Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 13, 2014 Sleeved Friends

Hello ladies..

Im doing great thank God...everything is going down fine...

So last Monday I was 241.....

And today I was 250 lol

How in the world..im eating like air n nothing lol

I wont stress.... It will have to come down one way or another!

In another note, I went to see my cardiologist today...and he lowered my blood pressure medication from 120 mg to 60 mg...yayyy....

Thank Jesus...

Donegan whats plantar fasicitis??

Tooflufly...I'm on liquids until next Thursday...but my stomach is feeling a lot better...and now we are both hungry lol

I hope those 9 pounds that I gained are all the IV fluids that I got at the ER...

I'm seeing one of my surgeon on Friday...to see how my tummy is doing...n I hope the scale is back to where is supposed to be... :)

Donegan im on liquids.

My name is Jane. You ladies can call me that, if you want.

Doneganregiime, I buy my arch support inserts at Walmart, but I buy the men's ones. I have big feet, and I'm heavy, so those work well for me. They are about $15 a pair, so I have several sets. It says on the pkg that they are for plantar's fasciitis.

Dlm59, I'm eating just about everything now, except things like raw apples, steak, and stuff like that. I'm so used to counting carbs from past diets, that it is a relief to not have to worry about them yet. Once I eat my Protein, there's not much room left anyway.

MJM, the weight gain is from the IV, I feel certain. No way you can be gaining any other way! I'm just so glad you're doing better!

I had a small bit of barbecue pork for dinner, with about a tablespoon of baked potato. YUM! I fixed the pork in the crock pot, so it was super tender.

Have a good Wednesday!

And my name is Maitte :)

Jane I want some barbecue pork too.

Superyummydelicious!!!

Maitte, it's inflammation of a tissue in my foot. Hurts like hell. Can barely walk. Got some inserts and had to get a shot in my foot. It's a little better. Going to buy some good sneakers on Friday. Hopefully I can start back working out again.

Wow that sounds like it hurts a lot..

I hope you feel better soon..

Jane your crockpot pork sounds amazing!!!

I've always had problems with pain in my foot. I have bone spurs in the heel and every step I took felt like walking with a huge nail digging into my foot...it was horrible. I was getting the cortisone shots every few months, but they only helped for a short time.

Then I tried spenco sandals. I swear by these things. They are about $40-$50 a pair, but they completely took away the pain. I haven't had pain for several years now wearing these. I buy them online from Zappos, so you can return them for free if you don't like them. Luckily I live in a warm climate, so I can wear them yearround. They also make shoe inserts, but I've never tried those.

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm happy to take this journey with you.

I'm Kathy!!

Congrats Everybody we made it..One Month PO yayyy

One month out! Whoot! As of today, I'm down 39.8 pounds. 20.8 is post-op.

Diane, I know!!! It amazes me too, how such a tiny bit of food can fill us up!

Kathy, I'll have to check out the Spenco sandals. They sound great.

Hello to Maitte and Sierra, too.

Have any if you had the Laughing Cow wedges on crackers? The mozzarella, Tomato, and basil is especially savory. So is the French onion.

I forgot today was 1 month out! Yay for us!

I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night! I feel human again!

I have tried the laughing cow wedges and love them! 2 filled me up lol!

I am trying really hard to not eat anything after dinner. So far hubby has agreed! Crunchy after dinner Snacks has been a habit in our home for years! I asked him to help me and not eat and so far 3 nights no munchies!

I haven't tried crackers yet! Has anyone tried Pasta yet?

I forgot today was 1 month out! Yay for us!<br><br> I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night! I feel human again!<br><br> I have tried the laughing cow wedges and love them! 2 filled me up lol!<br><br> I am trying really hard to not eat anything after dinner. So far hubby has agreed! Crunchy after dinner Snacks has been a habit in our home for years! I asked him to help me and not eat and so far 3 nights no munchies!<br><br> I haven't tried crackers yet! Has anyone tried Pasta yet?

Hi sleeved one day later the 14th yay one month Tomo! Yes to the pasta and was one of the worse experiences of my life! Threw up over and over I now know (secretly a God send) that I can't have pasta which isn't bad cause I was an addict!

I had Pasta twice. The first time, it hurt my sleeve. Second time, I chewed and chewed and chewed it, and it did not hurt a bit.

Diane, I wish I could get into the habit of not eating after dinner, but we eat so early that I just can't go that long w/o food. I pulling for you! It will be a lot easier for you since DH is on board.

Are each of you actually taking 30 minutes to finish a meal? I cannot make it last that long! Twenty minutes is the best I can do.

Happy Valentines Day!

Did anyone have chocolate? Lol

Jane I have been having a hard time with the 30 minutes too! I'm between 20-30. I had a half cup BBQ chicken tonight I loved that it was pulled. Made it easy to go down but I wasn't able to have anything else in the 30 minutes.

