Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, my thanksgiving was good, I did good. Here's my problem. Friday around noon, I broke out into Hives. I can't figure out why. Nothing new, soaps or food. Nothing strange. I went to the doctor Saturday morning, because by the time I realized it was necessary to go, everywhere was closed and made no sense to go to the ER. They pumped me with steroids, nothing worked. Monday, went to immediate care and they did blood tests, and sent me to the allergist. I am on all kinds of antihistamines which is messing with my stomach. I can barely eat normal foods. My tastes are weird. And with being on the steroids I feel like I've ballooned up. Though it might only be 5 lbs, but it's very disheartening. I've worked so hard and to have this happen is so frustrating. They won't be able to test what I'm allergic to, until I'm off all the antihistamines.

I'm trying to hang in there. I just want to stop scratching. :(

the weight you gain while on steriods is generally Water weight. steroids cause edema. so be careful of what you eat. really test your band stoma before swallowing food. if you are swollen so is it. hope you feel better soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope that they can fix what set you off quickly, and get you back to normal!

Thanks all. Whatever this is, it needs to go already. I don't wish this upon my worst enemy. :(

Get some calamine lotion or did they give you any cream to put on in the stores or pharmacy like wallgreens or some where they have caladryl or calamine clear it's the stuf that is used for poision ive or measles to help with the itching , also I have heard of other people being allergic to their band so be careful , hope they find out what is causing it .

Did you see a dermatologist??

I suffer from eczema..they tell me all kinds of things can make it flare up....and it can also be bad this time of year....all the more reason to gt as much Water in daily as possible to deter dry skin....

I also have a Rx cream with steriods in it.....

Also, if it is eczema, Water can aggrevate it, as in bathing, swimming, etc....

Edited by B-52

No dermatologist at least yet. I've been using calamine lotions, cortisone cream. Nothing is helping. The allergist says I need to get tested when this blows over. Which I'm hoping will be soon. And I don't think I'm allergic to the band. I've it now for a year. Hopefully I will find out soon.

I swelled from Water retention 3 weeks ago, everything was tight, even my bras, it ws most uncomfortable, but it was Water, it went away! Best wishes, hopefully you can ge tto the bottom of the probelm. Karen..aka..kll724

Shaz,

Have you changed any medications? Were you recently sick and maybe took an antibiotic? My father had the same thing happen to him and it was from one of his medications. He had been taking it regularly and never had a problem then suddenly too much of it built up in his system and he was covered in hives and has been for month and months on end.

Dr.s did all kinds of tests while he was in the hospital but never checked his medications! So I did...and I had them change the one sulfur based Water pill he was on and now magically all the hives are gone and the itching has stopped.

I certainly hope they find something to treat you with. Good luck and best wishes.

Hi, they will be able to test in a couple of weeks. But I think I'm finally getting relief!! Whew. It's been a rough week. I finally don't itch as much. Thank goodness.

I can say I have not changed a thing. I've gone over everything. This has been very frustrating.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

Well, I'm almost back to normal. Still some itchiness, but much more manageable. But feel very bloated from the steroids. And I finally feel like I can get back to my routine on eating. With all the antihistamines my stomach was all twisted. Glad to be back.

This happened to me once.

I took Aleve for a headache & broke out into what i felt reminded me of chicken pox.

I itched & burned for a week or so.

I didnt know it was from the Aleve at the time so

the 2nd time I took Aleve for a headache i broke out into blisters! From my head to my feet. I had a fever a racing heartbeat & vomitting...

I was hospitalized & also given steroids there in the hospital & also an rx for a month to take home.

It was the NSAID in the Aleve which is in every store bought headache medicine now besides Tylenol.

Wow, that's kind of scary! Thank goodness you're ok. The doctor prescribed another round of steroids. Ugh. :(