Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pants on Fire!

I think people think that they will be judged for having surgery. But aren't we a judged for being fat? Then you lose weight and people either know u aren't being honest or assume you are sick. No way does anyone lose thos amount of weight by doing a diet plan...and keep it off...especially if you e struggled your whole life. If it happened none of us would need this tool. I had people tell me they had the surgery and I am sooo thankful for their honesty. They saved my life. I had an aunt lie. I knew she was lying. .still hasn't told the truth. She looks shallow and dumb. Does she really think I'm that dumb? You assume people won't know. You then look like you are ashamed. I am finally proud of myself...sleeve and all. I did it. You wouldn't lie about being on plexus or weight watchers...why be ashamed of the sleeve? Negative people exist all over..they will talk no matter what. Why not try to help others?

I've chosen to not tell the people I'm not close too. No ones asked yet and quite frankly, I don't want to be the poster child for the surgery. Not yet anyways.

Besides, no one else needs to know my medical history, I find that private.

Everyone has feelings and ideas about this surgery and how they wish to relate it to the outside world. All are valid, they are yours and you have a right to them.

My personal feeling about this surgery is that I am extremely proud of myself for coming out fighting. I was suffering extreme weight gain, the after effects of prostate cancer treatment. Steroids, lupron,( a testosterone killer), radiation, chemo, all took a toll on me. I was told I would never lose the weight gain and would die in a couple years, that was 2009. My urologist didn't like the surgery saying it was too hard on the body but signed off on it. My other doctors were on board.

I knew I was dying, I felt like a heart attack or stroke would get me before the cancer would. I couldn't breath, I had no energy, aches and pains by the multitude.

It was a fierce act. I was fully aware of the possible consequences. I prayed about it. I felt God's smile on me about it. I don't understand everything but I know I am loved by Him.

I feel really good about what I did. It is a very personal thing but my dramatic change invites many questions. Truth is easy to remember, it is always the same. I chose not to hide it from anyone who asks. If you chose to, more power to you, you have my respect.

I've told no one except immediate family and boss. No one has asked or commented so I guess I should be happy no one cares about me ;)

*Runs in with fire extinguisher!*

*brings marshmallows and weenies*

Haaaa!

Seriously. Am I the only one still annoyed (after all these years) by the "if you're not being nicey- nicey super supportive, telling me everything I do is perfect and awesome and okay then you're not supportive at all and shouldn't say anything" B.S.? Or the "golly gee, I guess you're just a totally NON special person for getting annoyed with people that say and do things you don't agree with" crap?

Suck it.

I've got two pals online pimping pharmaceuticals as the magic cure that helped them lose weight when the truth is that they sliced out 85% of their stomach and eat 500 calories a day and no carbs.

That's lying. I don't care how private you are. That's lying. Don't be a liar. And don't be a liar to sell pills to people on the internet that still believe there's a magic pill cure for obesity.

And I'll roll out that OTHER standby forum slogan:

"If you don't like what I say you can just be the bigger person and not respond."

Cause it's totally unsupportive to tell me you disagree with me, don'tcha know? Plus, it's mean. We only like unicorns and sparkles 'round here. No reality or realistic emotions allowed.

~Cheri

Seriously. Am I the only one still annoyed (after all these years) by the "if you're not being nicey- nicey super supportive, telling me everything I do is perfect and awesome and okay then you're not supportive at all and shouldn't say anything" B.S.? Or the "golly gee, I guess you're just a totally NON special person for getting annoyed with people that say and do things you don't agree with" crap? Suck it. I've got two pals online pimping pharmaceuticals as the magic cure that helped them lose weight when the truth is that they sliced out 85% of their stomach and eat 500 calories a day and no carbs. That's lying. I don't care how private you are. That's lying. Don't be a liar. And don't be a liar to sell pills to people on the internet that still believe there's a magic pill cure for obesity. And I'll roll out that OTHER standby forum slogan: "If you don't like what I say you can just be the bigger person and not respond." Cause it's totally unsupportive to tell me you disagree with me, don'tcha know? Plus, it's mean. We only like unicorns and sparkles 'round here. No reality or realistic emotions allowed. ~Cheri

I really warn to know about these people's real lives. Is that how they cope in the real world? One disagreement with me and you're gone! If you disagree with me you must be a mean person!

I really hate when people confuse a difference of opinion with personal love and loyalty. I could love you to pieces and still entirely disagree with you. But! not in a forum apparently.

I particularly hate it at work because I get paid for my brain (thankfully not my body or we'd be bankrupt:p). Anyway I digress I get paid for my brain, not to be friends and agree with everyone. And when people equate support and loyalty with yes-man ship, I get very frustrated.

As to your pill selling friends, karma will bite them in the azz sooner or later. Those types of deeds don't go unpunished.

I really warn to know about these people's real lives. Is that how they cope in the real world? One disagreement with me and you're gone! If you disagree with me you must be a mean person!

I really hate when people confuse a difference of opinion with personal love and loyalty. I could love you to pieces and still entirely disagree with you. But! not in a forum apparently.

I particularly hate it at work because I get paid for my brain (thankfully not my body or we'd be bankrupt:p). Anyway I digress I get paid for my brain, not to be friends and agree with everyone. And when people equate support and loyalty with yes-man ship, I get very frustrated.

As to your pill selling friends, karma will bite them in the azz sooner or later. Those types of deeds don't go unpunished.

We all know that I actually enjoy courteous dialogue, even when I disagree completely with people sharing their opinions. I get annoyed when I'm told "don't be annoyed." That's silly. Maybe it's not what would annoy someone else. Maybe they disagree with my stance. Maybe they're just better people than me. But don't discount my feelings or opinions simply because yours differ.

Makes me prickly and I show it in my responses!

~Cheri

We all know that I actually enjoy courteous dialogue, even when I disagree completely with people sharing their opinions. I get annoyed when I'm told "don't be annoyed." That's silly. Maybe it's not what would annoy someone else. Maybe they disagree with my stance. Maybe they're just better people than me. But don't discount my feelings or opinions simply because yours differ.

Makes me prickly and I show it in my responses!

~Cheri

I feel ya!

I love <insert eye roll> being told to simmer down, be patient, not to comment again, etc. by total strangers on the Internet simply because THEY don't like what I have to say.

I'd like people to like me, but if they don't, so be it. A stranger's opinion of me matters about as much as a caterpillar pooping in a bush three miles away; can't see it, can't smell it, don't care about it.

Them telling me what to do, how to feel or how I may or may not react is just about as effective as brushing your teeth while eating a pack of Oreos.