Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all!! Well today I had my psych evaluation. I think I passed! lol I had to be there at 7:45 and my appointment wasn't until 9. So from 7:45 till 9 I was filling out paper work and answering a bunch of questions. The questions were basic questions. They reallu didn't go into detail. They also were very repetitive! I answered some questions at least 5 times. I went back at about 9 with the doctor. He had a 50 question questionnaire that he had to ask me. They weren't that bad. But again they were very repetitive. They also were worded weird. So I did ask him to explain a few of them. But the doctor was really nice and we talked throughout the questions. He even said they were worded weird. I also took pictures of some of the question forms. I figured that someone on here might want to see what kinds of questions I was asked. I know that it would have helped me going in if I knew what to expect!! So hopefully these help someone. I hope the rest of you guys don't mind. I feel like I cheated on a test because I took pictures lol but oh well hopefully this is the only time that we all have to go through something so personal!! But over all I think I passed. He said he passed me but that he has to wait on the scan tron test I took to come back to know for sure. Well if anyone has any questions about my experience please feel free to ask me!! :) PS: there is a lot of pictures..lol

Don't worry these are 100% normal. They are standardized tests and not every question is necessarily applicable to you. The reason they are repetitive is to insure you are being as truthful as possible and not trying to answer the way you "think" the doctor wants you to. It's not pass or fail. It shows the areas you may need help with and those that you do not. Some psychiatrists don't use these tests but some do. Professional preference.

I am not really worried about the questions. I just felt that they were annoying after a while. Then I had to be interviewed and asked the same questions again. It was very time consuming. I just don't want someone to stop my surgery because of how they perceive me. But I feel so much better now that its over. He was very nice and said that they just didn't want patients to go into the surgery depressed because there is some depression afterwards. And if its not treated before then it might hinder your ability to be successful. I just wanted to post some of the questions so someone that's nervous about theirs can see that they are easy questions and there is nothing to worry about.

I will be having an eval done also and I have "what looks like" the same packet of questions. My psych eval will be scheduled after the packet has been viewed ASAP. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Probably the standard MMPI personality test, about 300 questions. This is not something to study for, cram for or cheat on. It's meant to identify issues that you may have that may affect whether or not you'll be successful with the post-op program. It is objective--it has nothing to do with how someone may perceive you. Not every surgeon uses this test, but it is a very common personality profile.

That said, I think it is highly inappropriate to post the questions online. First, it is copyrighted and secondly, you just might help someone skew their answers and as a result, they might not get the help they need with their personal issues. Your attempt to help could have unintended and serious consequences.

We don't have psych tests over here. Having read this I'm glad :-)

You Lucky Duck.......LOL

Probably the standard MMPI personality test' date=' about 300 questions. This is not something to study for, cram for or cheat on. It's meant to identify issues that you may have that may affect whether or not you'll be successful with the post-op program. It is objective--it has nothing to do with how someone may perceive you. Not every surgeon uses this test, but it is a very common personality profile.

That said, I think it is highly inappropriate to post the questions online. First, it is copyrighted and secondly, you just might help someone skew their answers and as a result, they might not get the help they need with their personal issues. Your attempt to help could have unintended and serious consequences.[/quote']

Do you ever have anything nice to say???

Probably the standard MMPI personality test' date=' about 300 questions. This is not something to study for, cram for or cheat on. It's meant to identify issues that you may have that may affect whether or not you'll be successful with the post-op program. It is objective--it has nothing to do with how someone may perceive you. Not every surgeon uses this test, but it is a very common personality profile.

That said, I think it is highly inappropriate to post the questions online. First, it is copyrighted and secondly, you just might help someone skew their answers and as a result, they might not get the help they need with their personal issues. Your attempt to help could have unintended and serious consequences.[/quote']

Well how about this FYI I didn't post it for you!! And how the hell will it help someone skew their questions? Because they read the questions before hand? I didn't answer the questions and post it. As you can clearly see. I think that you are out of line here and really honestly could care wtf you think. And if you google psych evaluation question guess what oh wow questions come up. I think your negativity is bringing the group down. And to be honest I think you really need to stop posting on things if everything you are going to say is negative. I posted this to show people who is pre op, like my self, what kinds of questions are asked. No one can cheat on this kind of test. Even if I had answered them no one knows if I passed or not. Now as for everyone else I hope it eases your minds a little to know what kind of questions will be asked.

Oh and TurnThePage no need to respond if your going to be negative. Because frankly no body cares about your opinion!! Thanks!!

Do you ever have anything nice to say???

Obviously not!!

We don't have psych tests over here. Having read this I'm glad :-)

Lucky you! I wasn't supposed to have one but I switched surgeons . The new one required all his patients have one.

You are very rude. This is a place to HELP ppl...and a lot of us fear the psych eval. Terri was simply showing us what to expect. I have read other posts that you have replied to and you aren't very nice or comforting. We are all in the same boat...different phases in the journey...but the same boat. Let's not belittle people for trying to help others. K. Thanks.

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 319~gw 140

Obviously not!!

Its sad when you come here for support and advice.... evidently someone wasn't taught when they were little that if you can't say something nice dont say anything at all....

Its sad when you come here for support and advice.... evidently someone wasn't taught when they were little that if you can't say something nice dont say anything at all....

Yeah what's also sad is that we are all in the same boat. At one point in time everyone is where I am now. You might not have had a psych evaluation but probably 50% have and I was just trying to show people what kinds of questions were on there. No one can cheat on a test about them selves. I guess there is always one rotten one out of a bunch.

Yeah what's also sad is that we are all in the same boat. At one point in time everyone is where I am now. You might not have had a psych evaluation but probably 50% have and I was just trying to show people what kinds of questions were on there. No one can cheat on a test about them selves. I guess there is always one rotten one out of a bunch.

I, for one, thank you for showing me what I will be facing next week :-)

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 319~gw 140