Tonight I'm having a hard time not snacking on even applesauce lol not sure why it must just be bed time!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• allwet

Coffee and Tea drinkers Rejoice
      https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45540-1
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CJ.  »  BrendaIsela

Did you go through with the DS? How are you making out?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MrsGamgee

Well, long time no see. 
      It's been a rough couple of weeks. I should have been expecting the other shoe to drop after having it so easy for the first three weeks post op. I was getting my water and protein easily, had no pain, nausea, or vomiting.
      But as soon as the soft foods really started in earnest I started having problems. Pain, foamies, slimeys, vomiting galore. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Something that I ate easily yesterday causes pain and vomiting after the first bite today. Sometimes it's my pills, other times they go down easy. I just don't get it. 
      I'm trying to stay positive. I know this is a season in my life, and things will eventually even out. I'm just so tired of being afraid to eat, not knowing what kind of response my body will have. I'm mostly hitting my protein target, thanks in large part to protein shakes (which I hate, but look at as medicine). I missed my water targets by a lot over the weekend, due mostly to feeling awful, which I know is a terrible cycle... throw up, don't feel like drinking anything, get dehydrated, get constipated, feel like crap, repeat. 
      The three-week stall is also still here. I thought I had busted through it, but I've been bouncing between 216-219 for the last two and a half weeks, which is a contributing factor to my mood and frustration level. And add in wee-lings who are going crazy with end of the school year insanity, friends with busy schedules who I haven't been able to see in weeks, and I'm an unhappy girl. 
      Things will turn around. I know they will. Just not feeling it at this moment. 
      · 7 replies
      1. ms.sss

hope things get better with the slowing down and the water-prioritizing. keep us posted :1007_hearts:

small tip: I used the timer on my watch religiously between bites in the early days (actually I still do, but I'm a lot less rigid about it now), it really helped keep the foamies/slimies/pain/barfing at bay by helping me slow down.

2. FluffyChix

Oh wow. Just read of your struggles! So sorry to hear it hon! ((hugs)) It's no fun when the stalls hit, makes bearing other parts of this journey really tough. Added to the fact that most of us experience mood swings/sadness that is usually transitory for most of us. But it still just makes it that much harder.

I promise the stall will break. If that helps? ((hugs))

Also, maybe concentrate on upping your water and hitting it consistently? The reason I say that is cuz it will make eating that much easier/pleasant. And the up side to that is with every real meal you have, you're training your tool to accept solid foods again. And being well hydrated makes your pouch less "tricky" and finicky. You know?

Try varying the temperature of the fluids you drink. I remember cold water was not my friend. I did better on room temp or warm liquids.

Also, the protein drinks may be contributing a little to your stall. I know I lost better after I really reduced them to very little. I'm very IR, and whey protein isolate is very insulinogenic.

Hang in there. I promise, in 2-3 weeks, things will feel so much better!!

3. MrsGamgee

Thanks @FluffyChix! I know the stall will break, it has to eventually given I'm only consuming 700ish calories a day and I am trying to be active every day. I confess it's hard to be motivated to go for a walk though when I feel like crap.

Cold water seems to be better for me right now... icy anything makes my tummy happy. It's when my water gets to room temp that it is harder to get down. But I am committed to getting my water in. It's so funny, before surgery I never had a problem with water. Today I decided that I won't count my 'other fluids' as part of my water total... they have to be over and above my target.

I'm looking forward to lowering my reliance on the shakes. I really don't like them. I got clearance with my RD to cut back on them, provided I can hit at least 80g of protein without them. But I haven't been able to manage that just yet. I'm hoping in the next few weeks, provided I can get real foods to go down and stay down.

Thanks for the encouragement!

4. FluffyChix

80 grams without protein shakes at your stage feels very ambitious IMHO? Are you sure she didn't mean 80g including protein drinks and food sources?

We all heal so uniquely! :( Don't rush advancing. I know it's hard not to, but your tum will heal easier if you just listen to it and what it will and won't allow for the day.

Gosh I so get the motivation of the scale!!! ((hugs)) With one reading I can determine my mood for the day. LOL. Then I wait a bit and have a nice poop. ;) haha Mood restored. ;) I'm ever just one solid poop away from a good mood. hehe

5. MrsGamgee

She was pretty clear... I asked about cutting back on them last week and I'm guessing she wanted to encourage me to continue with the protein shakes without actually saying so. Making it my decision. I have 2 shakes a day, plus some protein powder in my breakfast, so I'm hoping to maybe drop one shake a day in a couple of weeks. I'm really not into the lack of satisfaction they provide for the calories they take up in my daily totals.

I *know* that this is just a step on the road. I need to put on my big girl undies and deal with it. And I need to really learn to listen to my body and not push too far too fast.

6. View All Replies
    • dmadms  »  ARMoma45

I saw the post where you were denied the first time because you lost to much weight.  How much did you lose?  I lost 1 # my 2nd month and 6# my third month and scared to death I have screwed up.  

Thanks
      Dana
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

I lost 11% of my body weight and they wanted me to fail to lose 10%. I even called the insurance company and asked them to clarify because the wording was confusing. I didn't know if they wanted me to lose the 10% or fail to lose the 10%. I was told to lose 10% so I did and apparently the person that I spoke to wasn't correct. But also this was in December and my company was scheduled to change to a different division of BCBS after the first of the year. So that probably played more into the denial than anything.

I continued my monthly visits and they clearly showed that I plateaued about month 5/6 and began to regain. I originally lost from 333 to 298 and regained back up to 330 but have now lost back down to 318.

• allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

As a tea-a-holic, I'm happy to hear this. Thanks!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs