Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Will I Be Able To Wear Something Around My Waist?

I'm 5 days post op VSG, and my incisions are still so tender that I can't wear even loose elastic waist pants for more than about 30 minutes. Pain meds help some, but not enough. I'm planning to go back to work day after tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll be able to because of this. Otherwise everything is fine - able to get in all required Water and Protein without a problem.

Do you have an abdominal binder? I could wear even jeans with this on too. I was a little stiff but not completely uncomfortable.

No, nobody mentioned that. I'm thinking it's the compression of my abdomen that is the problem, so I'm not sure that would be the answer. But it would be worth a try...

Jean, you may want to inquire with doctor to extend your time off, if you can. It's so important to rest and heal properly. I just came home from surgery yesterday and the nurse couldn't stress enough to make sure I kept wounds, clean and bandanged properly. When I showered to dry thoroughly and banded back up. Idk if returning to work with tender wounds is going to help Hope you feel and recover soon.

Fluffnomore, where do you get an abdominal binder? ? Hadn't heard of it?? Did you get one? And what should one expect from this binder?

When I woke up in recovery, this sweet item was on me:

http://www.soap.com/p/gabrialla-womens-breathable-elastic-abdominal-binder-12-in-wide-2xl-231931?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=ZQB-11683&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1323144446&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

It was my constant companion for the first two weeks. I stopped wearing it sometime early last week (week 3.) Especially when I had to attend a meeting for a couple of hours (and drive an hour each way to get there) having that extra support was amazing. And the wounds didn't hurt when there was this light pressure on them.

They have them on Amazon; just google abdominal binder.< /p>

My pants must sit low because they didn't bother my incisions! I am 3.5 weeks out and my largest incision still aches sometimes - but I do agree that a bit of pressure might help. I did have lots of tenderness rolling over through to the end of the second week. After that, it was much better.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

To address the compression issue, what might be making things hurt is your stomach skin pulling at the incisions. This gives the same amount of support to all of the incisions and keeps gravity from pulling them down. They definitely hurt more the day I stopped wearing it.

My surgeon recommends the binder to support your core and to help prevent hernias. When they pump you full of gas, there is extra room in your cavity. It sure helps when walking, etc.

I take it off to shower and it feels amazing when I put it back on. I'd suggest that you purchase one if they are not provided.

They gave me a binder which worked great under my pants for about 5 days than once swelling was down it was not comfy but still needed some thing so I got one of those Kimora body things, it feels wonderful almost like a little hug on my tummy..im almost 3 weeks out and although my pants are not real tight I slide the band down a bit once I sit....you would think compression is not the answer but it feels good and kinda evens out the pressure of the pants band if that makes sense

Thank you one and all. I appreciate you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches