Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

:blink: Hello All,

I just wanted to check in. I guess I have not posted in more than 30 days. I do not want them to boot me. :biggrin: Things are going well for me. I am down over 70lbs now!! I have had several NSV. I think my two favorites that happened in the last 2 weeks were 1. I fit into a size 15 jeans. 2. I can now take my hubbers clothes and wear them. I go in for another fill next week. I am excited I am getting close to my "sweet spot" My family Finally noticed I have lost weight!! that made me feel good. (they do not know I had the sx) Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about your stepfathers death. I am thinking and praying for you and your mom. I am sorry that the post is so long winded. Is anyone else getting filled next week?? Keep being losers :thumbup:

I posted under the Columbus thread but in case you don't see it there, I really appreciated all the prayers and well wishes for me and my family at the loss of my stepdad. I think I did ok, not great eating-wise, but that is behind me and I certainly wasn't able to overeat in Quantity (though I did eat too many calories) to deal with my sorrow, so that is a good thing that my band was my helper during this time too.

Katie, I would still like to connect up with you if you still have any size 24 clothes you are looking to get rid of. As you can see I got distracted and didn't get with you and I thank you for the offer. PM me or call my cell # if you still want to.

Hi everyone ~ I went to the support group meeting @ Polaris. It was nice to meet with other banders and visit.

Angie ~ Aug. 27th is quickly approaching...

Angie ~ Aug. 27th is quickly approaching...

It's just a matter of days for us now Patty!!! :wink2: I have almost everything on my to-do list marked off now. I just have a couple things to add to my overnight bag for the hospital and do the last minute cleaning around the house...... then I should be ready to go (well, thats what my list says) :tt2:

Katie~ you're moving right along my friend!! 70lbs is awesome!

Hi everyone. I can't believe how quite it has been in here this summer. Everyone must be outside enjoying the warm weather while they can.

Everyone have a blessed evening :cursing:

Hope everyone is doing well! It's been kinda quiet in here lately. I am just waiting impatiently on my refill on the 28th. I am up about 3lbs since getting deflated but feeling good.I went to my primary doctor who I hadn't seen since March adn on his records I was down 33lbs since then. he was very pleased but Miss "gotta have it right now" wishes it were more by now. Oh well. Everyone have a good weekend:shades_smile:

PS. good luck Patty and Angie you will both do great!!!!!

Edited by SKoenig

I'm walking three miles this morning for the American Heart Assn downtown at COSI/Genoa Park. Its a little bittersweet to be walking for my stepdad but I'm glad I had decided to help be a team leader for my company, get this exercise in, etc. Hope everyone has a great day.

What a beautiful morning for a walk SpecialK ! I walked all over Mammoth

caves last week and really enjoyed it. I don't know if I would have tried it last year.:biggrin2:

TM..I'm counting the days with you!:tongue:

I have read this forum alot of times and finally got the courage to join. On August 5th I went to the seminar at Mt. Carmel. I have already been diagnosed with sleep apnea and had the sleep study for a cpap perscription. My BMI is 38, I have been morbidly obese for 4 years and obese for too many. MY healthcare is United health care select EPO.

I sent my initial paperwork over two weeks ago. My motivation for getting banded and succeding is high. The stigma and they way you are treated when you are fat is a great motvation for me. I want to be able to run and play with my so. I dont want to be ashamed to go to a family function.

I really will be heartbroken if I am not able to get banded.

How long before i know if they will accept me?

Edited by oktoberfest

:seeya:Hi Sue. Good to hear from you my friend. I LOVE Mammoth cave. We went there a lot when I was a kid. What a NSV for you :tongue:. Thanks for counting with me. 4 days to go :lol:.

Welcome oktoberfest. It's always nice to have new people join us. You should be hearing something pretty soon. I think it took 2 weeks or so. Charlene my have a helper now, so that may speed up the process for you.

Kathy~ how did your walk go?

Sarah~ glad to hear your feeling better, even with the slight gain. You can drop that in no time. :eek:

I'm off to join my family for my sisters birthday celebration.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Welcome octoberfest. If Mt. Carmel is on your In-Network list for your insurance and your employer hasn't excluded Weight Loss Surgery coverage, its just a matter of jumping through the right hoops. Most of us had to do a 6 month supervised diet requirement, which made that the longest path to getting banded. Others found they could get approved and in the hospital in as little as 3 months. It really varies on your insurance plan. The one recommendation we all have for you is to stay on top of where things stand with the surgeon's office, a lady named Charlene, was the only one processing things and it caused things to get slowed down but they had promised to hire an extra person to help. Just keep calling the office and asking...it pays to be the squeaky wheel in this case.

AHA Heart Walk update - I feel like a jerk about this but I set the alarm, got up and drove to downtown Columbus all set to do the walk, allowing myself plenty of time to get to COSI by 8:30 because they wanted to take a company photo of all the walkers from my company.... well I got stuck in a huge traffic jam and didn't even make it to area behind COSI until after 9 am and then the parking was full and they were putting us way out in a grass field by the railroad tracks, boarded up houses, and it didn't really look all that safe so I went right on by and went to my Mom's house. I'll do my walk tomorrow here at home to keep honest that I will walk but it was a zoo down there. I don't know if they thought they were going to have that big of a crowd but it was terrible, no police to direct traffic or whatever. Anyway, I still raised over $300 in donations so that's still a positive thing.

Congratulations on having the motivation to go out and walk.

I got my paperwork saying I was a candidate for lapband. I am excited. I called UHC select EPO, I need a leter from the doctor, BMI with co morbids, and 5 year weight history. About the 5 year weight history. I have been overweight for over 10 years, but have only been morbidly obese for the last 2 1/2.

I am afraid because I have not been morbidly obese for 5 years I will be denied. Anyone with experience on what the insurance company is looking for about my weight history?

Tracy

Welcome Oktoberfest you are in the best place for support!! I don't know much about United Health Care but be prepared to "jump through hoops" like kathy said. I was declined the first time but my physician just kept sending records. Just remember your insurance company wants you to give up and get frustrated but DON'T!!!

Kathy- I did the Heart Walk on Sat I had to park at Spaghetti Warehouse. My daughter and I only did the 1 mile cause I had my son's football game to go to but I was surprised at the amount of people!!! it was a Zoo.

Angie I'm sure you are getting excited try not to be nervous it was pretty easy.

Only 3 more days til i get my band back!!! All have a good day!:rolleyes: