Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

restart on Jan 1st!

Got surgery in August 2011 only had two fills have not gotten fill in almost two years so I plan on starting over on Jan 1st and anyone who wants to restart with a support of a friend is welcome to join me!!

I haven't stopped, but am very happy to see that you are setting a goal. Good luck, you can do it.

best of luck to you

but dont wait to (start) january 1st.....no better time then right now/today.....

stay positive

Why wait until January 1rst? Start now! You will feel better that you did. Even if you don't lose over the holidays, just keeping yourself accountable will make you feel better about yourself. Work on maintaining at the very least until January. We are always here to be supportive and help you help yourself. :D

You know I read the title of this post and I thought just what CG posted. Don't wait start today!!! I don't understand why anyone would want to wait to be healthier or happier or to have a better life. No cookie, cake or holiday meal is worth it in my eyes. I spend time with my friends and family and I enjoy the meals and treats that are prepared but I eat them in smaller and more controlled amounts and to be very honest I actually enjoy the food and the company that much more now then I ever did before when I was stuffing my face during holiday gatherings.

My hubby said the same thing to me when we went to the doctor for our monthly check up a few days ago. He said "babe after the holiday's I'll get another fill. I feel like I need to get back on track with eating right and moving more."

I know I had the Scooby Doo face...because I just did not understand that. I asked him what he meant by that but I didn't want to embarrass him in front of the PA by pushing the issue. It's his choice if he feels he needs a fill or not. I don't know how he feels when he eats though for the most part I can see that he is not really eating badly and is eating a bit too much in portion size. Though we are both at work most days and I guess when we are not together he could be making poor choices and that's what he meant, but I don't know for sure.

Either way he chose not have a fill and I chose to move forward toward my green zone and get a small fill. I am just about where I want to be as of this fill. I have already lost 3 pounds and I'm eating more band sized portions like I was hoping to finally.

When he saw that I lost 3 pounds in just a few days after this fill, the hubby was like hmm...maybe I should have gotten a fill, he hasn't lost in the last month or so he has stayed the same which is not a bad thing, but the point is to keep going down. We are not ready to just maintain yet.

Again he said after the holidays I'll get back on track and I still don't get it. I have days where I really want that cookie or I'm super hungry and so I eat, but I am never off track or derailed.

This is not a diet this is MY LIFE. This is MY LIFESTYLE.

This band, this port, this plication this is ME. It is who I am today, it is a part of my life like my hand or my foot. My hubby needs hip replacement surgery, so I said to him when you get the new hip will you wait to use that until after the holidays?

He got mad at me, but it's the same thing! You need that hip to move to walk to stand, to sit, you have no choice but to use it. The same is true of the band. Yes we have some flexibility with our bands that other surgeries don't have, and that should help us to use it MORE and tailor it to our individual life styles. It's not a TV show that we can turn on or off or DVR for later so we can fast forward or rewind it. It's the present, it's a gift and you should be living it each and every day.

I have to wait until Jan 1st cause my car is in the shop until then so I can not even go get a fill yet...I am already eating better and packing my lunch and making my Breakfast at work to cut out the last minute getting junk food. :)

I'm with ya. I need to rid my house of sugar! These holidays and all the yummy sweet things have to go. Just weighed myself this AM.....put on about 20 pounds in one month, not good.

Well best wishes! I am glad to see that you are trying to change your life before your fill! rayanne, feel free to come and lament or jump for joy as you start to renew your band life!! Karen..aka..kll724