Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdness.. input PLEASE

:help: Ok. I am two weeks and four days post op. do you remember that weird feeling post op on the surface of your belly skin that was numb and sensative all at one? Well that dissapeard about a week ago only to return IN FORCE today. I have 7 small incisions that have healed VERY well. I have one at the bottom of my belly button then two more to the far left of my belly button side by side then one more up and angled to the left of my belly button, then more.. OK. If you were to draw a slanted to the left triangle with the narrow point starting at my belly button and the other two wide points to the left, the entire area in between is intense sore and numb and on occasion a twinge of #4 pain. it's no where near the port or my tummy.

Now, I did stumble yesterday walking in to my buliding but didn't toally wipe out, however it jarred me pretty good. I noticed this sensation mainly today and more intensely the past two hours. Any one else experiences these phantom pains that are not directly under their incisions?

I called the doc's office and they think I'm ok and want me to call back on Monday.

I noticed some pangs that felt like they were coming from the inside, but I was banded on the 28th and am still not totally healed. However, you have 2 more incisions then I do. So that would add to it.

I agree with Jack. I experienced nerve damage (nothing extreme) and the sensation you're describing is exactly what I felt too. A burning, numb, tingling sorta thing.

Just curious, I was banded on Feb 27th and I also have numbness on the left side, exactly where my hematoma was it was the size of a larger grapefruit but now is like the size of a tennis ball, getting softer every day, I to feel it and think it is my port!! I sure hope not, it really makes me worried. How long does it take to go away the numbness and the swelling. I was bleeding the other day because my PA put a band aid the sticky part on the scab, how smart was that so non the less it was riped off when I took it off. O did I say that was after they went in with two needles to take out some blood that was trapped under my skin and causing pressure. If any one has had any of these issues please respond, I wonder if I ever should have gotten this done!!! and how will I know if it slips or eroads into me!! thanks for all your help!!!! :help:

Your ability to eat will increase, or decrease, without warning usually when there is a problem. A surface hematoma, should have no direct effect on the band I wouldn't think.

I have had to have Fluid drained off of my knee following surgery---it didn't affect the knee surgery itself.

You are very newly banded, and experiencing a lot of emotional chaos right now---relax---it WILL get better!!!!

Kat

I wonder if I ever should have gotten this done!!! :help:

I agree, the time immediately post-op was the MOST STRESSFUL transition for me too...luckily it does get easier. Hang in there!

As far as thinking you might regret your decision...I hope you don't still feel this way. Don't let this first phase in your journey get you down.

I'm almost a year out and down about 170 lbs and the thing I've learned is that if you're committed to making the band work then it will work. If you're committed to expecting the band to do something magical to you then it won't. I had to realize that it's just a piece of plastic, like a plastic fork. The fork just lays there doing nothing until I use it as a tool then it comes in really handy!

So, try to stay positive. Let your band and body heal. Once this phase is over then the real fun starts! Just in time for Spring...think of yourself as a flower getting ready to bloom for Spring!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches