Anyone Suffer From Foot Drop After Weight Loss?

26 posts in this topic

That gives me hope. I have had blood work to rule out pernicous anemia and an MRI of my back and now they want to do nerve conduction tests and a spinal tap to rule out MS and ALS. Has been exhausting. I still run 5 miles a day but I trip a lot. Lol.

I hope it is not really too serious.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I am hoping to get back to normal asap.

Hoping for the best.

Thank you. Whatever it is, I will push on through. Life is good!

I guess it could indirectly be related to weight loss if it's caused by crossing your legs. That's not something easily done until you've lost enough weight. I had the same issue but like what was already said it was due to my sciatic nerve. This happened in Feb of this year and I still have numbness and some pain on the outside of my right leg and the top of my foot and toes even though my back pain is now gone. Luckily it only caused my foot to drop for the first month. Good luck!

That gives me hope. I have had blood work to rule out pernicous anemia and an MRI of my back and now they want to do nerve conduction tests and a spinal tap to rule out MS and ALS. Has been exhausting. I still run 5 miles a day but I trip a lot. Lol.

I won't lie, I'm glad you're getting those tests done to rule out something more serious. When I first read this topic, I immediately worried about MS. (I have MS, btw) It's always better to be safe than sorry.

I noticed this about two weeks ago. It lasted for a few days and has gone away. I too cross my legs a lot.

I'm going to stop crossing my legs. I haven't had this issue, and I certainly don't want it!

As always, your advice is greatly appreciated Missy! I hope you are doing well.

Mis73 likes this 1 Like this

1. I'm so glad I found this post. I'm 7 months out and a loss of about 80 lbs. On Nov 8th, I started limping and couldn't get my balance right. Numb left foot. I did a little research online and decided I needed to go to a doctor. Friday Nov.15th I had foot x-rays, then they decided to do my back and after reviewing them, they sent me for a MRI. I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm still not able to raise my left foot up at the ankle and still numb. I think the next step is a brace and a nerve test! Everything is happening so fast and I don't know where to turn... Do I have sucker written on my forehead???

I stopped crossing my legs and mine is about 50 percent better. I put off nerve conduction test and any further tests until I give it some time.