Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Okay friends, this latest fill is really kicking in... I only ate about 400 calories yesterday and about 800 the day before and unfortunately yesterday I had my worst PB and sliming episode ever so I am definitely going back to full fluids and mushies today to get my calories back up and to give this fill more time to settle in and for me to learn what I can and can't eat.

I am doing a happy dance this morning because the weight is dropping since Monday as well after being pretty stubborn.

Has anyone gone off of meds and gained? And I mean GAINED? My Dr. took me off me off my blood pressure meds (yeah!) but now I gained 12 pounds. YIKES. I'm down two from there but still I'm up 10 and now I won't make my 100 loss by my bandiversary Oct 9. Anyone have similar experience?

And yes, I could go back on a Water pill but I don't really want another med in my system.

And no, I'm not changing my ticker back up.

Susan

Seebs

I went off my cholesterol medicine and didn't experience a gain but a blood pressure pill has alot more to do with body Fluid level so I can't really say. Hang in there you will get it off. And yes, I do the same, don't adjust my ticker up if I have a gain but it doesn't get to come down either until that is back off.

I had a good loss Thurs/Friday as my fill kicked in and then Saturday went sugar crazy and so I was up .5 pound this a.m. I mowed the grass (riding mower but I have 2 acres+ to mow) replanted two trees, and washed the car so I did some big time sweatin today as pennance... watching more carefully on eating today and hoping to hit my -60 by my 6 month bandiversary but I won't get there if I get crazy on Starbucks Frappaccino for passing my PMP exam either.

I also wanted to say I can eat a Protein bar and not PB when eating a sausage link or another solid item is very hard right now. Go figure? I can't just eat 1 egg or just 1 sausage link as I know that isn't enough Protein and calories to go on. I divided my leftovers from my Chinese dinner into 3 containers of about 1/2 to 3/4 cup and I am seriously doubting I can even eat that much.

Ok folks I am frustrated that i still don't have any restriction since my last 1cc. I can eat ANYTHING. I was doing sooo well before I had to get Fluid taken out. It take so long to rebuild after an unfill. i am up about three pounds again and haven't lost a thing since the first of August. I have a call into the office because i knew this 1cc wasn't going to be enough. I feel like i have no band at all. Sorry for the bellyaching but I want to lose!!!

Thanks for letting me vent....again

I'm having internet access withdrawal symptoms...just kidding :thumbdown:No power like so many of you since this past Sunday at 4pm and its not projected to be back on now until maybe Sunday so the only internet access I have is at work on the weekdays.

Still very restricted from this last fill - I'm trying to hang in there but it is definitely true that when you are very restricted its easy to want to fall back to something that slides right down but I'm doing my best to resist. Having a nice bowl of Soup for lunch and had a Protein bar for Breakfast so doing better today. Yesterday I had a slip and tried a scoop of pumpkin ice cream when I was up at Amish country. :) Then I could barely finish a bowl of vegetable Soup a couple hours later due to being very restricted. Still learning as I go.

I am learning that stress can do weird things to a body -- like showing I gained 5 lbs without warning and without eating beyond a 800-1200 calorie level for the past week. It has to be some crazy metabolism and retaining Fluid thing but it is hard to see the number on the scale up. I got power back on at 6pm Thursday and got a good night's rest and this morning the scale showed down 2 lbs from the +7 it was yesterday at 6pm but I'm hoping each day this weekend with more relaxing back into normal mode will drop that excess away. I still have good restriction and I'm still making good food choices so I am sharing my struggle to help others know you gotta hang in there. This too shall pass.

I'm going grocery shopping tonight to replentish my refrigerator now with skim milk, eggs, yogurt and all the other things that I had to throw away. I imagine this thread is quiet for now because so many are trying to get back into normal mode.

Wanted to throw out a reminder about the Walk from Obesity is at the Groveport Rec Center Sunday October 5 so that will be here before we know it. Hope to see some of you there.

Well the scale is down another 2 lbs this a.m. so I guess the trick of Water retention or whatever my body is playing with me and my sanity, is starting to resolve itself. WOW!! Just for good measure I'm working my butt off at home today steam cleaning carpets and doing other physical things and I best be getting back on the exercise wagon that I fell off since Sunday's crazy storm conditions and power excuse for not working out or walking.

Sorry to say I didn't make my 60 lbs in 6 months goal I had set for myself but this was a crazy week so I'm going to give myself a break and just be thankful I am where I am.

I'm stockpiling up 60 lbs of rice (6 of the 10 lb bags) to donate to my church's food drive to send relief to Haiti -- they are desperate down there and my church has a mission we support. I went there many years ago on a mission work trip and it really taught me to be so thankful. Anyway, the latest round of hurricanes really hit Haiti hard so they are going to send a container of dry goods and non-perishables so this sounded like a great excuse to donate some food. I am proud that it has been about late June when I did the 40 lbs of sugar donation to Celebrate my -40 lbs milestone and that went to the local Westerville food bank so I do take care of those at home as well as have a heart for those abroad who are suffering.

My second fill isn't until Oct 16th. I have no restriction and am eating about 4 cups of food at a time. I know, I shouldn't: but I can, therefore, I do!!!!

I have 6.5 cc in my band now. I haven't lost anything for 4 weeks. I am still eating less than 1200 calories per day and exercising.

Do you think Dr Choban would fill me early??

I signed up for the Mt. Carmel team for the Walk from Obesity at the Groveport Rec Center on October 5. I hope I'll see some of you there.

My second fill isn't until Oct 16th. I have no restriction and am eating about 4 cups of food at a time. I know, I shouldn't: but I can, therefore, I do!!!!

I have 6.5 cc in my band now. I haven't lost anything for 4 weeks. I am still eating less than 1200 calories per day and exercising.

Do you think Dr Choban would fill me early??

Lyn, sounds like you are a little discouraged with the scale thing and I totally understand. I wouldn't push too hard to get fills on a fast schedule. Instead here is an idea to measure your success until your next fill -- get out a tape measure and take those measurements today... then take it before you go for your fill or weekly and see if you're changing size but not pounds.

I am going to take my own advice if I can get the courage up to do it on the tape measure thing. I opened up a new workout DVD someone got me for my birthday in January and it had a tape measure and a book to log your progress included!

One thing I started tonight is using my digital scale on my counter -- to weigh out what 2 oz or whatever really does look like. Maybe I'm eating more calories than I think I am :redface: so I'm going to try this as just one more discipline thing.

Special K,

I think you are right about weighing out the food. I just know I am eating more than I should be eating. i have been soooooo hungry. I will also go back to the basics and watch the Protein count too. Thanks.

i am doing great on the exercise part but the eating is a struggle.

Lynn-

Hang in there. I had the same problem this time. Between my first and second fill I lost 14 pounds. I am coming up on my third fill (Oct. 16th too) and I am hungry all the time. I have lost about 4 pounds and that is it. I really don't understand it, but I guess we will just have to wait for the sweet spot to hit.

Howdy folks. Got into see Dr. Miller on the 22nd (my birthday) and he gave me another 1cc and yeah It's beginning to work!! I really never imagined what fine tuning this band requires, at least for me. It truly has been a learning experience about what I'm supposed to feel and when things aren't quite right. I was glad to be able to get into seee him as dr. choban has been booked solid. Congrats on everyone's success!!