Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

My surgery is February 10th I can't wait to start my new life but im just a little nervous of the surgery it self also doing or eatting anything wrong!!

Edited by Lulusmom

I am brand new to this forum! I went yesterday for my surgical consult. I have been going since October 2013 to my group-Tri-State Bariatrics. My insurance had me lose 12lbs-well yesterday, I am down 13! So I am scheduled to have my surgery on Feb.12th. I even got all my pre-op blood work done too. Got all the papers signed and the green light is on!

I am nervous and hopeful all at once. I have had type 2 diabetes since 1998. I was put on insulin in Feb.2009 when I fell on black ice-nasty stuff-for a trimaellor fracture with dislocation. I wasn't able to have the surgery because of the diabetes to put pins and plates in. I might have gotten an infection and ended up losing my leg from the knee down. I'd rather limp thank you. The insulin also promotes bone growth in diabetics-but honestly I have had enough of stabbing myself 4 times a day. I want the weight off as eventually the ankle will need to be fused and I want to put it off as long as possible-not bring it on quicker!

My best friend was sleeved on July 3rd. She's now down 76lbs. She's my support and my sounding board. She's going to go with us when I go for the surgery. I am blessed to have someone like her in my life.

Wishing everyone here best of luck! Let's get this new year off to a grand start. :)

Hello all. I have had a very eventful week. Before I get to that please let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal. I'm 33 yrs old and mother of 3 boys. I'm at my heaviest weight to date. In 2011 I lost both of my parents 4 months apart. My dad was a type 2 diabetic and had his second stroke in June. He was 60. My mother was 300lbs. + my whole life and developed cirrhosis of the liver due to fatty liver. We lost her in Oct. She was 56. Since then my weight has shot up by approx. 40 lbs. and I truly consider myself in midlife based on my parents' fate and the rate I'm going.

So this week has been life changing. I met someone at work & we were discussing her amazing 100 lb. loss. I expressed to her that I have considered surgery in the past but my insurance denied me. She then hesitantly told me she had a VSG. She was hesitant because no one but her husband knows. She told me a funny story about one of her visits to the surgeon and encouraged me to continue to pursue it and she would help support me in any way she could. She said that her husband was very supportive and they managed their money so they could pay for her to have the surgery without going through their insurance. That evening I went home and shared my encounter with my husband. Sharing this story was more for the funny story she told me. Later my husband came to me and said we can figure out how to pay for you if that is what you want. I was over the moon and have been since. I see the surgeon on Feb 11th. So I hope to have surgery by early March. Because I'm not going through insurance I don't think I have to go through all of the requirements. We will see. Prayers would be greatly appreciated as I try to wait patiently. I hope that I can make some great supportive friends here. Thank you for reading my story.

Hi I'm paula and my surgery date is 2/24/14 getting very nervous!

Welcome Paula. How exciting!

My surgery is February 10th I can't wait to start my new life but im just a little nervous of the surgery it self also doing or eatting anything wrong!!

We have the same date good luck, can you believe it's coming up so soon.

Ok. So it's 1:23 am in L.A. now. My husband took me out to a nice dinner for my last non-liquid meal prior to surgery. This is ACTUALLY going to happen! I should be asleep already but my mind is racing so I figured I'd check in with all of you. What are you gonna drink all day today (Superbowl Sunday)? I guess beer and wine aren't on the approved pre-op menu (LOL). I decided to skip going to the party with our family. I don't want to subject myself to watching everyone else pig out on chips and guacamole, etc. Maybe I'll watch a few episodes of Ellen and enjoy some laughs. Maybe take a nice walk? I'm due to check into the hospital at 5:45 am Monday and MUST get some sleep tomorrow night. Praying for no complications and minimal pain for all of us.

We have the same date good luck, can you believe it's coming up so soon.

Good luck to u too!!!!! Its coming up so fast!!!!

Edited by Lulusmom

Welcome cwang!

I have surgery on 2/11/14

Praying for no complications and minimal pain for all of us.

Lord I pray you go before charlieblue tomorrow morning. Guide the surgeon's hands and give him wisdom in her situation. You are our healer and provider. We accept right now that you will provider her with success in her weight loss and that her body will heal with no complications. We thank you for this procedure and the opportunity to take care of our bodies for they are your temple. Help each one of us to live for you and let others see you in our lives. Please help us all to see your work in our lives through this surgery. Let this be our greatest testimony of your love. All of these things are asked in the name of your son Jesus Christ. AMEN!

my surgery is feb.12