Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days Left In No-Band-Land (Exciting Times Ahead)

Thanks so much The Icy One! That makes me feel better. On my way to hospital now in a cab - stuck in crazy traffic though so I'm going to be a bit late. :/ Wish me luck!

Thanks so much The Icy One! That makes me feel better. On my way to hospital now in a cab - stuck in crazy traffic though so I'm going to be a bit late. :/ Wish me luck!

Just saw this... You are on the other side and hopefully home and recovering, now. I hope that everything went well and you are doing well. Don't forget to walk and to hydrate. Sip, sip, sip.

Congrats on your new life! :D

How you doing Luludemon99? Hope you are doing well ! 12 more hours and it will be my turn so give me some good vibes and tell it me you are doing awesome, lol

How you doing Luludemon99? Hope you are doing well ! 12 more hours and it will be my turn so give me some good vibes and tell it me you are doing awesome, lol

Thanks everyone! Yes I just got home and am in good shape! Nothing to be nervous about in the end. I arrived at 10am and checked in, then the surgery which was supposed to be at 11:30 was delayed until about 3:30 because of other emergencies that came in. So lots of waiting and watching tv in my room. Finally I got wheeled in and then hopped up onto the operating table. Last thing I remember is the oxygen mask going on , no counting or anything.

Then I was waking up in recovery, and apparently asking over and over again about if my liver was ok. Haha! It was. Then I slept for an hour - no pain. And when I woke up had a few more clicks of painkiller and my friend came in and we hung out for about 2hrs. I walked around a bit and my friend filled my Rx for me. I was uncomfortable because of gas in my shoulder blades (what???) but it's slowly coming out. The incisions feel a little achy like you have done 100 sit ups but totally bearable.

fruit loop you will do great! Good luck! The worst part is the waiting.

I'm off to sleep for 12hrs :)

Thanks again everyone! XxxLulu

Hey, Lulu, glad everything went well and you are home and recovering. :D

Welcome to Band land. :)

Glad to hear it was an easy go! Thanks for the feedback, and so glad you are doing well! An hour to go for me. . . Hope mine goes as smooth as yours! ???? Sweet dreams

Glad to hear it was an easy go! Thanks for the feedback, and so glad you are doing well! An hour to go for me. . . Hope mine goes as smooth as yours! Sweet dreams

Good Luck FruitLoop! Hope it went well and you are recovering nice and easy. My gas still didn't move overnight but I just got back from a 30min walk and it's doing much better. Sending good vibes and big hugs your way. xx Lulu

Welcome to our World of the Banded! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas & Happy Healthy New Year!

Glad to hear it was an easy go! Thanks for the feedback, and so glad you are doing well! An hour to go for me. . . Hope mine goes as smooth as yours! Sweet dreams

Hey, FruitLoop, how'd it go? I hope all went well and you are recovering well and feeling okay. :D Welcome to the banded life. :D

Hey LuluDemon99 how's is it going? Haven't seen any posts from you lately! Just thought I'd check in with ya, hope all is going well!

Hey LuluDemon99 how's is it going? Haven't seen any posts from you lately! Just thought I'd check in with ya, hope all is going well!

same here Lulu. there's a bunch of us in and around the city working on getting together. Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by gowalking

same here Lulu. there's a bunch of us in and around the city working on getting together. Let me know if you're interested.

Hi guys!

Woah I am so sorry it's been so long, I don't know where the time went! I am here and getting used to this band thing.

I spent most of my holiday break relaxing and going for walks around my neighborhood to relieve the gas pains. Everything went pretty well with my healing and Christmas Eve was my first trip out of the house. I felt kind of weak and a little dizzy after carrying some heavy gifts over to my friends house, but didn't drop anything. Woo! Christmas Eve and day were both hard and easy at the same time. I definitely wanted to eat all the delicious food that was everywhere but only out of habit as I was definitely not hungry. I had a couple of glasses of champagne and my band (who I call Oprah) let me know that she did not enjoy them, haha. I did though.

I saw my surgeon again (well, his helper) and she said my wounds all checked out and the soft foods could begin. Man was I glad to hear that. So the next few days were good and I wasn't eating much at all. Around the 12th day after surgery I started to get REALLY hungry during the day, to the point where my stomach was growling loudly. This basically continues until I had my first fill on the 13th. During this time I could basically eat anything and felt no restriction at all which was SO frustrating!!! I definitely plateaued during that time, in fact I even put on about 3lbs, which made me want to tear my hair out.

I had my first fill on the 13th of Jan and after 4 attempts from 2 nurses to get the needle in I finally got 4ccs in my 10cc band. Sweet relief. At the Dr's it was so tight I could barely hold down Water, but I left knowing that the swelling would go down. The swelling DID go down and now I feel like I almost have no restriction again. Sigh. I can eat anything barring tough meats and fibers that don't break down when I chew them. I have had one or two instances of being "stuck" but they have passed after a minute or so. No vomiting so far. I can even chug water! I have lost the 3lbs I gained though and another 2lbs on top of that so something is working.

Sooooo definitely still looking for my green zone. I am hoping that my next fill will improve things a bit. That is scheduled for 2/4. I know that part of the problem is that I don't make good choices when I am hungry and I let hunger creep up on me when I am busy at work. I need some more high Protein Snacks at work and to find some easy and quick cook at home recipes for dinner times. Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes!

Anyway thank you guys for checking in on me. I truly appreciate it!! I'm looking forward to green zone and for now I know I should Celebrate the 28lbs I have lost since I started this. If you had told me 3 months ago that I would be 28lbs down in 8 weeks after I started the liquid diet, I would have been stoked!

Hope everything is going well for you guys and yes I would love to be part of the next meet up in NYC! Let me know the details.

Thanks again :)

Luluxx

Here's the link to the thread with the details and you can see who's coming as well. Let me know if you have any trouble finding it.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/295421-new-york-city-and-surrounding-suburbs-meet-and-greet/#entry3337045