Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a date with Dr. Ponce de Leon

Anyone know much of Dr. Ponce de Leon's reputation?

I've been working with dr. verboonen in mind, but found out today he's out of office until late September.

I'm scheduled for surgery September 21, 04 with Dr ponce de leon, (YAY I HAVE A DATE! :D ) and haven't been able to find much about him in regards to personal posts of experiences.

What little I've found so far has been positive, so that's a plus, but like all of you can probably remember being during your pre-banding countdown, I'm pretty nervous! :)

Yea, Pam!:):D I'm so excited for you! That's only 3 weeks away! Girl, you better get busy! Please start working on drinking, drinking, drinking (except w/meals). Get all your old clothes washed and arranged by sizes. Start wearing the ones you really like. You'll go to put them on one day and Whoops! They don't fit any more! (So sad - NOT!) Where is your Dr. located? Best of luck to you!!:D

Thanks girls, you're all a godsend.

I've tried that chewing thing, it's something I'm going to have to consciously pay attention to for a while, and I do drink pretty well, though I need to increase my Water.

I've been trying harder to get more Water into all of us for a while now, but there are days when it's not nearly enough. It's now the only drink I allow with dinner, as it was one time I could get it in my kids.

Dr Ponce de leon is in Tijuana, He's with obesity goodbye, and I see that he's also with Bajanor group. Both are similar in price.

Thanks Bobby for the vote of confidence!

Well good luck to you, and best wishes for an easy surgery, and quick recovery.

Do keep us posted with your progress!

I suddenly realized today that I've less than 3 weeks til my own date, I kind of shocked me with that thought.

it's the weirdest mix of pure terror, and absolute excitement...

Hi Pam,

Once your past your liquid stages you'll never regret having the surgery. I had mine in Tijuana also with Dr. Lopez (5/8/04) and though I was concerned about issues other girls were having with him after I had surgery, I have so far been a perfectly normal case. I love my band. I was terrified too so I can relate to that. I was sobbing hysterically all the way to the operating table. They had to inject me with an anti-anxiety med. and I don't remember a thing after that. Best wishes to you and may it all go 100% wonderfully for you. I have heard of Dr. Ponce. Nothing has ever sounded negative. Have you asked Inamed for any kind of reference on him? I am assuming you have done searches about him on the internet besides just looking in the forums. Well best of luck, Teresa

Pam, I was crying on the way to the o.r. also. But they were happy tears! I was so happy to finally be at that point. (Plus I had just seen an O.R. nurse (who'd had gastric bypass 3 years ago) and she'd gained back a big chunk of weight. I really thought I'd made the right decision at that point! Haven't changed my mind yet!:)

Hi Pam,

I was banded by Dr. verboonen & dr. Ponce de leon August of 2003.

THE BEST!!!! is all I can say. A wonderful group, wonderful people to deal with. I was just down there on Friday October 1st. I met 3 of their patients while I was down there. I have recommended them to both my sisiters and my causin. It's funny but they have become like family.

I am sure Marlon and the gang will take good care of you.

Good Luck,

Mary

Once again the whole staff at weight management was perfect for me. The operation everything went great. I know several others as well that feel the same. I'd say you are lucky and have one of the best teams around working with you...