Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Me Wrap My Head Around This...

There is a fantastic web site that is helping me understand just how normal i am myself these days ( link below ) :-) I'm 17 lbs from my goal i also sort of pulled out of my head? I have surpassed my doctors goal for me by almost 10 lbs now. He told me not to worship the number or the mirror, just keep being healthy. I am still going to try for my goal, 135 is right in the sweet spot for BMI for my height but I am very happy with where i am and how things have been going. Seeing the images on this webpage have also helped get my fat girl brain in sync with the amazing changes that have occurred during this weight loss. She is still there, telling me the same thing when i pull jeans out of the drier or go shopping, but i am working with her. Lovingly as i can :-)

They did a great job of categorizing all the different types of bodies and ages etc... to help put some of the differences in perspective. I am shocked to see all the small girls in my age, weight and body type category lol... Maybe this will help you some? :-)

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

I should be brave enough to post there also, but not quite there :-)

It's funny(funny strange, not funny ha ha). When people compliment my weight loss progress to date I always respond "thanx, but I still have so far to go."

It's funny(funny strange, not funny ha ha). When people compliment my weight loss progress to date I always respond "thanx, but I still have so far to go."

Ugh! Me tooooooooo! After, I am so disgusted with myself for saying so.

Don't they have one of those for men?

http://mybodygalleryformen.com/

LOL....I'd like to say thanks but I put in my height and weight and no results found. WTF?

So go on and put yourself in there. Seems if maybe men aren't as obsessed as we women are with this type of thing? Or maybe they just aren't as educated on the whole selfie thing? ;)

Oh and for the women's one I had to put 10lbs LESS than what I weigh because when I put what I weigh in there, it gives me mostly women that are +10lbs MORE than what I weigh.

Maybe try that...

Seela, I am very much the same as you. I haven't always been big so when I look in the mirror I still see me at 130 pounds. It isn't till I see photographs that I see the enormity of my 260 pounds. It is so easy to be in denial but it's not a healthy frame of mind. We have to face what we really look like and how we really feel and use that as our motivators. I can't wait for my sleeve date but sometimes I wish our surgeons were providing more extensive mental health care for us because I know its not just my appetite. It's my head that needs help.

mybodygallery was discouraging for me, because when I typed in my numbers people who absolutely look nothing like me popped up, we're talking washboard stomachs, matchstick arms. And the opposite too, women who looked close to me, but who claimed they were in like a size 8.

mybodygallery was discouraging for me, because when I typed in my numbers people who absolutely look nothing like me popped up, we're talking washboard stomachs, matchstick arms. And the opposite too, women who looked close to me, but who claimed they were in like a size 8.

globe, I def found ladies with different sizes than me... like you say, flat stomachs but others that looked quite a bit like I think i look, it goes to show the variety of ways that women can wear a height and weight! Lots of them wore a smaller size than me too....I think at some point I will post a pic, to join the variety!... without a head of course... ;P

Edited by feedyoureye

I don't like those galleries. I've looked before but it stresses me out comparing myself to another. In my mind, I'm the one who will always be lacking...

I can't find anyone who really looks like me either. So much regret when I see those smooth rounded tummies and then look at my hanging lumpy monstrosity. Why couldn't i realize I didn't look so bad on the way up?

I bought some size 12 tops today. Two of them fit now and two are still a bit snug. I also had to buy new bras. Let me see if I can convert the sizes to the American ones. 14D is 36D down from 20DD is 42DD. But don't look inside the cup for gods sake because it looks like a big dehydrated peach in each cup. But I guess what I mean is I have definitely changed size and shape but it is so hard to see it. I still feel the same shape.

I can't find anyone who really looks like me either. So much regret when I see those smooth rounded tummies and then look at my hanging lumpy monstrosity. Why couldn't i realize I didn't look so bad on the way up? I bought some size 12 tops today. Two of them fit now and two are still a bit snug. I also had to buy new bras. Let me see if I can convert the sizes to the American ones. 14D is 36D down from 20DD is 42DD. But don't look inside the cup for gods sake because it looks like a big dehydrated peach in each cup. But I guess what I mean is I have definitely changed size and shape but it is so hard to see it. I still feel the same shape.

Ha! Dehydrated peach! How true. I had melons and now shriveled peaches too! I don't really care, though. All those gripes about gaping blouses and buttons in happy with no gaps now! Lol