Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FYE I really love the pics.....so active and energetic, I need to get my bike out and start doing some hiking...I am so lazy.....now that I said it, I need to change it. LOL

Yesterday I was really totally brain dead. I got it in my head that a double chocolate Frapp at Star Bucks was about 300 calories and that I can handle that in my calorie intake. So i had one. I forgot about the all the sugar in there and today I gained a 1/2 lb. Like duh! Sugar causes inflammation which equals Water retention. So now that is off my list. today is a new day and no sugar and keep calories under or around 700 to detox....

I had a consultation with the bariatric case manager a couple of months ago and she told me that as a bariatric patient, I should not be going over 1200 calories or I will gain weight....so I asked for life, and she said yep. So no goodies for me because after all, I did gain when I was eating all those sugars and stuff. :(

FYE I am really looking forward to seeing the photos of you modeling. Before the surgery you looked like you were about 40 years old, I bet you look look young now too.....<3

Georgia I had started looking at my goal at being 150 lbs to and I was always around 148 to 150 until Xmas. Now I look back and realize that I had set myself up and gave myself some slack to hang myself. i did a very good job at it too. So now it's time to real in the slack and go for 140 lbs. I realized once again that I don't really need that extra cr*p I was eating and it didn't make me feel good. I just wish my kids would start taking better care of themselves weight wise too. happy Sunday everyone....

BTW has anyone heard from Laura or Cherie? Gosh I miss them....

Gerogia, hopefully someone will be taking pics... I had to dig out three "before" images... I had my husband do it, as he is the picture taker on our trips and such. Boy or boy! I was one fat girl! I can hardly believe it was me, and I could hardely believe it was me then! It didn't ever really feel like the real me. I feel much more like the real me now. Here are the "before" pics I sent in for the show.

Great pics! Looking forward to seeing your modeling pics, too!

FYE I really love the pics.....so active and energetic, I need to get my bike out and start doing some hiking...I am so lazy.....now that I said it, I need to change it. LOL

Yesterday I was really totally brain dead. I got it in my head that a double chocolate Frapp at Star Bucks was about 300 calories and that I can handle that in my calorie intake. So i had one. I forgot about the all the sugar in there and today I gained a 1/2 lb. Like duh! Sugar causes inflammation which equals Water retention. So now that is off my list. today is a new day and no sugar and keep calories under or around 700 to detox....

I had a consultation with the bariatric case manager a couple of months ago and she told me that as a bariatric patient, I should not be going over 1200 calories or I will gain weight....so I asked for life, and she said yep. So no goodies for me because after all, I did gain when I was eating all those sugars and stuff. :(

FYE I am really looking forward to seeing the photos of you modeling. Before the surgery you looked like you were about 40 years old, I bet you look look young now too.....<3

Georgia I had started looking at my goal at being 150 lbs to and I was always around 148 to 150 until Xmas. Now I look back and realize that I had set myself up and gave myself some slack to hang myself. i did a very good job at it too. So now it's time to real in the slack and go for 140 lbs. I realized once again that I don't really need that extra cr*p I was eating and it didn't make me feel good. I just wish my kids would start taking better care of themselves weight wise too. happy Sunday everyone....

BTW has anyone heard from Laura or Cherie? Gosh I miss them....

Yeah, 1200 calories for the rest of the world Is a diet, and for some of it's enough to gain weight. I try not to think about it like that too often, lol.

@@Georgia Thanks for the website. I'm going to give some of them a try. Another thing that I do is use spaghetti squash in place Pasta. It already comes in spaghetti form when you bake it.

Today will be a fast day for me. Wish me luck. Good thing, too. Yesterday was less than stellar. And by that, I mean GRAZING. I know why obesity rates are so high in Michigan. It's too cold and miserable to get out!

Here's to you all, ladies! Have a good one.

Well as imperfect as week one was, . I still lost 2#!

I know that my fast days never hit 500 calories, and if I did hit 500, maybe I would lose 2 lbs instead of l lb. I am happy with just 1 lb too. In the last 3 days I have eaten approximately 700 to 800 calories and I have lost 3 lbs totally. So what can be better than that. I feel confident now that I can get this excess weight off... But I know this won't last long, I will start grazing again when I let my guard up. So I need to devise a plan where I can catch myself and get back on track. This is a great group and a great plan to be on. MichiganChic you are doing great! Keep it up. And I can also live with 1200 calories as long as it's not sugar. :)

Sheryl you will get back into those size 4 jeans feeling comfy with some stretch.... :)

I believe that we will all get back down. Here's to a great start of 2015..... :)

You girls are rocking it! Great losses!

