Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon were you back to work?

My surgery date is 3/29. I am planning on returning to work 4/2. I sit at a desk all day so I do not have any lifting or moving around. Is that a realistic return to work date or should I take a week of vacation? I would like to know soon any of you were back to work please. Thank you.

Oh, I believe in "better living through chemistry" and will be on Tylenol all day if I have too. I bill for 3 physicians so I work at home in the evening too. There again, I sit the entire time. No wonder I am 100 pounds overweight huh? That's it, it is the computer's fault...

Thank you for the information. Since I am allergic to Morphine, that will not even be an option. I am not very pain tolerant either, so I will keep the Tylenol handy, just in case. I am already going in with the intent that recovery will be fast and this is going to be a walk in the park. I figure a good attitude is important. Thanks again.

I went back in 4 days. Not because I had any pain at all, but because I wanted to be lazy and stay home a couple of extra days.

I had surgery on Monday, came home on Tuesday afternoon. I'm worried about going back to work on Monday! I am concerned at some of the journals that I have read because I am feeling very light headed and dizzie when I get up. Some patients are already eating chicken breast, tuna, etc. I was instructed to stay on the clear liquid for 3-4 days and then gradually add liquids like Protein drink and cream Soup. I have a feeling that I am not getting enough nutritian in my diet which is causing this light headed feeling. I also have this heavyness under my breasts where I believe the band to be. Is that the feeling I will get when I am full? Everything I consume is Fluid so I don't see how I could get too full?

Anyway, I hope your short time off will work out for you. I took a weeks vacation and also choose to not tell anyone at work that I was having this done. I guess I go to work Monday and hopefully I will be ready. Also, very tired and not doing a whole lot yet.

Let me know if I'm having "normal" feelings at this point.

Ms. M.

My surgery date is 3/29. I am planning on returning to work 4/2. I sit at a desk all day so I do not have any lifting or moving around. Is that a realistic return to work date or should I take a week of vacation? I would like to know soon any of you were back to work please. Thank you.

I had my surgery 3/8 and I am going back to work 3/19 (which I used by Spring Break to recover-I am a teacher). I had problems with pain--left shoulder started day 3 of recovery----it SUCKS! This does not happen with everyone--but it did me--so my advice is always to side with caution. Plan for the worst and hope for the best! I would take the vacation---but I am woose.

HI all

I have a date of the 04/20 for now and put in for 6 days of vac.

and I see almost everyone of you have desk jobs

which is cool cause my wife is also having lapband.

and she is a desk Girl. But me I have a lift big heavy stuff stand on feet allday Job. the lifting can wait, we have cranes for that stuff. But the moving around all over the place. I was just wondering if I would be pushing it going back to work after 9 days?