Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Do You Consume On An AVERAGE Day?

How many calories do you consume in an average day?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How many calories do you consume in an average day?

• 0-400
    • 401-600
    • 601-800
    • 801-1000
    • 1001-1200
    • 1201-1400
    • 1401-1600
    • 1601-1800
    • 1801-2000
    • More than 2000

I use fitday too. I try to keep between 1000-1200 but when I was in need of a fill I was up to 1700-2000. But men and women need different amounts - men need alot more then a women - unless she's nursing!

I average about 1200 a day and that is too much for my body to lose weight but I find if I eat less than that i end up eating more the next day to make up for it (i.e. hungrier, etc.) That is a comfortable level for me and even though I don't lose weight (yes I exercise 4-7 times a week) that's what my body wants/needs so that's what I give it!

BigThunder, eat something for me! I miss eating quantities of food. I would LOVE to eat a 6 or 12" subway sandwich. That will all change when you are banded. Good luck.

IM pre band so i vote 2k+ although its more like 3500+:rolleyes

Ohhhh, that will be changing after banding! LOL

Are you keeping a food journal? If not, might want to consider doing so. It's very rewarding after you are banded to see the differences.

Before my first fill I'd started to get up to around 1400 calories. Between 2nd and 3rd fill it was more like 1100-1300 and after my 3rd fill recently I'm between 900-1100 calories. I'm losing an average of 2 lbs a week so I'm happy at this pace.

I am banded and had my first fill 2/23/7. I am still eating 2000-2500 calories a day. I have been losing some weight since the fill though. I haven't scheduled my next fill yet. I will also say I am eating probably half of what I was before surgery. If that tells ya anything.

Good thread though, I was wondering how I compared to everyone else. I knew I was high but didn't realize so many people eat so few calories.

i've been using sparkpeople.com for my tracking even tho i've been a big slacker all week.

i've been averagig about 1000-1150. I've kinda plateaued tho the last 3 weeks and wnder if its becuse all of my working out. I dont know if I should add more calories or stay where i am. the scale hasn;t moved but today i buttoned pants that i have not in YYEEEAARRSS!!

Good thread though, I was wondering how I compared to everyone else. I knew I was high but didn't realize so many people eat so few calories.

My doc suggests 800 calories daily. The more calories you cut the faster you will lose. I think you might find that with time you'll stop losing if you are eating more than 2000 calories daily.

Have you cut out all sugar?

Nope, I haven't cut out all sugar. I eat if I am hungry, and I am still hungry enough to eat 2000+ calories a day. Which is why I probably have only lost 9lbs to date. I am not going to make any excuses as to why I am not losing more than 1 lb a week. I know why. I am hungry and I am not going on a diet. I am going to eat if I am hungry.