Yesterday was a fast day for me, and I came in at 540 calories. Honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to do it. There is some serious instant gratification and self satisfaction when I can, though. Does anyone else feel like that? @@Ms skinniness eating that low for several days in a row also makes me feel accomplished. Awesome for you!

I am still having so much problem with Fluid retention that its a little disheartening. Last Saturday I was down to 164, and yesterday I was 169. Today 167. I'm not going to let it discourage me, but I'll be glad to get out of post-plastics swell hell! It's likely going to be a few months....and then it will be summer, and the humidity makes me retain fluids....can't win, lol.

Have a good one!

I came in at 584 calories, 24 carbs, and 61g Protein, and I've lost nothing. In fact, I've gained a pound this week. Sigh. My husband ate similarly to me this week (except more in quantity on non-fast days), and he lost 8 pounds. I'm really trying not to be discouraged, but I swear, it feels like I've not even had weight loss surgery. I'm not throwing in the towel or anything, and I intend to remain conscious about my eating even here on these non-fast days. I'm just feeling very frustrated that I can't be one of those bariatric patients that "eats everything in moderation" and posts pictures of themselves on Instagram eating chicken and waffles at goal weight only 7 months post-op while I still pick at my Protein laden salad and track all the details of everything I ingest, and still have 50 pounds to go at almost 14 months post-op.

I also feel very frustrated that my surgeon's office isn't much help in this area. They promoted themselves as the weight loss experts as I went through all the training and education pre-op, and now that I can't seem to lose here post-op, they have no real advice. I've been told to drop calories, raise calories, do intermittent fasting, never do intermittent fasting, eat more carbs, cut carbs, etc. So much conflicting information from my personal set of experts, and I feel like if I knew the answers or knew what to do, I would have been able to lose the weight without weight loss surgery. So frustrating.

That said, I really do wonder if the calories are too much for me. I was hitting 1000 calories a day very soon after surgery, and was bumped up to 1200 calories a day before 6 months. My weight loss slowed significantly at about 4.5 months post-op when that calorie count increased, and when I asked the NUT about it, I was advised I would go into "starvation mode," etc. The only other real weight I've lost since then was another 10 pounds in June when I developed sepsis after getting an infection in my foot after stepping on a piece of glass. I spent almost a week not eating anything, being sustained entirely by IV fluids and large doses of antibiotics. I lost then, and I've not really lost since. A handful of pounds in tiny little increments, but not ten more. Not in all these months.

I know I've read of others who have to eat fewer than 1000 calories a day to lose weight, usually around the 800 daily calorie range. I'm wondering if I might be one of those people, and I'm absolutely overwhelmed at the thought. I know I can find plenty of things that keep me in that 800 calorie range, but the thought of calculating so carefully for however long it takes to lose these last 50 -- I swear, I could cry. Anyway, thank you for letting me vent. If you have some opinions, or some words of advice from your teams of experts, I'd love to hear them.

AJH, I don't track calories so I can't help with that, but I only lose weight with 5:2 if I do intermittant fasting AND eat fairly restrictive on the "normal" days. I also need to stay very active etc... in fact my change in activity level over last few months definately contributed to my regain.

So, I think it is important to not get discouraged - I can easily gain a pound or two or three even if I have eaten quite well - Water weight happens. Women also lose incredibly slower than men.

I get best results restricting carbs very severely. I know that isn't for everyone, but I would not have made goal without going uber low carb. I would have stopped at about 190 or so.... essentially still 30-50 pounds overweight. Such is my fate.

So, I guess we all have to decide the level of .... insane dedication ... we are willing to make. I am not sure the right answer.

What is everyone eating on fastdays and also regular days that is helping to keep your carbs so low. The recipes I find seem to be for things my family and I won't eat and have crazy ingredients.

