Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January fitness challenge

Just checking in, been keeping up with the walking, bike/eliptical, and classes, not quite as many classes this time around, I just don't have the time... so.... MTD-walking-97 miles(will make my 100 mile goal and then some), 20 minutes/day eliptical or biking, 6 yoga classes, 5 strength sessions. I really think I'm going to sign up for the cardio-salsa class in February, it looks like fun!!

Hey folks. Ran my first trail race yesterday. A half marathon in Wichita Falls, TX. Home of the Hotter than Hell 100 bike ride. Luckily it wasn't hot, but it was a challenge. For one thing, this trail was clearly built for mountain biking. I wasn't expecting that. Nor was I expecting all the mountain bike obstacles. Plenty of log piles, up and down rolling humps, downed trees to hurdle. And random 10' drop offs....and I don't mean a downhill...I mean a cliff. You just had to slide down somehow. It was more like an obstacle course than a run. But it was great fun and all the challenges made the miles fly by. Right up until mile 11 when I stepped on a sharp ass rock and limped the rest of the way. Ouch. Other than that it was loads of fun and I'm definitely hooked on trail running. I cannot go back to running the roads. Hopefully I'll have some race pics soon. MTD 79.5

See. That's not "exercise" that's just fun! :)

Short run today and a pretty long hike. Also biked 22 miles on Monday, but most of it was downhill (from the top of Haleakala), so only counting the 1 miles that I pedaled. :)

Run: 55 (Goal: 60)

Walk: 56 (Goal: 60)

Bike: 10 (Goal: 30)

Total: 121 (Goal: 150)

6/10 CF (might not make this goal!) 11,700/16,000 m swimming

you have unlimited open gym right? You can go to just 4 days of cross fit next week and you are golden. You can tame down the workout on a subsequent day if 2 days in a row is rough. Do like 60-70% effort, or less if you want to. You can do it!

1 more hour down. Bonus points for getting up at 3:30 to knock out a 4:30 workout before going into work. On a Saturday.

11.25 done/ 4.75 to go.

Hey, I think we should call the February Challenge the "Sweetheart Challenge" :)

Tonight is leg night, woohoo! I love leg day because I can really charge hard, when I do arms I feel so incapable.. My left hip joint/tendon/something got hurt last week that day I took the amino energy supplement (bad idea) so I have been doing all upper body since but I'm going to try my beloved leg press "birthing machine" tonight, wish me luck!

Wishing you all the luck on your workout GT! Be safe. :)

Not much, but better than nothing! 15 miles over the last couple of weeks. 73/100 miles. My shift at work has gone crazy with two 12 hr shifts and four 8 hr shifts a week. Plus a hour round trip drive to and from work...leaves for one wore out chickie. This schedule will continue through Feb. 18th at least. Maybe then a coworker will return from neck surgery. The scale isn't going down either=|

Edited by TerryBelieves

6/10 CF (might not make this goal!) 11,700/16,000 m swimming

you have unlimited open gym right? You can go to just 4 days of cross fit next week and you are golden. You can tame down the workout on a subsequent day if 2 days in a row is rough. Do like 60-70% effort, or less if you want to. You can do it!

Hi Fiddle,

No, I'm actually still on punchcard. The bigger issue is that because I work in nonprofits our board meetings all tend to clump the same weeks, in the same evenings. So last week I was busy 4 evenings out of 5 and could only get to one session (we do 5:30 and 6:30 pm.) Then yesterday I was maybe going to sing at a funeral in the morning and was futzing back and forth with that until partner workouts had already started. It is what it is. I'll do my best this week to get in 2 or 3, but I'm afraid it's the same deal. Meetings M-W for sure.

Excited though: I have a new tshirt that says "Burpees don't really like you either" and I can't wait to wear it.

Challenge: 6/10 CF and now 13,800 out of 16,000m swimming. I will be able to hit that one, anyway!

I did legs and it was great - leg presses to muscle failure, thigh curls sitting and on stomach, and back crunches. Then I mashed out my fascia with the bar, which was funny because any crossfitter knows this is important, but a couple guys in the gym mistook my grimaces of pain to mean that I had become trapped under the bar and needed rescuing! lol, I tried to explain that this was what I wanted! I thought that was funny and I suppose it did look that way, it hurts terribly at first but you feel so blissful afterward and thanks to pressing out all the acids, I'm not sore at all today. So tonight I think will be ab night...

15 more miles to my goal - it's going to be a tough week this week (hubby traveling for work). Gym time has to be a priority.

I did 6.1 miles on Saturday (combination elliptical and treadmill)...it felt good while I did it, but man was I sore on Sunday!

Was able to get to CF because of all the weather closures. CrossFit never closes.

So, 7/10 CF and 13,800/16,000m swim

OMG - I did NOT want to go to the gym today. I had to get up at 4:00 am to get the hubby off to the airport. I was so tired and my legs were still a little tired from my 6 mile day on Saturday.

I reluctantly did 3 miles today - it was the best thing, so I don't fall behind in miles for the month and then have to kill myself the last few days. I was bargaining with myself the entire time - just do 5 more minutes, then you can leave...then I'd be at weird distance, so I talked myself into going to the next .5 miles, then the time was weird, so I talked myself into going to the next 5 minute mark. Goofiness.

McB - that's a great motivational tool, love it! Last night I did squats, dead lifts, bench press, kneeling rope pull, overhead inclined dummbell drops, and inclined rows. Tonight will just be cardio.