Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks A Lot Obamacare!

I'm not nearly as up to speed as the rest of you on obamacare or politics but I do work in healthcare. So far I have seen major effects on people with Medicare. They now refuse to cover outpatient infusions for people that have congestive heart failure. These people come in weekly and it would cost them $4000 oop. They can't afford it so now they will have to come into the hospital when they get really sick but ultimately it is a death sentence much sooner than the diagnosis. Next they are after outpatient chemo. It's scary!! Eventually if you are on Medicare and get sick you can kiss your ass goodbye.

Jaye282, please note that Butterthebean is a BariatricPal Host. Therefore, it is part of his responsibility to look, read and reply and help ensure that members are being respectful and following our rules. You are correct, our rules do not suggest that all threads be about weight loss surgery. However, they do state that rudeness will not be tolerated. They also state the following will not be tolerated:

Posts that are disrespectful or include personal attacks. If another user attacks you, do not reciprocate. Instead, use the Report Post link and an administrator will handle the problem

​Any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form

Posts that contain derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor.

Everyone needs to please keep these rules in mind, and if you would further like to discuss them, feel free to PM me.

Against forum rules.

Edited by *susan*
violation of rules

I'm not nearly as up to speed as the rest of you on obamacare or politics but I do work in healthcare. So far I have seen major effects on people with Medicare. They now refuse to cover outpatient infusions for people that have congestive heart failure. These people come in weekly and it would cost them $4000 oop. They can't afford it so now they will have to come into the hospital when they get really sick but ultimately it is a death sentence much sooner than the diagnosis. Next they are after outpatient chemo. It's scary!! Eventually if you are on Medicare and get sick you can kiss your ass goodbye.

Oh my goodness that is terrible!! In some states insurance is giving policies back. Do you live in a state that has made a decision yet?

thanks for cleaning it up susan

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

Duly noted. Please note that I was offended first. Also, if it doesn't state in bariatric pals rules that all threads be WLS based then please do not dictate the way my threads should go. Being respectful, absolutely. But, you can't make the rules and then change them because the conversation didn't fit your views.

Butterthebean you interpolated your opinion into the conversation followed up with telling me to keep my posts WLS based. If that's how you feel then why did you give an opinion that wasn't WLS based. That seems hypocritical to me. Anyway..

Why did you delete this comment? Because I offended you?

Jaye,

Actually, many of the forum members would support your comments but we recently had this discussion till the topic was frozen by admin due to some nasty comments on both sides. Your "in your face" approach doesn't really fit in here and even though I agree with your view on Obamacare there's no need to be rude and nasty.

Just agree to disagree.

Edited by 2muchfun

Susan and Alex. The quote button isn't working.

Go ahead and delete it. I'll blast this app with a terrible review.

Oh my goodness, I am also from NZ and have been reading all of this with horror. What happened to everyone being here to support each other through shared experiences with WLS? It's not often that I say anything on this site but I am completely blown away at the moment I just had to comment!!!! As we say in good old NZ........CRIKEY!!!!

Is it possible for food to get stuck right above the band for several days? I know I need to go to the dr but I can't because my insurance was canceled and I can't afford to go. Thanks Obamacare!!!! Here's the problem: I had my 8th or 9th fill in October. I had perfect restriction! Then the day after Thanksgiving I couldn't get ANYTHING down. Sliming like crazy etc. I never feel nauseous, never have acid etc. No major problems. Just super tight. I'm wondering if I have food above my band preventing me from getting stuff down. I can get all fluids down including Protein shakes with no problems at all. Last night I was even able to get some nachos down. Before this I could swallow fish oil pills. Big ones! I started my monthly cycle Thanksgiving Day and I put on a couple pounds too! I just can't figure out, why after a month of being fine, I'm soo tight now. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Just needed to quote this. In the IP you tell us you can't afford to go. Yet later you tell is you can afford to go, in fact you tell us you save 10% of whatever it is you earn but you chose not to use it for your health care. Hmm. Interesting. So which is it? Can you, or can you not afford healthcare? Did you lie to us in the OP? or did you lie to us in you later post?

Very interesting response.

By the way, your weird and wonderful perspective on my country is very entertaining, albeit completely wrong. How many times have you visited? I have visited the US on numerous occasions along with many countries on most continents. Your observations seem to based on hastily researched google study as opposed to anything of merit of value. I say this because they are again wrong. So very, very wrong.

There is actually a lot about the US to love. A lot I love on my biannual visits there. But your blinkered vision on healthcare and sociology are not one of those things.