I came in at 584 calories, 24 carbs, and 61g Protein, and I've lost nothing. In fact, I've gained a pound this week. Sigh. My husband ate similarly to me this week (except more in quantity on non-fast days), and he lost 8 pounds. I'm really trying not to be discouraged, but I swear, it feels like I've not even had weight loss surgery. I'm not throwing in the towel or anything, and I intend to remain conscious about my eating even here on these non-fast days. I'm just feeling very frustrated that I can't be one of those bariatric patients that "eats everything in moderation" and posts pictures of themselves on Instagram eating chicken and waffles at goal weight only 7 months post-op while I still pick at my Protein laden salad and track all the details of everything I ingest, and still have 50 pounds to go at almost 14 months post-op.

I also feel very frustrated that my surgeon's office isn't much help in this area. They promoted themselves as the weight loss experts as I went through all the training and education pre-op, and now that I can't seem to lose here post-op, they have no real advice. I've been told to drop calories, raise calories, do intermittent fasting, never do intermittent fasting, eat more carbs, cut carbs, etc. So much conflicting information from my personal set of experts, and I feel like if I knew the answers or knew what to do, I would have been able to lose the weight without weight loss surgery. So frustrating.

That said, I really do wonder if the calories are too much for me. I was hitting 1000 calories a day very soon after surgery, and was bumped up to 1200 calories a day before 6 months. My weight loss slowed significantly at about 4.5 months post-op when that calorie count increased, and when I asked the NUT about it, I was advised I would go into "starvation mode," etc. The only other real weight I've lost since then was another 10 pounds in June when I developed sepsis after getting an infection in my foot after stepping on a piece of glass. I spent almost a week not eating anything, being sustained entirely by IV fluids and large doses of antibiotics. I lost then, and I've not really lost since. A handful of pounds in tiny little increments, but not ten more. Not in all these months.

I know I've read of others who have to eat fewer than 1000 calories a day to lose weight, usually around the 800 daily calorie range. I'm wondering if I might be one of those people, and I'm absolutely overwhelmed at the thought. I know I can find plenty of things that keep me in that 800 calorie range, but the thought of calculating so carefully for however long it takes to lose these last 50 -- I swear, I could cry. Anyway, thank you for letting me vent. If you have some opinions, or some words of advice from your teams of experts, I'd love to hear them.

I can fully understand your frustration. With that said, I know MANY of us who cannot eat above 800-1000 to lose. I Never ate more than that and most of the time below that reaching goal. I, for one, don't think you go into starvation mode if you are eating SMART and getting enough protein.

There are those using 5:2 who have fought for every pound lost after reaching a certain point. I know Sheryl Has said she literally FOUGHT Hard for the last 50 pounds with very extremely low carbs.

FYE has had to fight to and it's taken a couple of years!

Again, each of us is different. Lynda has said for her to lose she cuts to 800 calories a day.

For me, I lost 27 pounds of regain last year using 5:2 but I had to be VERY STRINGENT AND EAT CLEAN in the rest of the week to continue to lose. And I know that if I get above 1200/1300 I WILL and have gained. ????????

You got this! We can do it!

As for me, I did so good last week Til SUNDAY when I completely fell off the Wagon! My 3 pound loss kinda disappeared. I'm hoping when I weigh tomorrow morning after good fast today, it will reappear. ????

605 cal less 99 for exercise. I'll take it!!

What is everyone eating on fastdays and also regular days that is helping to keep your carbs so low. The recipes I find seem to be for things my family and I won't eat and have crazy ingredients.

I eat thin sliced deli turkey rolled up with 2% cheese slice (half in each) for a "go to". Only 100 calories for 6 slices and 1 slice cheese makes two rollups. I had chicken stirfry tonight. Birdseye oriental veggies (1 cup 50 calories ) and 2 ounces diced chicken breast 75 calls.

I keep the Butterball turkey sticks on hand. Only 20 cals a stick and good.

I actually don't worry too much about carbs. I try to eat lower carb but maintain low calories 500-600)

As for me, I did so good last week Til SUNDAY when I completely fell off the Wagon! My 3 pound loss kinda disappeared. I'm hoping when I weigh tomorrow morning after good fast today, it will reappear.

605 cal less 99 for exercise. I'll take it!!

Yep Georgia, me too. However, I have to weigh daily. I'd be 300 pounds if I didn't. I hope your hard work pays off. We know it's only Water, you can't gain that in a day :)