Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hi everyone!!! I am so glad this thread was started! I am a 31 year old married mother to two miracle boys. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and finally decided a few months ago that if I kept things up I was never going to enjoy my kids, see them grow, and I was setting a horrible example for them. This decision brought me to the VSG. I saw my surgeon, Dr Schneider, in Boston, MA yesterday and was cleared for surgery. Surgery date is 2/24. I need to lose at least 10 lbs before then, and pre-op diet starts two weeks prior. I am excited and nervous! 2 months and counting! I see we have the same date rpcamper! :)

Hi Pepper 1382 :)

Yes we do have the same date, can't believe it's just a bit over 2 mos. and our big day to getting small will be here. I for one feel that that that couple of months have blown by. Granted there have been quite a bit of hoopes to jump through and being overweight isn't easy, lol (I actually mean medical appointments and nutriction classes). I know I am ready to get healthy and being smaller won't be bad either. I want to wish you all the best in your journey and keep in touch :D Rosemary

Hi everyone!!! I am so glad this thread was started! I am a 31 year old married mother to two miracle boys. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and finally decided a few months ago that if I kept things up I was never going to enjoy my kids, see them grow, and I was setting a horrible example for them. This decision brought me to the VSG. I saw my surgeon, Dr Schneider, in Boston, MA yesterday and was cleared for surgery. Surgery date is 2/24. I need to lose at least 10 lbs before then, and pre-op diet starts two weeks prior. I am excited and nervous! 2 months and counting! I see we have the same date rpcamper! :)

Fingers crossed I can have mine in February. It is up to my insurance to give me the clear!! If not it will be march or April.

My surgery is scheduled for 2/3. It feels so u real even typing that! All i have left is pre-op testing (egd, ekg, blood work). Preop diet starts two weeks prior and I need to lose 5 lbs.

I need to seriously start stocking up on the liquids, food scale/measuring cups that I will need post op!

Good luck to all of you on your journey!

Congrats to everyone! I personally am SO excited! I can't wait for my life to BEGIN! I'm going to Mexico alone as a self-pay for my surgery...nervous? a little, about the surgery...excited...absolutely! Some days I have thoughts wondering why am i doing this, and "am i sure i can't lose weight by myself without such a drastic surgery"?...but most days, i just wish my day were here already! As of right now I have 58 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes and 17 seconds till my surgery ;)

I also complete my last nutrition visit for the 3 month supervised diet on January 13th, 2014. My surgery should be in February if all goes well. We're shooting for the 11th or 18th but as with all things.... its subject to change. I wish everyone good luck and positive results.

I don't have a set date yet I have my last visit in late January then they will set my date. I am nervous as I know many of us are I almost thought to change my mind. But my DR. gave me some really give advice yesterday and reassured me that this is the best decision for me. *fingers crossed*

I am scheduled for mid February. Can't wait. I still have a few hurdles to complete in January but I will get it done. I am sooo focused, this is all I can think about. Good luck to everyone.

My last NUT appointment is Feb 14th. I'm doubtful I'll get through approval and on the schedule before March. I had my head set on Jan/Feb. feels like a defeat to wait til March. (Sigh). I'm in Nashville (dr.Williams at Vanderbilt).

I am tentatively scheduled for VSG in mid-February in NJ. I am 34, married, mom to a 4 year old and a lawyer. My starting weight is 248, though my highest weight ever was 265. I am still apprehensive about the surgery, but also excited to get started on changing my life.

I am waiting to go into my weigh in and then next month I meet with my surgeon on January 9... Keeping me honest thru the holidays! I hope. To have it done by the end of feb. Married mom to a 6 yr old. I was at 312 in August and made the decision sept 1... Today weighed in at 279.6! 32 lbs on my own... Finger crossed I get cleared!!!

February 3rd!! Only 5 short weeks away and life changes forever! Sweet! Well, as long as my diverticulitis doesn't act up, I'll be getting the VSG! If it acts up, diverticulitis surgery first!

Fingers crossed!!

Hello everyone in this thread. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. In case you weren't aware, there is a forum for every year and month for people having sleeve surgery.

Here is the link to the February 2014 members. http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/999-february-2014-sleevers/

I hope you all continue to bond together and support each other along the way.

Good luck to everyone in your surgery and journey.

Feb. 13 here! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time but this is my valentines day gift to myself! Good luck everyone!