Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Co-workers can funny

So a few of us ordered $8.00 lunch plates at work today and one of my co workers took it upon herself to tell another co worker that did not order a plate, that she can have most of my plate, before I even ate any for myself (free) because I never eat all my food anymore. Her exact words were "She has more than enough food and you can make yourself at home in her plate, she can't eat all that". I was sitting in another area and heard her, I was not part of the conversation. I offered the girl some of my plate then pulled the co worker aside and told her to never do that again. I told her that it is not her place to offer my plate regardless to the fact that I do not eat that much anymore. She said I hurt her feelings. But I told her, I know how much I can eat and I can take my leftovers home to my husband or kids, and I don't need all the new co workers knowing I had surgery. She decided not to eat lunch with me today after that conversation, even though we've ate together for 3 years. Lol People can be so funny!!!!

You have one of those where you work too? I haven't had surgery yet and I'm planning on not letting her know what my plans are.

How rude!

I went to Panera bread for lunch with my sis and ordered a full salad. I only ate a few bites and took the rest home. My husband and son enjoyed a late night snack with the leftovers. I've done this when ordering at other restaurants and plan on continuing. It's nice to have leftovers for myself or family.

People are incredibly rude. I have surgery on the 22nd but my mom had hers done about 7 years ago. She gets asked all the time if she didn't like her food because of how much is left over and several times, has been refused to be served a plain chicken breast (I ordered a chicken Caesar then gave her the chicken - go figure!)

It's nobody's business what you eat or how much. I'd tell her to shove it!

So a few of us ordered 8.00 lunch plates at work today and one of my co workers took it upon herself to tell another co worker that did not order a plate, that she can have most of my plate, before I even ate any for myself (free) because I never eat all my food anymore. Her exact words were "She has more than enough food and you can make yourself at home in her plate, she can't eat all that". I was sitting in another area and heard her, I was not part of the conversation. I offered the girl some of my plate then pulled the co worker aside and told her to never do that again. I told her that it is not her place to offer my plate regardless to the fact that I do not eat that much anymore. She said I hurt her feelings. But I told her, I know how much I can eat and I can take my leftovers home to my husband or kids, and I don't need all the new co workers knowing I had surgery. She decided not to eat lunch with me today after that conversation, even though we've ate together for 3 years. Lol People can be so funny!!!!

You told her just right!! That was very rude of her to do that.And besides she didn't even pay for your meal to begin with Smh the nerve of some people!!!! Who knows she could be secretly jealous.

Edited by Shauna29

I bet she is Shauna, I'm trying to eat the right way now (slower) before having surgery (per my Dr.) and two of my C0-workers have said to me at different times " you eat so slow, I watch how slowly you chew your food". I call them the food police and for that reason, I refuse to let them know my plans. Hopefully things will go well and I may eventually tell them later. Hang in there lovingme4me.

I bet she is Shauna, I'm trying to eat the right way now (slower) before having surgery (per my Dr.) and two of my C0-workers have said to me at different times " you eat so slow, I watch how slowly you chew your food". I call them the food police and for that reason, I refuse to let them know my plans. Hopefully things will go well and I may eventually tell them later. Hang in there lovingme4me.

Edited by Shauna29

I've been trying to do the same things eat slower and making sure I chew, chew, chew lol. And I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can before surgery. Nobody really knows I'm having It done I told some of my family. But they were so negative so I lied and told them that I wasn't having it done anymore. Good luck reshiapooh96 do you have a surgery date yet?????

Edited by Shauna29

You have one of those where you work too? I haven't had surgery yet and I'm planning on not letting her know what my plans are.

Me either!!

I have one of those at work. I didn't tell anyone except my husband and my daughter's at home. At work I told my supervisors and one coworker (good friend) about my surgery because I needed a support system in case I got sick while there. One girl I work with is a terrible gossip. She found out while I was recovering. I don't now how - no one talks to her - but I'm assuming she was eavesdropping on a private conversation. She started telling customers and other people within my company that I had the surgery because I was 'trying to be sexy, sexy, sexy for my man'! Very offensive and totally wrong! I was suffering terrible back and knee pain and developing comorbidities. I overheard her telling someone I never met this and I was LIVID!!!! I don't even share the fact of my surgery with my family and certainly didn't want the whole darn world to know! I reported her to my supervisor and HR who reprimanded her. I haven't spoken to her since last summer, except for the barest minimum required in the course of working. They made her apologize but it was NOT accepted - even her apology was poorly done as she tried to justify her actions in the same breath!

If she NEVER talks to you or eats with you again, thank the heavens. Not so much for her indiscretion (we all act the fool now & then) but mostly because of her reaction to you standing up for yourself and calling her out on her stupidity.

If she NEVER talks to you or eats with you again, thank the heavens. Not so much for her indiscretion (we all act the fool now & then) but mostly because of her reaction to you standing up for yourself and calling her out on her stupidity.

She tried to justify her big mouth by telling me she thought I was 'putting it out there'. I didn't tell HER. The only ones I told were my support people - exactly six people between home and work. She messed up big time at work this week, not once but several times. One of them was a federal regulation violation - very serious! I think she's going to be gone by week's end. She's the only thorn in everyone's side. Aside from her we have a great bunch of people who all get along and like/respect each other. :-)