Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Do You Consume On An AVERAGE Day?

How many calories do you consume in an average day?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How many calories do you consume in an average day?

• 0-400
    • 401-600
    • 601-800
    • 801-1000
    • 1001-1200
    • 1201-1400
    • 1401-1600
    • 1601-1800
    • 1801-2000
    • More than 2000

Had my first 4,000+ calorie day since being banded. Have my average up to about 2,800/day now...

Brad

Get it done in Mexico.

I have never counted calories since banding. Its all about the OZ's you consume and getting good protien..............while increaseing physical activity

My DH says I have the best of both worlds...in order to maintain the weight I am now at, I eat between 2500-3000 per day. My metabolism kicked into high gear about the time I got to goal.

Even though I eat quite a few calories a day, I make sure they are good/healthy foods. Little fats, lots of Protein and Fiber and only natural sugars and I prefer to eat 6 small meals compared to 3 meals daily.

My DH says I have the best of both worlds...in order to maintain the weight I am now at, I eat between 2500-3000 per day. My metabolism kicked into high gear about the time I got to goal.

Even though I eat quite a few calories a day, I make sure they are good/healthy foods. Little fats, lots of Protein and fiber and only natural sugars and I prefer to eat 6 small meals compared to 3 meals daily.

Apples2 can I ask how tall you are and do you exercise?

You are really an inspiration!

Apples2 can I ask how tall you are and do you exercise?

You are really an inspiration!

Kelly...I am by no means the "Lapband Poster Child". I struggled like anyone else during the weightloss stage to get to goal. I will admit and am proud of the fact that I diligently worked towards the goal both myself and my LB doc were shooting for. I hit it, upped my calories (was consuming 1200-1400 during weightloss stage) to 1800 and we took off for 2 months vacation in FL. About 2 weeks into it and still consuming 1800 daily, I noticed that my jeans were dropping lower on my hips. Went out and bought a scale. SHOCKED and SCARED. I had dropped 23lbs in that 2 week period. Upped my cals in 200 cal increments throughout the next 6 weeks and figured I needed at least 3000 to maintain where I was at.

I am fine. Came back home and had tons of medical tests and then had a second round of them. Explanation from docs is this: I always weighed around 118-120 my entire adult life until I hit a brick wall with menopause at the age of 38. It was really tough on my body cuz I gained weight really fast during menopause. Sometimes 40lbs a year with not eating any differently. Well, docs figure it is natural for me to be where I am at and my metabolism is where it was prior to menopause (early onset and have been post-menopausal for almost 10 yrs). My body has set itself to where it was b/4. Prior to the age of 38, if I would gain a few pounds I would be able to lose 5lbs in a week just by dropping cals down to 2000. Huge surprise for me when I started gaining at such a rapid pace.

Long explanation...sorry. I am 5' 7", very small boned for my height and I am very, very active. We farm and have a agricultural business on the side so there is not a day that I am not on the run. As far as working out at a gym...not driving the 15 miles one way but I get a mighty good workout just living here.

Kelly...I am by no means the "Lapband Poster Child". I struggled like anyone else during the weightloss stage to get to goal. I will admit and am proud of the fact that I diligently worked towards the goal both myself and my LB doc were shooting for. I hit it, upped my calories (was consuming 1200-1400 during weightloss stage) to 1800 and we took off for 2 months vacation in FL. About 2 weeks into it and still consuming 1800 daily, I noticed that my jeans were dropping lower on my hips. Went out and bought a scale. SHOCKED and SCARED. I had dropped 23lbs in that 2 week period. Upped my cals in 200 cal increments throughout the next 6 weeks and figured I needed at least 3000 to maintain where I was at.

I am fine. Came back home and had tons of medical tests and then had a second round of them. Explanation from docs is this: I always weighed around 118-120 my entire adult life until I hit a brick wall with menopause at the age of 38. It was really tough on my body cuz I gained weight really fast during menopause. Sometimes 40lbs a year with not eating any differently. Well, docs figure it is natural for me to be where I am at and my metabolism is where it was prior to menopause (early onset and have been post-menopausal for almost 10 yrs). My body has set itself to where it was b/4. Prior to the age of 38, if I would gain a few pounds I would be able to lose 5lbs in a week just by dropping cals down to 2000. Huge surprise for me when I started gaining at such a rapid pace.

Long explanation...sorry. I am 5' 7", very small boned for my height and I am very, very active. We farm and have a agricultural business on the side so there is not a day that I am not on the run. As far as working out at a gym...not driving the 15 miles one way but I get a mighty good workout just living here.

Wow,your menopause story is facinating! I hear ya on the gym as I live out in the country and the gym is about 12 miles away, so me and my Weiny dog go for a walk (brisk) and she has to trot the whole way....lol

Wow,your menopause story is facinating! I hear ya on the gym as I live out in the country and the gym is about 12 miles away, so me and my Weiny dog go for a walk (brisk) and she has to trot the whole way....lol

I've never been a gym person but admire ppl who get on the schedule and do classes, trainer, etc. With my life it just does not work. I did do Curves for awhile but just didn't stick with it and gave up.

I ride bike with my dog Tanker (100lb black lab) and walk and am on a dead run most days around here.

I am around 1500 a day.. I am a runner and running about 25 miles a week, I am still losing weight with that amount of calories