Comparing a 300 Million strong, four-timezone (six timezones if you add HI and AK) MONSTER to NZ is entertainment, nothing more. I laugh at your efforts. USA is still the best place to do business. The opportunities are more abundant and the ability to expand is limitless. In the USA you can grow up poor and die rich leaving millions to 4 generations. In NZ you work just to live. In NZ people cash in their holidays just to get by and make it paycheck to paycheck. Wages are not competitive in NZ. As a matter of fact wages are in the pooper. Usa is way more developed and advanced from malls, theatres, sport, colleges, etc My income in the US allows me to live very comfortably, with numerous choices, high quality everything. I do work a lot. No doubt about it. But 10% of my check goes directly into savings. My husbands too. So you see, i can afford a fill, however, i never touch my savings and it is never included in our budget. Ever! In NZ I'd be poor, living in squalor with fewer choices.You said if my pure capitalist country was working for me then id be able to afford insurance and christmas. Are you a complete idiot? Because this entire posting has been about me paying for my own health care and the ACA caused it to be cancelled. My insurance, that i pay for on my own, paid for my surgery and ALL 8 of my fills. I love living free. I love going to work and paying for my OWN healthcare. It's so rewarding. In NZ interest rates are high. Mortgages can not be fixed for 30 years like in the US. I feel if you are ambitious which you should be, then your chances are better in a bigger country like the US. NZ IS lousy for business and not a place to aspire to become someone big. If someone wanted to move to NZ my advice would be Make your bucks and then move to NZ. I would, however, tell them their life expectancy will be cut in half since everyone knows KIWIS CANNOT DRIVE. Suicide rates are higher. The only thing that's abundant in NZ is meth. Oh and let's not forget your economy thrives on tourism.

For posterity as this contradicts the OP. And for lulz. Because yeah. If you have the savings, why moan in your OP about not being able to afford a fill and Xmas?

As for the claptrap about NZ living in squalor. So, so wrong. So very wrong. I am not offended though, simply amused. My life is good. Really good. I am truly blessed to live in NZ and really value that this nation, my chosen homeland, gave me citizenship. It is such a wonderful life here for me and my family.

Did I do this right? I created an account specifically to comment on this post. At first I just wanted to read it but now I feel I need to comment. I've never had a weight problem so no surgery for me. I'm, Jaye 's best friend and I just wanted to read this thread that she was kicked off of. I gotta say I'm really surprised. She was kicked off for A) defending herself and B) for defending America. You, LouiseC threw the first punch when you called Jaye ignorant among other things. Why did you, susan, not comment on that? Why was she not told to be respectful? I'm not exactly sure why that wasn't flagged. How incredibly rude to attack somebody with names while attacking their country at the same time. Exactly what kind of response did you expect to get? Jaye and I share very different views and we take very different political stances. Let me just make a few things clear. Jaye is a mother of 4 teenagers and a 2 year old. She manages group homes for a living and her husband is a police officer. Yea, they don't make a ton of money and I think it's a miracle they can save at all. I can tell you for a fact, LouiseC that they do have savings. How dare you call her a liar. How dare you! They don't put away money for their retirement. They put away for college funds. You are correct. She would never dip into one dollar of that money for herself. Not even for her port or band or whatever the hell her issue is. How dare you attempt to embarrass or humiliate her on here! How dare you sit in New Zealand and give such a horrible opinion of our country. A country in which your country has chosen to become allies with. I do agree that she should not have said what she said at the end of her post about wrecks and suicide in your country etc. And you know what, when she talked to me about this she said that's all she could come up with because new Zealand is a beautiful great place. But she didn't seek you and start bashing your country. You threw the first punch. Why didn't you give an answer to her problem instead of bashing. You have called her weird, liar, ignorant etc. Why has that not been flagged? She owes an apology but so do others. I'm incredibly taken back. While I don't share her views on obamacare I do share her views about this site. I'm ashamed. It seems this site is extremely discriminatory. Thanks, Katy

This is a bariatric support site..

Please if you have nothing to contribute leave it be.. Also she was not defending America..

What she was doing was bashing other countries. Not cool. Some of the things she said were edited so you are not reading the full story here.

Again not sure why you are here..

But have a good evening..

So I've been reading up on states not wanting to accept Obamacare. Oklahoma is a huge advocate against it along with several other states but I have found that South Carolina is actually passing a bill that will completely nullify Obamacare. It passed the house in April by a wide margin and is up to pass in the senate in January which they already believe it will. This will be huge if it passes and will make great strides towards other states passing "freedom of health care protection acts." What I find funny about South Carolina passing the bill is this, South Carolina is also the state in which the Civil War started. I find that very interesting....

So I've been reading up on states not wanting to accept Obamacare. Oklahoma is a huge advocate against it along with several other states but I have found that South Carolina is actually passing a bill that will completely nullify Obamacare. It passed the house in April by a wide margin and is up to pass in the senate in January which they already believe it will. This will be huge if it passes and will make great strides towards other states passing "freedom of health care protection acts." What I find funny about South Carolina passing the bill is this, South Carolina is also the state in which the Civil War started. I find that very interesting....

i grew up in charleston....thought id toss that out there for no particular reason :)