Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessions!of A Pre-Op Drama Queen!

SO SORY TO BOTHER YALL AGAIN BUT I HAVE A COUPLE THINGS ON MY MIND....SO I FEEL LIKE RECENTLY EVER SINCE I MADE MY MIND UP FOR THIS SLEEVE PEOPLE WHOM I HAVENT SPOKEN TO FOR MONTHS ARE CALLING(THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT MY DECISION BECUASE I HAVENT TOLD THEM) OK YOU GUYS MAKE THINK THIS IS RIDICULOUS OR DRASTIC BUT IMMA SAY IT ANYHOW....GROWING UP I WAS TOLD THAT RIGHT BEFORE SOMEONE DIES THEY START TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS AND PEOPLE.BEGIN TO COMMUNICATE TO THEM MORE ETC..ETC...SO WHEN PEOPLE CONTACT ME LKKE CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAM IT KINDA PUTS THAT THOUGHT IN MY MIND AND MY IMAGINATION RUNS AWAY WITH ME...(THAT IS SOMETGING I JUST DONT TELL PEOPLE) AND ALSO I FEEL VERY INSECURE ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING....I JUST DONT KNOW IF THATS NORMAL TO BE FEELING THAT WAY...BUT I FEEL LIKE WHAT IF IT DOESNT WORK..WHAT IF I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE ISSUES AFTER THAT....GUYS THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS THAT CONSTANTLY KILL ME WHEN THEY FILL MY HEAS PLEASE TELL ME THAT SOMEONE ELAE HAS FELT THIS WAY...AND THAT IM NOT OVER REACTING AND OVER THINKING THE WHOLE THING??? THANK YOU GUYA FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO READ MY MESS....I REALLY LIKE THAT I HAVE THE SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE I CANT EVEN SEE YOU GUYS ARE LIKE MY SECOND FAMILY...THERES ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE THAT HAVE MADE THEMSELF SO AVAILABLE TO ME AND FOR THAT I AM GREATFUL... BUT I WANT YALL TO STICK WITH ME HERE THESE 2 WEEKS WILL BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST MILE STONES I EVER WILL ENCOUNTER IN LIFE.

I can relate to the anxiety you're having. I damn near drove myself crazy stressing about it.

Sometimes it would keep me up at night.

I hope you find peace with whatever choice you make and everything works out.

post-164655-0-61710800-1385783323_thumb.jpg

Would u ever say it was as bad as u thought it was gonna b?

For me it went really well. I had my surgery in Mexico.

I'm glad I did it and I'm healthier and happier because of it.

I went into it hopeful and terrified. I came out of it hopeful and terrified. :-)

I have those thoughts all the time. But I have a higher chance dying if I don't get the surgery. I have severe sleep apnea, high blood pressure and spinal stenosis that makes it painful to get around.

I'm scheduled for my last nutrition appointment Friday and I'm already scared. But I'm gonna do what I have to. I wanna be around longer than a few more years. This is my chance.

For me it went really well. I had my surgery in Mexico.

I'm glad I did it and I'm healthier and happier because of it.

I went into it hopeful and terrified. I came out of it hopeful and terrified. :-)

How was ypur weight loss as the lonths went on? Progressed fast? Or alot of stalls?

I have those thoughts all the time. But I have a higher chance dying if I don't get the surgery. I have severe sleep apnea, high blood pressure and spinal stenosis that makes it painful to get around.

I'm scheduled for my last nutrition appointment Friday and I'm already scared. But I'm gonna do what I have to. I wanna be around longer than a few more years. This is my chance.

When is your surgery date do you know? Do u have a preop diet?

Yep, you are a drama queen. ;-> Time to relax! I don't know where you got that silly idea from, but that's all it is, a silly idea. People start looking up old friends as the holidays near--nothing more than that. Enjoy the reconnecting, but don't read anything else into it.

You are going to be fine as long as you stop worrying and stressing yourself. People do this every day and then go home from the hospital and get on with their lives---healthier and happier than ever before. I am at least twice your age and I sailed through surgery and recovery! Pain meds the day after surgery, but didn't need anything after that. No nausea. Went home by myself, took care of myself and started working the following week. If I can do this, so can you. If you continue to fret, make an appointment and go talk with a therapist.

Take good care of yourself and stop worrying. You are going to be just fine!

Hello

We all have a habbit to listen to those old wise tells. If this is something you need to do to help you with your health you pray about it and do the best thing ever and that is put it in Gods hands.

