Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI warning...period question

quick question ladies. at 31 years old i have always had normal periods since i was 14. i had my period nov 1 and then like clockowrk after my surgery (11-12-13) i had it again on dec 1st but on sat and yesterday ive noticed some spotting, nothing coming down just a little there when i wipe? i wouldnt be expecting it again til the week of jan 1st....

anyone experience this so early out from surgery? could it just be my hormones adjusting?

I've been pretty consistent with my period cycle since surgery. I have 3 kiddo's and it started back after my third was 10 months which happend to be 3 and a half months post-op. I will say that I used to be VERY regular as in an exact 28 day cycle, now I am exactly 60 days!! So I have a period every other month these days which is weird for me but I guess it's just another change in my body as my body changes :huh: :rolleyes: .

If we were talking face to face I'd say you should get a pregnancy test :mellow: , because after 5 pregnancies of my own I'd have to say that sounds like a pretty good sign, especially if you're generally very regular :o .

Wishing you whatever your hoping for :lol:

Edited by KhadijahRose

MIne is all wonky too. I talked to the nurse practitioner that works for my surgeon today actually. She told me that estrogen is stored in fat cells with the fat so as you empty them the estrogen floods our system and can wreak havoc on our cycles. She said if it doesn't become regular again by 6 months out to see a gyn. Until then it's normal.

It is also possible that you are experiencing spotting associated with ovulating. Which is pretty common. I don't always spot, but I have before in the past.

Thank you! Thank you! I am not the only one.. I also had my surgery on 11/12/13 and I am experiencing the same thing !! I have heard that you may not have it... But not the opposite where you spot more. Thank you for posting this I thought I was crazy!!

i actually had the opposite problem, where i had my period for 3 weeks the first time i got it after surgery. i think it's because our bodies are still in shock and adjusting to all the changes going on. but i'm 3 months post op and everything is back to normal! :)