is pretty flexible. Highest weight was 335, day of surgery 278.5 and three days later I am already at 267.9. I think going to school even at my age (45) is good because it helps keep you motivated while being around younger students!

Thank you for reply!

On 1/25/2014 at 7:34 AM, Jack4468 said:

I had my VSG surgery on Tuesday and will be back at school next Tuesday and college itself is pretty flexible. Highest weight was 335, day of surgery 278.5 and three days later I am already at 267.9. I think going to school even at my age (45) is good because it helps keep you motivated while being around younger students! You can use this https://paperap.com/free-papers/business-ethics/ service ti savr your time and improve your grades

I'm excited to be back at school next week. I am a college student. One of the things that I love about being a student is that college is pretty flexible, which allows me to manage my health and my education at the same time. However, after my VSG surgery, I am already seeing progress with my weight loss journey. Three days after my surgery, Being a college student has helped me to stay motivated and focused on my goals, even while managing my health. Furthermore, I find that being around younger students has been a positive experience for me. It keeps me motivated and inspired, and reminds me that it's never too late to pursue your dreams and make positive changes in your life. I believe that education is a lifelong pursuit and it's never too late to learn something new or achieve a new goal. Overall, my experience has shown me that education can provide a supportive and flexible environment for people to achieve their personal and professional goals. By being a college student, I have been able to manage my health and education simultaneously, and I have been inspired to continue pursuing my dreams regardless of age or circumstances.

Good to hear it wears off. I work in an office and went back 10 days out, feeling okay except I can’t believe how exhausted I get! Luckily, they are very understanding. Will be glad when that goes away!