My husband just had Gastric Bypass he had problems after he had to go back to the hospital. I was scared I did not know what to think my mind was going crazy. Now along with all of that four days after that a Elder Lady that that I adopted as mom past on that Saturday. After I got the call about that I called my pastor to let him know he then tell me that another Elder Lady had just past that we knew. Now my mind was going crazy because wise tells says people dies in 3's so what was I thinking then? The next morning I get a call from my sister and she tell me a Elder Lady from our home town past so my mind was really going crazy. Look I said all of this to say Don't Borrow Trouble if this is what you want to do and it will help you do it. I could go on and tell you my on testomony but this is about you I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless You

PS how do you know everyboby calling now that may been Gods way to let you know you are not alone.

One day at a time... and post op, every day is a little bit better than the one before, then all of a sudden it feels "normal". I'm in my 50s and sailed through my op and recovery - not as easily as the poster immediately before me, but still very good. Of course my recovery doesn't tell you what your recovery will be like... no one can tell you that, not even your doctor. But the odds are definately with you... more so if you have health issues that weight loss will help to resolve.

When you get those "crazy" ideas zipping around in your head (and we all get them from time to time), remember that over 90% of people die in their pyjamas... yet not one govt in the world has ever declared pj's a health hazard. Spooky, eh? No, of course not... but the silliest ideas can become "truth" in the wrong hands.

When is your surgery date do you know? Do u have a preop diet?

I don't get my date until after my appointment Friday. I have been having to have a shake each morning and eat lean and green. I totally failed yesterday. Thanksgiving dinner I stuffed myself. Plus I had leftovers today. Ugh. Back to my diet tomorrow. I've had to do this diet 3 months. I try and stick with it the best I can but have probably had too many food funerals because I've only lost 11 pounds.

I think the best thing to do is to remind yourself of why you are having the surgery. I did that when I had a moment of panic about one week before surgery. It really put the whole issue back into the proper perspective. My reasons were to preclude diabetes and other health repercussions of obesity and to improve the quality of my life. Think about yours.

Yep, you are a drama queen. ;-> Time to relax! I don't know where you got that silly idea from, but that's all it is, a silly idea. People start looking up old friends as the holidays near--nothing more than that. Enjoy the reconnecting, but don't read anything else into it.

You are going to be fine as long as you stop worrying and stressing yourself. People do this every day and then go home from the hospital and get on with their lives---healthier and happier than ever before. I am at least twice your age and I sailed through surgery and recovery! Pain meds the day after surgery, but didn't need anything after that. No nausea. Went home by myself, took care of myself and started working the following week. If I can do this, so can you. If you continue to fret, make an appointment and go talk with a therapist.

Take good care of yourself and stop worrying. <em>You are going to be just fine!</em>

Ok ill try my best!! :-(

Hello

We all have a habbit to listen to those old wise tells. If this is something you need to do to help you with your health you pray about it and do the best thing ever and that is put it in Gods hands.

My husband just had Gastric Bypass he had problems after he had to go back to the hospital. I was scared I did not know what to think my mind was going crazy. Now along with all of that four days after that a Elder Lady that that I adopted as mom past on that Saturday. After I got the call about that I called my pastor to let him know he then tell me that another Elder Lady had just past that we knew. Now my mind was going crazy because wise tells says people dies in 3's so what was I thinking then? The next morning I get a call from my sister and she tell me a Elder Lady from our home town past so my mind was really going crazy. Look I said all of this to say Don't Borrow Trouble if this is what you want to do and it will help you do it. I could go on and tell you my on testomony but this is about you I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless You

PS how do you know everyboby calling now that may been Gods way to let you know you are not alone.

Tht whole story scared the crap outta me...it made it a lil wose

One day at a time... and post op, every day is a little bit better than the one before, then all of a sudden it feels "normal". I'm in my 50s and sailed through my op and recovery - not as easily as the poster immediately before me, but still very good. Of course my recovery doesn't tell you what your recovery will be like... no one can tell you that, not even your doctor. But the odds are definately with you... more so if you have health issues that weight loss will help to resolve.

When you get those "crazy" ideas zipping around in your head (and we all get them from time to time), remember that over 90% of people die in their pyjamas... yet not one govt in the world has ever declared pj's a health hazard. Spooky, eh? No, of course not... but the silliest ideas can become "truth" in the wrong hands.

Wow!!!! Im gonna try to thonk positive but some of these stories are making it worse:-(