Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraging 6 Month Insurance Required Diet :(

So this 25 pounds......it's your nutritionist's goal but NOT an insurance requirement, right? If so, you'll be fine. The 6 month diet is a great way to make the needed changes before surgery. I used every month of mine to change my diet, increase exercise, and practice some post op stuff. I'm about 4 months post op but haven't had caffeine or carbonation in almost 10. It makes your post op SO much easier! During my 6 months I think I only lost 15 pounds....and most of that was during the 2 week preop diet I had. Don't expect any miracles during those 6 months because it's not gonna happen. Just keep your eyes on the prize. You sound like you're doing great so far! The holidays are rough on everyone. I avoided the Thanksgiving temptations because I was at work but I already dread Christmas. Just going to the grocery store is torture right now lol

I am so not looking forward to the next month with all the temptations. But I am over halfway through the 6 months and don't want to start over. I am so glad to hear someone say that all thus makes post surgery easier because I just felt like my insurance was being evil lol.

It's ok to fall off the wagon, it's when you remain off the wagon when you have a problem. shake it off, you got this! I had to do the 6m diet and it will fly by!

I just wish it would go faster! Lol

My 20 pound weight loss was required by my surgeon. They require everyone to lose between 10 and 20 pounds depending on your body shape.

My 20 pound weight loss was required by my surgeon. They require everyone to lose between 10 and 20 pounds depending on your body shape.

My nut told me she wants me to lose 25 pounds or else she told me I have to go on a month of the preop diet. If I lose the 25 I only have to do 2 weeks.